Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Great gig last night! Security was strict enough, our bags were checked when we got off the shuttle bus and then before we entered the venue. There were no static metal detectors but the security guys had handheld ones.

I personally thought the Phoenix park was a great venue! It definitely didnt need a pit area.

I get what they're saying about the lights, I got the shuttle bus back into town and there were plenty of people walking back in on that road that were nearly hit by the bus because there was no lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

did anyone at last nights gig notice if Castleknock or Ashtown gates were open? Last year was an accident waiting to happen with hoardes of people pushing through the turnstile at Hole in the Wall.

There were signs up directing people to the Castleknock gate but I didn't see any for Ashtown so I'm not sure about that one. The taxi I eventually got said that there was loads of roads closed up that way so I don't know how accessible it would have been for traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

LizT wrote: »
    Great gig last night! Security was strict enough, our bags were checked when we got off the shuttle bus and then before we entered the venue. There were no static metal detectors but the security guys had handheld ones.

I personally thought the Phoenix park was a great venue! It definitely didnt need a pit area.

I get what they're saying about the lights, I got the shuttle bus back into town and there were plenty of people walking back in on that road that were nearly hit by the bus because there was no lighting.

Yeah I agree security on the way in was good but I still think there should have been much more presence during the gig in among the crowd. Just because someone's not drunk or causing trouble at 6.30pm doesn't mean they're not causing trouble a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Advice for anyone going to the gigs over the weekend from town is take Dublin bus routes 39, 39a, 38a, 37 and 70 and get off on the Navan Road at Ashtown. This way you get a lot closer to the venue and you avoid the long walk up the park.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JJ wrote: »

Looks like ill be walking the otherside of the quays so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I parked on the lane approaching White's Gate last night at 7pm, no hassle. No security at that gate into the park. Strolled 7-8 minutes to the arena and was in by 7.20pm.

Was back in the car by 11.15pm and straight onto the M50.

I'm going Saturday and Sunday also (last night was a complete last minute decision, hence why I drove) but will be having a blast of beers at the w/e so anyone planning on driving over the w/e, I highly recommend the above. Complete hassle free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Stage time up for the Killers gig.
    http://www.goldenplec.com/the-killers-at-phoenix-park-stage-times/
    On stage at 9pm so about an hour half set i presume. Hopefully it not a rehash of their 02 set in Feb would feel a little shortchanged if it was. looking forward to TDCC good band nice to have an Irish band their. Fank Ocean good not sure if he a good support for the killers he is r&b act. Should be a good gig even if it the O2 plus a couple of thousand .

aha_sender wrote: »
    Stage time up for the Killers gig.
    http://www.goldenplec.com/the-killers-at-phoenix-park-stage-times/
    On stage at 9pm so about an hour half set i presume. Hopefully it not a rehash of their 02 set in Feb would feel a little shortchanged if it was. looking forward to TDCC good band nice to have an Irish band their. Fank Ocean good not sure if he a good support for the killers he is r&b act. Should be a good gig even if it the O2 plus a couple of thousand .

Most recent set list here:
    Somebody Told Me
    Spaceman
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Shadowplay
    (Joy Division cover)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    (piano)
    Bling (Confession of a King)
    For Reasons Unknown
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Forever Young
    (Alphaville cover)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    All These Things That I've Done
    Encore:
    When You Were Young
    Mr. Brightside

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Most recent set list here:
    Somebody Told Me
    Spaceman
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Shadowplay
    (Joy Division cover)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    (piano)
    Bling (Confession of a King)
    For Reasons Unknown
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Forever Young
    (Alphaville cover)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    All These Things That I've Done
    Encore:
    When You Were Young
    Mr. Brightside
    An alirght set list would like to here more of day and age. Hopefully they drop the song battle born not good live or on on cd. wonder will they do a preshow in the academy on firday :D since they have week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Dancor wrote: »
    Jessie J off the card tonight due to illness.

Is the illness baldness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Really thought Two Door Cinema Club would of been on before the Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

two door should have defo been on before the killers..
    Can anyone confirm is there a pit area with arm bands for the killers gig (first in first got thing) or is it just everyone cramming forward thing?

cplcummins wrote: »
    two door should have defo been on before the killers..
    Can anyone confirm is there a pit area with arm bands for the killers gig (first in first got thing) or is it just everyone cramming forward thing?

There was no pit last night so I'm guessing the lay out won't change too much for Saturday and Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

rats!!!
    was it mobbed to get to the front??

cplcummins wrote: »
    rats!!!
    was it mobbed to get to the front??

I set up camp in front of the sound deck and it was fairly comfortable in fairness.

Obviously crowd got a little more compact the closer to the stage but it looked like you could make your way into the first 20 rows if you wanted to make a go for it.

I'll be making a considerable greater effort myself to get within 20 rows Saturday and Sunday. I wasn't overly bothered in making my way forward last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

What were the queues like at the bar last night? I was at the Stone Roses last year and they were ridic.

I'm heading on Saturday and realise the demand for beer at JT will probably be lower than it will be at The Killers but just to get a rough idea...

I queued up for a drink about 10 minutes before he came on stage and I was there for 2-3 minutes. There were loads of people serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

LizT wrote: »
    I queued up for a drink about 10 minutes before he came on stage and I was there for 2-3 minutes. There were loads of people serving.

Is it heineken bars yea?

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Is it heineken bars yea?

Yep, 6 euro a pint or 6 euro for wine (mini bottles). Max 2 drinks per customer each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What is the story with crutches does anyone know? Is security so strict that they view a crutch as a weapon and don't let them in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Does anyone know what time roughly the Mumford and Sons concert will finish up?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

mutley18 wrote: »
    What is the story with crutches does anyone know? Is security so strict that they view a crutch as a weapon and don't let them in?

I'd phone Ticketmaster, Hopefully they will know what the story is but I doubt you'll be stopped going in with them, but then again it might be a "health and safety" thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They may stop you entering the pit(if one exists) due to health & safety, or they may tell you to please locate to the wheelchair area for your own safety.
    Does anyone know what time roughly the Mumford and Sons concert will finish up?

10:30- 10:45

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I saw two people at the JT last night gig on crutches. Looked right awkward to get through the crowds,especially on grass, but they were there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ecan123

Heading up to the killers concert from Galway on the train. Anyone have an idea on how to get back after the concert? wouldnt mind just going away from dublin on bus/train and getting a lift home. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

My friend said she was aload wearing heels at Justin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

might be a stupid question with the great weather could I get away with runners for Saturday? or will wellys be essential

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I just tried ticketmaster there and it appears they have released more tickets for Mumford and Sons if that's of interest to anyone. Still €61.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Yeah saw a few in heels and dressed up at JT in the long-grass, im sure he spotted them!

thought it was poorly thought out, we arrived at the entrance at 5pm. they let people by the first barrier and into a second barrier around 5:30pm. I thought they would close the first barrier and try and space people out a bit but they allowed people to continue up to barrier 2 causing one big jam to form until the gates fully opened at 6pm. not a queue or anything just a big wave of people.

regarding security check - i went up and the guy just said to me empty my pockets, and i just took whatever was in my hand out on the table, money and keys and he said, that's fine go ahead! i could have had a knife in my pocket, wasn't patted down! they seemed more concerned with handbags for some reason, maybe the SHM lads were storing the knives in their mrs. handbag! or they are just going after people they think might be scrotes and not wasting too much time.

everyone then ran in towards the stage, reason i was there early was to get a pit pass, so i could then chill out until near JT and go up front. i asked where the wrist bands for the pit were being given out and security said i think you need to go up there to get them.....so i ran up, no pit there :confused: i still don't understand what the person who was there all day seeing the setup before gates opened was thinking! was raging after getting involved in the jam coming in would gladly have stolled up at 7pm.

way out was dodgy, complete darkness walking out, didnt see any trouble bar some drunk knacker throwing water from his bottle up at a couple of girls walking out in front of him, was thinking if he gets a guy here it will kick off. only saw guards once on the whole 30mins walk about half way out. i imagine there was killings on this walk during SHM

no security presence during the gig, but not any trouble bar annoying drunk girls etc. people turning facing you trying to take pics of each other while JT was on. would love to see him in the 02!

then on the way out as we went up to see if luas was running they brought two empty luas futher up the track away from the actual stop and trapped us all in that barrier you see the picture of in this thread. knackers that wanted to walk across the road by Hueston and walk home were going absolutely mental at the security.

i was still puzzled at this stage was the luas still running and what i was being made queue on an open path for by random security men - not guards. then they either jumped or knocked down the barrier and ran. luckily i was up at top of queue at this stage. what happened was you were made queue regardless and then went on straight up the road where they had a couple of luas' parked or then you were free to turn right and cross the road if you needed to but had to queue for the priviledge!

havent been to a gig like that in ages, much prefer the 02!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

srm23 wrote: »

then on the way out as we went up to see if luas was running they brought two empty luas futher up the track away from the actual stop and trapped us all in that barrier you see the picture of in this thread. knackers that wanted to walk across the road by Hueston and walk home were going absolutely mental at the security.

i was still puzzled at this stage was the luas still running and what i was being made queue on an open path for by random security men - not guards. then they either jumped or knocked down the barrier and ran. luckily i was up at top of queue at this stage. what happened was you were made queue regardless and then went on straight up the road where they had a couple of luas' parked or then you were free to turn right and cross the road if you needed to but had to queue for the priviledge!

havent been to a gig like that in ages, much prefer the 02!

Sounds like last year to me. It was the exact same after the Stone Roses and the Florence/SP gigs, pure hardship.

I won't be going to another gig there unless it's someone who I REALLY want to see

Advertisement