Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

After the Killers gig, what would be the best way to get to Busaras for a 23:30 bus?

I'm trying to sort a way home for my daughter and her friends, don't particularly want them walking through town on a Saturday night. Where would the closest taxi rank be?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

We're getting a coach service up. They're dropping us off at "the coach parking area near Papal Cross".

Where is this in relation to the gigs? What would an easy to follow route be, bear in mind I have absolutely no clue of Phoenix Park layout at all. Also we're being collected from the same spot I think 30 minutes after the gig, is this enough time to get back?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Cocolola wrote: »
    We're getting a coach service up. They're dropping us off at "the coach parking area near Papels Cross".

Where is this in relation to the gigs? What would an easy to follow route be, bear in mind I have absolutely no clue of Phoenix Park layout at all. Also we're being collected from the same spot I think 30 minutes after the gig, is this enough time to get back?

Thanks

5 minute walk into the venue from there, just follow the crowd. When you come out, the way to the buses are signposted clearly. 30 minutes is loads of time, even with the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

That's brilliant thanks, was getting a bit stressed trying to figure out where everything was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ah you'll be grand, there are loads of stewards around the place anyway! Enjoy the gig :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

srm23 wrote: »
    then on the way out as we went up to see if luas was running they brought two empty luas futher up the track away from the actual stop and trapped us all in that barrier you see the picture of in this thread. knackers that wanted to walk across the road by Hueston and walk home were going absolutely mental at the security.

i was still puzzled at this stage was the luas still running and what i was being made queue on an open path for by random security men - not guards. then they either jumped or knocked down the barrier and ran. luckily i was up at top of queue at this stage. what happened was you were made queue regardless and then went on straight up the road where they had a couple of luas' parked or then you were free to turn right and cross the road if you needed to but had to queue for the priviledge!

Were you allowed to walk across to the other side of the quays (guinness side) instead of walking up by the luas line?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Alright lads, so the Killers gig on Saturday. It's very important to me to get close to the front, for whatever reason. I'd really appreciate anybody who can give me some help with what entrance to queue to increase the chances of that, what time I should go there at, how to get there, etc. It's my first PP gig, and I just love the Killers and Frank Ocean so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Folks, spending the day in the city centre before the Killers gig....what bus would be best to get out close to the Gig from OC'onnell bridge/the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Santi101 wrote: »
    Folks, spending the day in the city centre before the Killers gig....what bus would be best to get out close to the Gig from OC'onnell bridge/the quays?

As pclive mentioned here:
    Advice for anyone going to the gigs over the weekend from town is take Dublin bus routes 39, 39a, 38a, 37 and 70 and get off on the Navan Road at Ashtown. This way you get a lot closer to the venue and you avoid the long walk up the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Robotnic

Maybe someone can clear this up, am I missing something no Frank Ocean & 2 door Cinema club?

http://www.goldenplec.com/mumford-and-sons-at-phoenix-park-stage-times/

Mumford And Sons Stage Times

3:00pm Gates Open
    4:00pm Ham Sandwich
    5:00pm Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
    6:00pm The Vaccines
    7:15pm Ben Howard
    8:45pm Mumford & Sons

• Advertisement

Robotnic wrote: »
    Maybe someone can clear this up, am I missing something no Frank Ocean & 2 door Cinema club?

http://www.goldenplec.com/mumford-and-sons-at-phoenix-park-stage-times/

Mumford And Sons Stage Times

3:00pm Gates Open
    4:00pm Ham Sandwich
    5:00pm Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
    6:00pm The Vaccines
    7:15pm Ben Howard
    8:45pm Mumford & Sons

2dcc and frank ocean are playing with the Killers not Mumford and Sons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

LizT wrote: »
    Yep, 6 euro a pint

That is bloody horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Robotnic

2dcc and frank ocean are playing with the Killers not Mumford and Sons

Cheers, that might be it alright!
    TGIF brain gone already for long weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

LizT wrote: »
    Yep, 6 euro a pint or 6 euro for wine (mini bottles). Max 2 drinks per customer each time.

I think that's going to drive more people to do the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin method.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i suppose most people won't know, and will probably be wary about drinking around the park, so will just go inside and then have to pay those prices if they want a drink.
    at Forbidden Fruit, and most camping festivals that I can remember in the last few years, it's been a fiver a pint...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

maximoose wrote: »
    That is bloody horrific.

Well it is Heineken! Seriously though it is almost certainly not even a pint. Most of the time these are 500ml cups. Make sure to take a picture if they are advertising them as pints which they've done before. I've reported it to the weights and measures people before not that I got more than a "we'll look into it" back.
    JJ wrote: »
    I think that's going to drive more people to do the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin method.

I'd bet on the searches being tougher for tonight than JT with it being the weekend and all but good luck.

i suppose most people won't know, and will probably be wary about drinking around the park, so will just go inside and then have to pay those prices if they want a drink.
    at Forbidden Fruit, and most camping festivals that I can remember in the last few years, it's been a fiver a pint...

FF this year was more than a fiver , think it could have been €6 or €5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If collecting tickets from box office is ID & confirmation number sufficient, or do i need to have the card used to make the booking with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

FF this year was more than a fiver , think it could have been €6 or €5.50
    pretty certain it was a fiver for Becks anyway, maybe it was more for Bulmers/wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Final question folks, are you able to get in on this side of the Park, off the Navan road where the buses pass?

Seems like a more convenient plan coming from the City?

dvmq2a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

The little side strip of your ticket that you can rip off isnt important is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

maximoose wrote: »
    That is bloody horrific.

It's pretty standard.

anirishlad wrote: »
    The little side strip of your ticket that you can rip off isnt important is it?

Youre really having no luck at all are ya? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

Can someone please tell which gate is best to enter the phoenix park in order to be close to the entrance to the concert? Handiest for me is the castleknock gates but i don't want walk a million miles to finally get there! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Can someone please tell which gate is best to enter the phoenix park in order to be close to the entrance to the concert? Handiest for me is the castleknock gates but i don't want walk a million miles to finally get there! Thanks :)

Castleknock gate/Ashtown Gate are probably the two closest gates to the concert entrance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Castleknock gate/Ashtown Gate are probably the two closest gates to the concert entrance.

so anybody best bet would be to get a 37 from the south of the quays and that will leave you right outside the castleknock gate

Stage times tomorrow
    "@mcd_productions: STAGE TIMES:
    Gates: 17.00hrs
    Haim: 17.15hrs
    Two Door Cinema Club: 18.15hrs
    Frank Ocean: 19.40hrs
    The Killers: 20.30hrs
    (subject to change)"

Tdcc have a longer set than frank ocean.. yet hes after them.. mcd make no sense with lineups..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A V A wrote: »
    so anybody best bet would be to get a 37 from the south of the quays and that will leave you right outside the castleknock gate

Probably a good route alright. The traffic on the Navan Road was appalling on Wednesday as traffic that usually goes through the park was shifted onto it so the bus took forever (I was on a 38 heading home from work) but I'd imagine it'll be grand tmw/Sunday as there'll no commuters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Was at JT on Wednesday. Got the 46a from O'Connell street near the bus information centre to the entrance of Phoenix park. Got to the entrance at 2.30. Was let in at 6pm. There was only about 50/60 people there when we got there. Some fans from the UK had been waiting since 8am. No food/bottles/cans allow. Bottles and cans are standard not allow in. Only said we weren't allow food in 10mins before entering. Of course security took off crisps, sweets and juice cartons off me. :( Then to go inside and pay €2.50 for a bottle of water. Got to 2nd/3rd row. No pit area.

JT was so worth every cent. Awesome show. It was my seventh time to see him in concert, always outstanding. Hope he brings his tour back again next year on his world tour. Hopefully this time in the Aviva or O2/Odyssey.

Afterwards had to walk the 45min walk to the entrance again. Eventually got the Luas at Museum. Last time I was at a concert in Phoenix park, there were Dublin buses to the city centre. Didn't see any this time.

• Advertisement

ciaramc wrote: »
    Was at JT on Wednesday. Got the 46a from O'Connell street near the bus information centre to the entrance of Phoenix park. Got to the entrance at 2.30. Was let in at 6pm. There was only about 50/60 people there when we got there. Some fans from the UK had been waiting since 8am. No food/bottles/cans allow. Bottles and cans are standard not allow in. Only said we weren't allow food in 10mins before entering. Of course security took off crisps, sweets and juice cartons off me. :( Then to go inside and pay €2.50 for a bottle of water. Got to 2nd/3rd row. No pit area.

JT was so worth every cent. Awesome show. It was my seventh time to see him in concert, always outstanding. Hope he brings his tour back again next year on his world tour. Hopefully this time in the Aviva or O2/Odyssey.

Afterwards had to walk the 45min walk to the entrance again. Eventually got the Luas at Museum. Last time I was at a concert in Phoenix park, there were Dublin buses to the city centre. Didn't see any this time.

they charged for water?! and you cant bring in a bottle? even without the cap?

Advertisement