Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    they charged for water?! and you cant bring in a bottle? even without the cap?

They said no bottles, so anyone who brought in bottles had to give them to security. So seems to have changed now for the other 2 gigs.

I see Ticketmaster have just posted: https://www.facebook.com/TicketmasterIE/posts/10151471788952271?e

"Heading to the ‪#‎PhoenixPark‬ this weekend for The Killers or Mumford and Sons - don't forget to pack / wear sun cream as the good weather is set to continue. It's probably not a bad idea to bring / wear a hat too. There will be free drinking water at the water points on site so make the most of them. Enjoy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

There was free drinking water there for the JT concert too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

makes more sense, paying for water is just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Still not sure how to multi-quote but two things:

Firstly to the lady looking for info to get to Busaras for 23.30, sorry to say but they probably won't make it for that time. The crowds walking back into town make it impossible to get anywhere fast, given that the concert won't finish until closer to 11pm. Maybe you could convince them to leave a bit early, they might be lucky & get a bus or luas down but it wouldn't be guaranteed.

With regards to the water issue. I had a bottle of water with me. On the walk up to the security I took the lid off, put it in my bag at the very bottom wrapped in my top I brought with me. Luckily enough when my bag was searched they didn't empty it out so once we were in I just closed the bottle again and was sorted.

Unless the rules have changed since Wednesday, it was just the bottle tops you had to get rid of, not the bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

makes more sense, paying for water is just silly.

Tell that to Phil Hogan!

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    There was free drinking water there for the JT concert too.

Was this free water just at a front barrier as it is at most gigs or throughout the field? I didn't see any free water but great if its there.

Sounds like last year to me. It was the exact same after the Stone Roses and the Florence/SP gigs, pure hardship.

I won't be going to another gig there unless it's someone who I REALLY want to see

I said the exact same thing myself. Never again unless its Freddie Mercury back with Queen or Robbie Williams.

Anniebell wrote: »
    Was this free water just at a front barrier as it is at most gigs or throughout the field? I didn't see any free water but great if its there.

Not sure, the water point I saw was at the back near the toilets.

LizT wrote: »
    Not sure, the water point I saw was at the back near the toilets.

Oh lovely! Was going to post about a "free water source" I saw a few years ago but don't need to now! Needless to say unless I'm absolutely parched I don't drink it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

JJ wrote: »
    I think that's going to drive more people to do the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin method.

You will be doing well to sneak a naggin in!
    i suppose most people won't know, and will probably be wary about drinking around the park, so will just go inside and then have to pay those prices if they want a drink.
    at Forbidden Fruit, and most camping festivals that I can remember in the last few years, it's been a fiver a pint...

I was up there for JT on wednesday and id say as long as you aren't in a big gang and dont have huge bags of cans you would be fine to have a few drinks crashed out on the grass somewhere, probably best not just along the side of the road obviously though! I will be doing it for The Killers on Sat anyway! Probably just mix some vodka or similar into a 2l bottle and relax outside for a bit!
    FF this year was more than a fiver , think it could have been €6 or €5.50

Pints are 6 quid, pricey but feck it you're at a gig its a day out, expect to spend money!
    If collecting tickets from box office is ID & confirmation number sufficient, or do i need to have the card used to make the booking with me?

As far as i know you will need to bring the card you booked with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Technique wrote: »
    After the Killers gig, what would be the best way to get to Busaras for a 23:30 bus?

I'm trying to sort a way home for my daughter and her friends, don't particularly want them walking through town on a Saturday night. Where would the closest taxi rank be?

Thanks.

Bumping this...where would the nearest taxi rank be, and the latest that she could leave the gig, to get to Busaras for 2330, or the airport for 2350?

Bumping this...where would the nearest taxi rank be, and the latest that she could leave the gig, to get to Busaras for 2330, or the airport for 2350?

Hiya Technique,

I replied further up the thread but didn't quote your OP, sorry.

She's definitely going to have to leave early to get to Busaras for that time. The walk out of the park took the guts of 45 minutes on Wednesday night & JT finished close to 11pm.

The roads are always either closed off to traffic or pedestrians are blocked from
    Walking down to the city centre until
    The guards/security have the crowds somewhat under control.

Other people will have better suggestions I'm sure, but if she's headed for the airport, her best bet is to walk towards Chapelizod and catch a taxi there that would know which roads are closed and bring her to the airport.

Sorry I'm not much help and slightly negative but she's better over-estimating how long it'll take, rather than cutting it fine and stressed about missing her bus

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

MCD Productions ‏@mcd_productions:

Public Information notice for Phoenix Park gigs: http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/pp13_publicinfonotice.pdf … Make sure you have a read through!

Most important aspect I found was re entrance closures as I was going to use one of those listed below. Also lists buses to main entrances etc.
    Pedestrian access will be permitted through all of the main Phoenix Park Gates including Ashtown Gate. (Ashtown Gate will be closed to vehicles
    from 15:00hrs – 12:30hrs on 13th July and from 13:00hrs – 12:30hrs on 14th
    July.

The following small turnstile pedestrian gates will be closed from 15:00hrs – 12:30hrs 13th July and from 14:00hrs – 12:30hrs on 14th July:

*Cumiskeys Turnstile
    *Hole in the Wall Turnstile
    *Chapelizod Turnstile
    *Islandbridge Turnstile
    *Grange Gormans Turnstile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't know for sure and only guessing but I'd say your best bet would be to walk out the Ashtown Gate and pick up one on the navan Road near the halfway House pub. You're practically on the M50 there and could be in the airport in 20 minutes (crowd depending of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hi, where exactly in the Park are the gigs on? Like how long approx would it take me to walk afterwards to Heuston Station?

Hi, where exactly in the Park are the gigs on? Like how long approx would it take me to walk afterwards to Heuston Station?

not sure where exactly in the park, but it's a 45 minute walk form heuston

was there really no pit last night?
    surely they'll have one for the killers?..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

not sure where exactly in the park, but it's a 45 minute walk form heuston

It was a good 40 minute walk from the concert to the main gates of the park after the JT gig, and that was walking at a pretty decent pace.

was there really no pit last night?
    surely they'll have one for the killers?..

Nope no pit at the JT gig which suprised me. I was up the front,about 4 or 5 rows from the front barrier, it wasn't a pit pass situation just one big field basically. It's grand if you want to see the support acts,which I did, but if you're just waiting for the headline act then it'd be a bit of a pain to get right up close and have to wait for a few hours

DsJewel wrote: »
    It was a good 40 minute walk from the concert to the main gates of the park after the JT gig, and that was walking at a pretty decent pace.

Jaysus, seriously?

• Advertisement

Jaysus, seriously?

Yep,obviously coming out of the concert area initially slows you down cos of the crowds. It was also badly lit, quite dark, when you're walking up the park, I was walking at a decent pace since I was meeting someone for a lift home and it definitely took about 40 minutes to get out of the park.

DsJewel wrote: »
    Yep,obviously coming out of the concert area initially slows you down cos of the crowds. It was also badly lit, quite dark, when you're walking up the park, I was walking at a decent pace since I was meeting someone for a lift home and it definitely took about 40 minutes to get out of the park.

Feck me! Was planning on meeting someone at Heuston for a lift, but no chance of that now :P

Were the crowds mad at the entrance to the park or would I be able to get a lift handy enough?

Thanks again.

Feck me! Was planning on meeting someone at Heuston for a lift, but no chance of that now :P

Were the crowds mad at the entrance to the park or would I be able to get a lift handy enough?

Thanks again.

crowds weren't too mad at the entrance. I met my lift just up past the courts outside the park. They weren't letting traffic down towards the hueston direction though which was a pain since I needed to get on the n7,so had to circle around,only added a few minutes on the journey though to be fair. Drove by hueston once we'd circled around and there was a good few people around there. Dunno if it'll be the same this weekend but that's the way it was wednesday anyway.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Not sure if it has been mentioned already havn't read through teh whole thread but here us the official notice about the concert from mcd

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/pp13_publicinfonotice.pdf

Talks about the various transport restricstions, getting to and from concert and other bits and bobs, no harm havin a scan over it if you are going.

Also has details of a shuttle bus to and from the concerts from custom house quay. Its 9 quid return which for the distance is bit steep but for the handiness is kinda worth it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

def no pit for sat and sunday then?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Anyone else buy tickets for Mumford on Sunday from music glue? Do ye have any idea where their box office will be to collect them? Is it the same van as ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Heading to Mumford and sons tomorrow , was gonna wear wellies but now I'm hearing that wellies aren't necessary, wonder would I get away with flats or sandals..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm off to Killers tonight and was wondering about the wellies myself. I've only been to festivals before where wellies are a given. Not sure what to wear now, still reckon need something solid enough if going to be getting stuck in crowd, hmmm.

• Advertisement

You definitely don't need wellies, it's not mucky at all.

Advertisement