Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Bit of a newb here, which particular bit of the park are the concerts held i? Phoenix Park is HUGE. Is there any particular preferred way to get to the concert venue from Tara St dart station or Connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bit of a newb here, which particular bit of the park are the concerts held i? Phoenix Park is HUGE. Is there any particular preferred way to get to the concert venue from Tara St dart station or Connolly?

It's up near the Papal cross. There's shuttle buses going from Custom House Quay, 10 euro return but you get there and back fairly quickly. At least there were shuttle buses for JT.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Where in the park is the concert entrance (not the park entrance);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Realtine wrote: »
    Where in the park is the concert entrance (not the park entrance);)

About a couple hundred metres on the right hand side past the centre roundabout at the Aras and American ambassador's house entrances

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Oh holy crap, I booked two places on a private concert travel bus last week for €50, definitely picked Mumford and Sons and went to print out the ticket there now and I'm after seeing it was for tonight's gig. :(

When you go to book online, if you click on the Killers a huge picture of the band with "The Killers" appears so there's no way I picked that. I 100% picked Mumford and Sons.

Tried calling but no answer yet. I have no idea what were gonna do now, I'm sure we won't be able to transfer the seats and we can't afford new tickets.

Sorry just needed to have a panic rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

After some very dodgy queuing and a lot of stress, I'm at the front of the gig tonight, at the barrier! Haim just finished, they were really good! 2DCC next, then my baby, Frank Ocean! ^_^ Worth the stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

After some very dodgy queuing and a lot of stress, I'm at the front of the gig tonight, at the barrier! Haim just finished, they were really good! 2DCC next, then my baby, Frank Ocean! ^_^ Worth the stress!

Is there a pit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

The Killers still going. Can hear mr brightside here in Drimnagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Supposedly it was to be their last song on the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Phew, they called us back and confirmed that they had some issues with their system and that I did book the bus for tomorrow! I spent ages trying to figure out the bajillion different bus stops and places in Dublin!

Looking forward to Ben Howard now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Unreal gig from the Killers and TDCC tonight, missed most of Haim. Frank Ocean, while I'm sure was very enjoyable, was a bit of a buzzkill as most people didn't seem interested.

No pit, but if you only went forward during Frank Oceans set you could have been within maybe 5 rows of the barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Was fourth row all night tonight, great performancee by all.. barring Frank.Ocean, totally didnt fit with the day, seemed a buzz kill.. & the few frank ocean fans were.. 'undesireable'.. to the extent when i wouldnt let a woman past me she started clawing at my wrist with her house key and burning my hand with a cigarette..(no joke)

Security was more annoying & in large numbers than actually strong.. saw a few sneak in naggins and wasnt searched at all myself.

No pit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was fourth row all nightt tonivht, great perfoena.ce by all.. barring Frank.Ocean, totally didnt firmt with the day, seemed a buzz kill.. & the few frank ocean fans were.. 'undesireable'.. to the extent when i wouldnt let a woman past me she started clawing at my wrist with her house key and burning my hand wuth a cigarette..(no joke)

Security was more annoying & in large numbers than actually strong.. saw a few sneak in naggins and wasnt searched at all myself.

No pit either.

Wow what a bitch, I hate people like this I had some girl decide she wanted to get past me when I was at Example a while back, I refused to let her go ahead, she spent more time trying to kick and dig into the back of my legs than enjoying the gig, I just don't understand the logic in that, I'm not gonna move when I've been here since the doors opened and you've walked in with your friends 10 mins before the main act comes on..

Kinda surprised there was no pit at all this year, Seems a bit strange.. =/ I hope they have one for Eminem at Slane so I can avoid the majority of the "Lets get skangered with cider on the bus" crews, It's gonna be a disaster if there isn't one..

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

The killers were brilliant, but seemed to have run out of time and didn't get to sing flesh and bone or battle born.
    Don't know why frank ocean was the main support act. He was rubbish and completely the wrong type of act for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

chocksaway wrote: »
    The killers were brilliant, but seemed to have run out of time and didn't get to sing flesh and bone or battle born.
    Don't know why frank ocean was the main support act. He was rubbish and completely the wrong type of act for the night.
    Frank Ocean ran over time. Killers did the best they could & played until 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'd rank them based on last night:

1 Killers
    2 HAIM
    3 2DCC
    4 Frank Ocean

Killers were immense, brilliant live performers. Very little trouble from where I was sitting.....few clowns throwing drink etc which is strange for 30+ year old men but what can you do.

Well worth the money, for the Killers alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Yeah I figured that was the reason alright

It says no parking in the park, but they said that last year and there was loads. Anyone successfully parked in the park for these gigs this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone know if you can bring food like rolls or sandwiches in to the venue? Or even just snacks like bars or crisps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

frank ocean isnt terrible, he was just booked for a line up that he didnt fit into atall!! as frank ocean fan, i could see how he would be a buzz kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

having to listen to The Killers and TDCC either side of Frank Ocean would kill my buzz tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can bring food like rolls or sandwiches in to the venue? Or even just snacks like bars or crisps?

Unfortunately, no, You can only bring in 1 sealed 500ml bottle of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

having to listen to The Killers and TDCC either side of Frank Ocean would kill my buzz tbh

I'm a big fan of his but didn't go because it was never going to work up there and hadn't much interest in killers/tdcc. Bah! Disappointing.

Such a shame he wasn't just playing a venue in Dublin city instead. Hopefully we get one some time in the future, Channel Orange is a great record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

They are sound checking at the moment, can hear it clearly, couldn't hear the other nights, maybe upping the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Any word on stage times yet for today?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ham Sandwich 16:00hrs
    Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros 17:00hrs
    The Vaccines 18:15hrs
    Ben Howard 19:40hrs
    Mumford and Sons 20:30

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Actually, the Killers tend to not play album tracks at their festival performances, that was their full set, we got a copy of the set list. Frank played his set in full too, he wasn't over time at all. The stage times are subject to change.

While I completely adored Frank's set and I'm a big fan, I did notice that some of his fans who came specifically to see him were very "undesirable" as one person put it earlier. A group of lads and a few girls who were all either locked from alcohol or off their faces on drugs barged through the crowd to us in the front row, tried to get to the barrier and kept knocking into people. I told security and they sent them back into the crowd. Actually, something similar happened during the Killers set too. Some people are just completed assholes, we queued literally all day and this drunk bitch plowed her way through the crowd and started insulting us. Security dealt with her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭ffocused

I went last night & anyone going tonight may find some useful info here.

Ashtown gate is closest entrance, (we got a taxi out from ushers quay for €12)
    About 5-10 minutes walk to concert site across the grass. Route is easy to follow from trodden grass. I did not leave that way as it is totally unlit, & ground is very uneven.
    You may be questioned/searched at entrance gate, (steward had a quick look in & that was it) main search at entrance to venue is like airport check in, (empty bag onto table, & handheld metal detector) You can bring in sealed bottles of water only.
    We left early (10.30) & walked up to parkgate st. it took about 30 mins. & got taxi back into town where we parked our car. (€12 to Parnell St. cinema car park)
    Rank is on the right opposite bus garage. Plenty available as we were out before the crowds.
    Garda presence was heavy around entrances to park before & after, & very strong afterwards on the road out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

I know we're not supposed to but, hypothetically would someone be able to sneak a naggin in the ashtown gate? Not a knacker but i refuse to pay those rip off prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

You'll prob get it into the park but not into the concert venue itself.

Advertisement