Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

A great concert from The Killers.

But Frank Ocean...why oh why? I was tempted to take out the headphones and listen to Today FM while he was on. No interaction with the crowd. Despite a few hardcore fans the crowd didn't like him earlier and there wasn't even applause when he finished his set.

It was a shame that TDCC didn't play before The Killers.

Brilliant show last night from The Killers. Does anyone know what Ronnie Vannucci said at the end. I missed it, but my sister believes he was sending her his best regards....

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Brilliant show last night from The Killers. Does anyone know what Ronnie Vannucci said at the end. I missed it, but my sister believes he was sending her his best regards....

It was 'an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas'

chocksaway wrote: »
    It was 'an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas'

Ah no. Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A great concert from The Killers.

But Frank Ocean...why oh why? I was tempted to take out the headphones and listen to Today FM while he was on. No interaction with the crowd. Despite a few hardcore fans the crowd didn't like him earlier and there wasn't even applause when he finished his set.

It was a shame that TDCC didn't play before The Killers.

That was a very clever trick from MCD, TDCC were obviously the bigger band so were put on earlier to try and get people inside the venue, rather than risk any shit going down outside

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i honestly think mcd ****ed a few things up tis year frank ocean shoulda supported justim timberlake, he would of suited that crowd than the killers crowd, TDCC were bigger than Frank in the form of the line up that was init last night, but if frank was amongst another line up that was more suited to his style of music he'd be the bigger act, vice versa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

whatever about frank ocean not "fitting" the gig, he was a terrible live performer. no showmanship at all. "how is the food out there?"

was annoyed cause couldn't get my friends out for a BBQ in time to be there for the full two door set, just caught the last 1/3 of it. im sure a lot of people were the same and then had to sit through the full frank ocean set.

thought the killers should have thrown in Bones during the sequence of classics at the end would have gone down well! but it seems to be the only single they dont play live :confused:

Killers Fans - if you want to relive last night, BBC3 at 9.30, The Killers @ T

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Ah no. Really?

Yeah almost certain! We all thought they'd be back on stage after he said that but the crew came out and started clearing up. Was a bit of an anticlimax

chocksaway wrote: »
    Yeah almost certain! We all thought they'd be back on stage after he said that but the crew came out and started clearing up. Was a bit of an anticlimax

I was there as well waiting for them to come back. Poor ol sis, she thought he might be proclaiming his love for her, she'll be very disappointed ;) Roll on next time!

• Advertisement

frank ocean wouldnt appeal to all the mainstream chart topping fans out there that went to the killers which, which was 2/3's of them!!!

he's a member of odd future and has always been that way, if i was playing for a crowd that was showin no love what so ever ,i wouldnt bother my arse tryin to be showman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Really enjoyed The Killers last night. Any idea how many folks were at it? Seemed like a lot of empty space at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

A V A wrote: »
    frank ocean wouldnt appeal to all the mainstream chart topping fans out there that went to the killers which, which was 2/3's of them!!!

he's a member of odd future and has always been that way, if i was playing for a crowd that was showin no love what so ever ,i wouldnt bother my arse tryin to be showman :rolleyes:

so he puts on epic live shows normally?
    i find that hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

he got no love because he did feck all! Any live performer worth pittance should try & interract! Going in i said i'd give him a chance, but i Woulda prefered to have been asleep. His band were pointless, bately played anything.. and his last song.. my god it felt like an hour

Anyone else wish they were at T in the Park right now? Brandon Flowers is wearing the same shirt again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Any live performer worth pittance should try & interract!
    i've seen plenty of great live performers that don't interact with the crowd at all.
    most interaction from bands is cringeworthy and so insincere it's pathetic.

i'm sure The Killers have their "we love playing Ireland, you guys are so great" shtick down to a T at this stage, so there were big cheers from the crowd when they ticked off each bit of "interaction" they've wheeled out at every gig on this tour...

i've seen plenty of great live performers that don't interact with the crowd at all.
    most interaction from bands is cringeworthy and so insincere it's pathetic.

i'm sure The Killers have their "we love playing Ireland, you guys are so great" shtick down to a T at this stage, so there were big cheers from the crowd when they ticked off each bit of "interaction" they've wheeled out at every gig on this tour...

Its a hell of a lor more impressive than what mr. Ocean does on stage.. just seemed uninterested & an easy pay-cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Frank Ocean made absolutely no impression on me. Time for rehydrating and using the facilities inbetween TDCC and The Killers was handy though.

Can hear Mumford and Sons playing now from my house.

Regarding security, I wasn't searched nor the metal detector used. Gutted that could have got the naggin in after all cause the prices in there was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Celtise wrote: »
    Frank Ocean made absolutely no impression on me. Time for rehydrating and using the facilities inbetween TDCC and The Killers was handy though.

Can hear Mumford and Sons playing now from my house.

Regarding security, I wasn't searched nor the metal detector used. Gutted that could have got the naggin in after all cause the prices in there was ridiculous.

Are you a man or a female?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone else spott Buzz?

• Advertisement

srm23 wrote: »
    so he puts on epic live shows normally?
    i find that hard to believe

:rolleyes: nobody puts on an epic show any more!!! unless you love the band ;)

anybody i know that has been to one of his shows said he was brilliant live!! they adore frank ocean !! for people that like him and know more than one song by him will, explain how he puts on a show! but for the type of people that like the killers and haim(haha) wouldnt find him appealing and are automatically put off him because he didn grab their attention at the first song :rolleyes:

he got no love because he did feck all! Any live performer worth pittance should try & interract! Going in i said i'd give him a chance, but i Woulda prefered to have been asleep. His band were pointless, bately played anything.. and his last song.. my god it felt like an hour

:rolleyes: pittance ?? someone that has 2 grammys ?? really ?:rolleyes:

i think frank ocean shouldn't of been anywhere that line up!!! he would been more appreciated at the JT concert

Its a hell of a lor more impressive than what mr. Ocean does on stage.. just seemed uninterested & an easy pay-cheque.

id rather an artist say nothing that the cliche bullsh*t that is spewed out by bands/people that play here!! i suppose thats what the goons and sheep love when they have a few jars on them!!!!

:rolleyes: nobody puts on an epic show any more!!! unless you love the band ;)

wouldnt find him appealing and are automatically put off him because he didn grab their attention at the first song :rolleyes:

firstly, Bruce Springsteen is widely accepted as having a fantastic live show, by fans and non fans alike. so that point is utter-crap.

Secondly, the first song wasn't the worst pit, it was the continuous car background, the severe distain he had for being there, the non-crowd interaction, the mediocre vocals, the not even moving once.

It was all in all an awful performance and just not in-fitting with the day.. even friends of mine who like him and went mainly for him said he was awful..

Also was probably wrecked by the continuous "FRAANK YOU'RE A FOOOKING LEDGEND, FUUCK CHRIS BROWN" being screamed in my ear..

id rather an artist say nothing that the cliche bullsh*t that is spewed out by bands/people that play here!! i suppose thats what the goons and sheep love when they have a few jars on them!!!!

I don't drink. and yes the cliche bull**** gets annoying, but my god, even a smile or a hello, or a walk acrossd the stage woulda been better than that show.

firstly, Bruce Springsteen is widely accepted as having a fantastic live show, by fans and non fans alike. so that point is utter-crap.

Secondly, the first song wasn't the worst pit, it was the continuous car background, the severe distain he had for being there, the non-crowd interaction, the mediocre vocals, the not even moving once.

It was all in all an awful performance and just not in-fitting with the day.. even friends of mine who like him and went mainly for him said he was awful..

Also was probably wrecked by the continuous "FRAANK YOU'RE A FOOOKING LEDGEND, FUUCK CHRIS BROWN" being screamed in my ear..

bruce fcukin springsteen hahahahahahahaha:D

:rolleyes: pittance ?? someone that has 2 grammys ?? really ?:rolleyes:

this was my point, I expected so much more and an actual wanting to be there, from someone held in such high regard/

bruce fcukin springsteen hahahahahahahaha:D

go and see Bruce live, then come back and say that.. :P He runs rings around frank ocean anyway.

go and see Bruce live, then come back and say that.. :P He runs rings around frank ocean anyway.

iv seen that coffin dodger twice ,he's good for people trying to hold on to their youth :D im giggling here

• Advertisement

this was my point, I expected so much more and an actual wanting to be there, from someone held in such high regard/

he's hardly going to get off the stage and give you a ****!!!!!! his music was not relevant to the line up what so ever!!! so it doesnt supriseme that people dont get what he's about :rolleyes: people that know him know what he's like on stage and some people dont get that

Advertisement