Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Jay Z and Justin Timberlake co headline gig?

They are playing a co headlining tour in the States so I think they would be who Jim Carroll is talking about

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

raven136 wrote: »
    They are playing a co headlining tour in the States so I think they would be who Jim Carroll is talking about

And they are also doing a co headline show at the Wireless festival in the UK during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Yeah Jay Z and Justin Timberlake are playing in the Wireless festival in London the same weekend as the gigs

Friday - JT
    Saturday - Jay Z
    Sunday - Two of them together
    Line Up

They might play combined the Thursday with a free day on the Friday like last year. That leaves a dance sort of act for the Saturday.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

JT and jay z are doin a co headliner gig together but i really dont see them playing the park!!! could imagine JT in the 02 but right now JT doesnt compare to the main stream success as mumford and sons does

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

sorry i meant to say jay z could do a night also im thinking the script, the killers daft punk ( i know it wont happen:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Killers
    Frank Ocean
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Haim

July 13th.

tickets on sale next Thursday (28th)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The Killers
    Frank Ocean
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Haim

July 13th.

tickets on sale next Thursday (28th)

I might be tempted depending on price, would love to see Frank Ocean and Haim and i don't dislike TDDC or the Killers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Two Door Cinema Club and The Killers... So little money. :P

Grrrrrr :P too many good gigs this year. :(

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I might be tempted depending on price, would love to see Frank Ocean and Haim and i don't dislike TDDC or the Killers.
    €61 + charges.

a 30min Haim set on a massive stage, and trying to enjoy Frank Ocean in a field of pissed-up Killers fans? I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

kinda strange having frank ocean supporting the killers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€61 + charges.

a 30min Haim set on a massive stage, and trying to enjoy Frank Ocean in a field of pissed-up Killers fans? I'll pass.

I'd be very happy with those two playing a gig themselves somewhere else, what a feckin shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Such an epic lineup this year! I picked a great weekend to come home from my holidays :( Doesn't look like JT or Jay Z will be there that weekend. Seemed to be performing at Wireless the whole weekend so I glad I'm not missing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Still think Jay Z and Justin could play on the Thursday 11th! Its the day before the Wireless so they are knocking about

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Still think Jay Z and Justin could play on the Thursday 11th! Its the day before the Wireless so they are knocking about

Fingers crossed

Somebody said to me that there could be a concert on Monday 15th?! But they just suggested that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

€61 + charges.

Touche. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

**** sake, what a waste of Frank Ocean

Fingers crossed
    you could be right, the licence states a gig on either the 9th (Tues) or 11th (Thurs).
    Mumford and Sons took one date, now The Killers have taken the one on the 13th.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/03/13/back-to-the-park-inside-mcds-licence-application-for-the-phoenix-park-shows/
    For a start, the licence application for the three 40,000 events (the first of the other two concerts will be on either July 9 or 11, with the third show on July 13) comes from Festival Republic on behalf of MCD. This is a change from previous applications which were handled by Diffusion Events.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd be very happy with those two playing a gig themselves somewhere else, what a feckin shame!

HAIM are playing Whelan's on the 25th of May. It's sold-out but you might be able to get a ticket somewhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

€61 + charges.

I've no interest in seeing either The Killers or TDCC. However, I like Frank Ocean and I love HAIM. Will HAIM's set definitely only be around 30 minutes long? And how long do you think Frank's might be? I have tickets to HAIM in Whelan's in May already so it's probably not worth going to Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Don't get your hopes up, all local residents groups surrounding the phoenix park are objecting & they have the backing of local gardai, very strong case after last year....ah well.

• Advertisement

lensman wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up, all local residents groups surrounding the phoenix park are objecting & they have the backing of local gardai, very strong case after last year....ah well.

They wont cancel the gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

€61 + charges.

They'll probably add a couple smaller acts to the line-up also so I reckon it will be more than a 30 mins set. On the sat/sun last year there was at least 6 on the bill IIRC.

But I agree with what everyone is saying, it's a strange concoction of musicians. Sticking Frank Ocean on the bill is a f#ckin piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also what happened last year, didn't hear of any trouble with the gigs?

Hah seriously?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Mr.S wrote: »
    ?????

Licenses for the gig are already approved are they not?

Also what happened last year, didn't hear of any trouble with the gigs?

1..Not yet
    http://navanroadcc.com/the-office-of-public-works-invite-you-to-attend-an-informationconsultation-meeting/
    2.. Just a wee bit of trouble,alcohol & drug induced brawling,drug overdoses,death due to stabbing & 30 arrests & 1 gig alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

I'd love to see Haim and Frank Ocean but it'll be full of TDCC and The Killers fans and say it would have a pretty poor atmosphere.

FrankLamar wrote: »
    I'd love to see Haim and Frank Ocean but it'll be full of TDCC and The Killers fans and say it would have a pretty poor atmosphere.

Of course it would since they are also playing :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I know what you mean man, I hate it when you go to a gig and all the band's fans turn up. Jeez like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I know what you mean man, I hate it when you go to a gig and all the band's fans turn up. Jeez like.

I suppose the other fans get in the way of you trying to make it to the front.

Oh wait that wouldn't happen if you were there first and all the band's fans turned up after you.

Ah music snobbery, if we're lucky we'll hear more of it after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

I mean they'll all be fans of those two not Haim or Frank Ocean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

The Killer's are a great live act, regardless of whether you like their music or not.

Haim are fantastic but they would be no where near as popular as the Killers or TDCC so of course they're going to play a shorter slot.

I think it's a great line-up.

Advertisement