Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

alleystar wrote: »
    The Killer's are a great live act, regardless of whether you like their music or not.
    when I saw The Killers, it was one of the worst live performances I've ever seen from an established act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

when I saw The Killers, it was one of the worst live performances I've ever seen from an established act.

They were much better than I expected at EP last year, saw them in Marlay Park(?) a few years ago and caught bits of them the last time they played Oxegen and they were woeful then alright.

Also just realised it's almost ten years since they were on the new band stage at Oxegen, f*ck that's made me feel old :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I saw them play the RDS back in 2007 when they were touring Sam's Town, even though I was disappointed by that album as a follow up to Hot Fuss, I thought they were a brilliant live act. Brandon Flower's had a few tuning issues alright but the atmosphere they created was incredible. I heard rave reviews when they played this February in the o2 also. That's just my opinion though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

any idea how these events are staffed and by what company?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 manarocket

staffed by MCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats TDCC is that the politicians version of the Crystal Castles.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Any word when the 3rd concert line-up would be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Does anyone know exactly where in the park the concerts will be. The venue from last year is still in flitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly where in the park the concerts will be. The venue from last year is still in flitters.

The planning permission is for same location what's wrong with it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

alleystar wrote: »
    The Killer's are a great live act, regardless of whether you like their music or not.

Haim are fantastic but they would be no where near as popular as the Killers or TDCC so of course they're going to play a shorter slot.

I think it's a great line-up.

A great live act?
    can't have seen many live bands then.. the show itself is mediocre at best.. flowers' singing leaves an awful lot to be desired.. the show itself.. lets just say there's a real risk TDCC could outshine in july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Tearwave wrote: »
    The planning permission is for same location what's wrong with it now?

Amazing, I pass by the site each day and the place is no where near recovered from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bennyl10 wrote: »
    A great live act?
    can't have seen many live bands then.. the show itself is mediocre at best.. flowers' singing leaves an awful lot to be desired.. the show itself.. lets just say there's a real risk TDCC could outshine in july

When did you last see them? They've improved an awful lot as a live act over the past 5 years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When did you last see them? They've improved an awful lot as a live act over the past 5 years.

Agreed seen them on the Sams Town tour and thought they were woeful , but going by videos over the years they have def improved

We saw them recently in the o2, thought they were amazing. They sounded brilliant, and the atmosphere was buzzing. They are the only ones I'm interested in seeing in the Phoenix Park, I'm not even sure if I know any of the other bands....(much to my brother's horror, might I add).

From the Times this morning that tbe residents are challenging the licences for the three gigs..
    Seemingly could lead to cancellation.

From the Times this morning that tbe residents are challenging the licences for the three gigs..
    Seemingly could lead to cancellation.

Aaaghhhhh bennyl10, quit that dirty chat!:eek:

it's my understanding that there are often challenges and objections to gigs in residential areas.

i'm sure if the SHM/Snoop/Tinie Tempah/Original Rudeboys one hadn't ended with some stabbings, most of them wouldn't give a crap about going down to complain.

MCD will point to revised security provisions in the application and everything will probably go on as normal like the other gigs, as long as they don't book a bill full of acts that scumbags love.

Mr.S wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

On what grounds are they challenging it? There was a guy on here before who was a resident but he ignored my questions.

heres the link I read http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/opposition-to-phoenix-park-concert-licence-1.1348666?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

it's my understanding that there are often challenges and objections to gigs in residential areas.

i'm sure if the SHM/Snoop/Tinie Tempah/Original Rudeboys one hadn't ended with some stabbings, most of them wouldn't give a crap about going down to complain.

MCD will point to revised security provisions in the application and everything will probably go on as normal like the other gigs, as long as they don't book a bill full of acts that scumbags love.

the oppostiton seems a lot stronger this time then in other gigs..

Also third gig is scheduled for the 9th/11th of July :)
    http://www.dublincity.ie/Planning/Documents/PhoenixParkPEL.pdf

Green Day are free those dates. As are Muse.
    JT is scheduled in America on the 17th so i doubt he'd be over. and due to frank ocean supporting the killers I doubt JT & Jay z together is viable.

should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Muse could do a show.

They said at their last gig here in the O2 that they'd be back in the summer.

Muse with Special Guests Biffy Clyro?

Muse with Special Guests Biffy Clyro?

Biffy headlining reading would surely demand a headliner?.. wouldn't sell but not many outdoor gigs her do..

Muse with Fall Out Boy maybe?

or green day with fall out boy.. (a man can dream)

Biffy headlining reading would surely demand a headliner?.. wouldn't sell but not many outdoor gigs her do..

Muse with Fall Out Boy maybe?

They are not a festival headliner over here yet though . Id say Muse with Biffy would sell a lot more tickets then Muse and FOB . Or why not put all 3

Muse
    Biffy
    Fall Out Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Muse
    Biffy
    Fall Out Boy

That's more like it. Biffy didn't sell out the O2 with tickets priced at €40 so them headlining phoenix park could end up sparse enough. Would be surprised if Biffy aren't here again this Summer for one of these gigs or Oxegen or something.

Also third gig is scheduled for the 9th/11th of July :)
    http://www.dublincity.ie/Planning/Documents/PhoenixParkPEL.pdf

Green Day are free those dates. As are Muse.
    JT is scheduled in America on the 17th so i doubt he'd be over. and due to frank ocean supporting the killers I doubt JT & Jay z together is viable.

should be interesting.
    Timberlake and Jay-Z are at the Wireless festival in London from 12th-14th.
    given the rumours about JT playing one of the PP gigs since Xmas, and now the fact that he's here on the same weekend as the last gig to be announced, i'd imagine he's the most likely candidate...

Timberlake and Jay-Z are at the Wireless festival in London from 12th-14th.
    given the rumours about JT playing one of the PP gigs since Xmas, and now the fact that he's here on the same weekend as the last gig to be announced, i'd imagine he's the most likely candidate...

Wireless have been saying only european appearance though.

i thought it was their only UK appearance?

• Advertisement

i thought it was their only UK appearance?

was it uk they said? must have misread,
    but most artist count us as UK also..

I wouldn't mind it being JT..
    the word that the residents are displeased with the third act makes me thing a dance act is in the offing..

Advertisement