Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

http://www.wikifestivals.com/blog/justin-and-jay-z-tomorrowworld-oya-summerfest-and-more#.UV2eQZOsiSo
    Guess which festival has managed to bag the UK exclusive performance of Justin Timberlake and the European exclusive of Jay-Z? It’s Wireless festival!
    If JT plays here it's without Jigga

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bennyl10 wrote: »
    was it uk they said? must have misread,
    but most artist count us as UK also..

I wouldn't mind it being JT..
    the word that the residents are displeased with the third act makes me thing a dance act is in the offing..
    i think that was just speculation they might be displeased, as the residents certainly wouldn't be told in advance who's playing.
    you're right though, JT wouldn't seem like something they would be necessarily against, but you'd think MCD would have more sense than to book a dance/pop/rap act that would attract some of the same crowd as SHM did...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Think it'll be JT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

man i couldnt be arsed standing in a field listening to justin timberlake , imo i think he'd suit somewhere like the o2 even tho he could easily sell 2 nights out there

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

What I really want as much as I don't think it'll happen
    Green Day
    Fall Out Boy
    All Time Low
    Jody Has A Hitlist (Hate them so F*cking much but they draw a crowd)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

What I really want as much as I don't think it'll happen
    Green Day
    Fall Out Boy
    All Time Low
    Jody Has A Hitlist (Hate them so F*cking much but they draw a crowd)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

latest news I hear is that 2013 phoenix park gig license likely to be refused, official decision expected in week or 2. strong objections from local councilors, garda & residents to be upheld .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mr.S wrote: »
    Very much doubt it!

Would tie in with reports from the times & the indo also.

Would they move the gigs if licence refused or cancel conpletely?

councilors voting it down, their seat more important to them then a concert in the park, local elections being around the corner & all.

Would be very surprised if the licence is refused!!!

MCD would have expected problems and would have put the appropriate measures in place to ensure the licence gets the go ahead.

If all comes to all, MCD will just throw money at the problem and it will go away. Everyone has a price and everyone objecting will happily take a cheque!!
    are you talking brown envelopes? be careful as the above company is known to be very fond of litigation as Boards.ie will tell you ;) best edit your previous post just in case.

• Advertisement

A M8 of mine works in the park, he said the area where the 2012 gig took place is still in a poor state. the nearby Ashtown castle grounds are surrounded by a sunken ditch which stunk of S**t for months posing questions about human waste from portaloos not being removed off site to be hygienically treated, if there was short cuts taken it only F's it up for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭bren2001

If MCD don't get a license I will eat my shoes. Anyone thinking that MCD don't know what they are doing...well I won't use offensive language. They are going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

lensman wrote: »
    are you talking brown envelopes? be careful as the above company is known to be very fond of litigation as Boards.ie will tell you ;) best edit your previous post just in case.

Not talking about BROWN ENVELOPES at all. Should clarify, that MCD will no doubt donate money to the local community/charities as is often the case.

I'm simply saying that a generous donation which will benefit the local area long term will soften the pain of any short term disruption they may incur.

Also, given the attention last years event got, I would expect a very tight security/clean up operation to be in place this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I didn't think the councillors would have a vote on this - it would be up to the Planning Department of Dublin City Council to make a decision on it.

Maybe I am wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

The ground where last year's concerts were is still in bits.There is no drainage there so any concerts this year will be held on the site where Bloom is going to held.Local residents are going ballistic over these gigs .

maybe they'll just put down plastic sheeting like they do at Croker so....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bren2001 wrote: »
    If MCD don't get a license I will eat my shoes.

Can you please post a picture of the shoes in question, just in case we need to call you up on this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Any news on Justin Timberlake yet to play Phoenix park?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

Does anyone think they will release more tickets for the mumford and sons gig??

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

chris_c wrote: »
    Does anyone think they will release more tickets for the mumford and sons gig??
    Yeah definitely theres always a couple thousand held back till nearer the date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Just moved into Chapelizod a few months ago. Any mention of free tickets for us locals??

Or can any fellow Chapelizodians tell me if any freebees were given out last year? I know they do it for the Marley Park gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Justin Timberlake was announced this morning for the 10th of July. Tickets on sale next Friday (no prices announced at the moment).
    Happy days!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Justin Timberlake was announced this morning for the 10th of July. Tickets on sale next Friday (no prices announced at the moment).
    Happy days!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

bennyl10 wrote: »

Jaysus......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Tried to book a Hotel there, already through the roof, 200+

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tried to book a Hotel there, already through the roof, 200+

There is a lovely hostel called Generater on smithfield . Decent prices and perfect location

• Registered Users Posts: 86,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tickets priced €79.50 inclusive of booking fee are on sale at 9.00am on
    Friday, May 10th

Pretty steep but it is JT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The 10th July is a Wednesday, can we assume there's gonna be gigs on the 11th and 12th as well? I really hope so. Heading to Spain for a few days, back in Ireland the 10th and back in work the 15th. Heading to The Killers and Mumford as is. Could be a lovely couple of weeks, no interest in JT myself though.

the licence was originally for 3 gigs, so there probably won't be any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

the licence was originally for 3 gigs, so there probably won't be any more.

Is this one confirmed?

Just asking since I noticed this post from Avicii (April 21st):
    Hey IRELAND! What do YOU think about the new album songs? I would love to hear YOUR thoughts specifically!

https://soundcloud.com/aviciiofficial/avicii-promotional-mix-2013

Hope to see you soon!

The post seems to throw a slight hint at a future date, people could be just reading into too much though..

Advertisement