Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I might wait on JT now

Justin Timberlake will embark on an international tour in October - his first
    in six years - and will release 10 new songs at the end of September, concert
    promoter Live Nation said on Monday.
    Live Nation has yet to announce the European, Australian and South American
    tour dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

whats the story with phoenix park gigs,
    is there gold circle tickets/a pit at the front?

or does it go by wristbands given out first come first served?
    would pay more to be up front for JT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so no support announced yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Reckon it will sell out fast, if at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

srm23 wrote: »
    whats the story with phoenix park gigs,
    is there gold circle tickets/a pit at the front?

or does it go by wristbands given out first come first served?
    would pay more to be up front for JT

The pit was 1st come 1st served last year for Swedish House Mafia and Florence and the Machine/Snow Patrol gigs so I'm guessing it will be the same this year, If you get there early (i.e be in the queue when the gates are due to open) and you should be fine, There was a security guy/steward just after you get into the main area handing out wrist bands last year. Keep in mind that the walk into the phoenix park is quite long (I think it was about an hour from Heuston train station if I remember right) so leave plenty of time if you really want those wrist bands.. I managed to get into the pit last year and they had a plastic floor which meant I wasn't standing in the muck all day long..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

The gates for JT are only opening at 6pm so i reckon a lot will be the by then. so once you go in and show your tickets they hand them all out until its full or you run up to the barrier?

remember the chaos running into get pit passes in the old point!

how did you find the pit at SWM were you able to come and go ok for toilets/bar? or was it a massive trek?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Going Killers, tips for getting pit passes?

srm23 wrote: »
    The gates for JT are only opening at 6pm so i reckon a lot will be the by then. so once you go in and show your tickets they hand them all out until its full or you run up to the barrier?

remember the chaos running into get pit passes in the old point!

how did you find the pit at SWM were you able to come and go ok for toilets/bar? or was it a massive trek?

They were handing them out right after you got in (i.e once you're past the security check and ticket scan) at the above events, but that's not to say it's gonna be the same set up for this year. :)

I found it okay, We had a game plan to get as close as we could through out the night and we weren't drinking alcohol since I was driving, this worked out pretty well since we ended up at the front row for the end of both events..

The bathroom walk wasn't bad at all(3 min?) but if you did want a beer you would be taking a longer stroll (I recon it was about 4-6 mins) it can also be a pain in the arse trying to reclaim your position in the crowd, if you're trying to get up front people generally wont budge to let you through regardless of if you've been there before or not. However with that said, there's nothing stopping you chilling near the rear of the pit where the crowd isn't so compact, you'd be able to zip and out no issue for a drink and still have a great view of JT. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

So when can you queue from? I'm going to the Killers, want to know when I can start queueing, and where to actually go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Anyone know who is if any are supporting Justin Timberlake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

So when can you queue from? I'm going to the Killers, want to know when I can start queueing, and where to actually go?

Not sure if its on the same site as when the chilis played years back, but i came from the connygham road end, had to leg it up, and sit in the pit , without a band, then walk out to collect them.

On the other hand, another group of mates went to the Castleknock gate, got in no bother and were the first ones in the pit.......

In saying that, im not sure if its the same location as when i went so take this with a pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I really need to get 2 Mumford & Sons tickets... anyone know if they'll be putting more on sale before hand? I know they did last yr with Florence and Snow Patrol but no sign of any extra this yr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

ciaramc wrote: »
    Anyone know who is if any are supporting Justin Timberlake?
    Jessie J and James Arthur
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a484226/james-arthur-jessie-j-to-support-justin-timberlake.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cant wait, so excited. Awesome lineup - Triple J! Going to be a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Could someone explain to me why Ticketmaster has stopped selling tickets for the JT concert and it will put them back on sale next week? Just out of curiosity, I already have my ticket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me why Ticketmaster has stopped selling tickets for the JT concert and it will put them back on sale next week? Just out of curiosity, I already have my ticket anyway.

Really wanted tickets, will have to wait now I suppose! Kinda strange though

Irish Aris wrote: »

Thats strange. Maybe its because MCD wanted to re-launch it with the support acts added now. Heard it wasnt selling as well as it should be which is a shame as JT is so worth going to see and is one of the best performers of this century. Roll on his tour next year too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

I'm a big fan of both JT and Jessie J but I just can't justify ( no pun intended) spending €85 on a ticket, particularly as I would want to bring a friend so that's a fair whack. Possibly a lot of ppl feel the same

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

rock whore wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of both JT and Jessie J but I just can't justify ( no pun intended) spending €85 on a ticket, particularly as I would want to bring a friend so that's a fair whack. Possibly a lot of ppl feel the same

I feel the same way, cant see how they can quote this price for a ticket to a gig in open air with such a large crowd capacity, €50 would have been acceptable, I know he is popular and has been around for years but still..............

• Advertisement

rock whore wrote: »

I'd guess it has something to do with JT himself and his personal fees considering that the price for the Killers/Mumford & Sons gigs in the Phoenix Park are €61.50 +booking fee vs Justin €79.50 +booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Where exactly in the park are the concerts held?
    Is it where bloom is at?
    And where can I find out what gates are open to pedestrians going to the concerts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Anyone know if The Killers is sold out? I tried checking on Ticketmaster but "routine maintenance" is going on at the mo.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Anyone know if The Killers is sold out? I tried checking on Ticketmaster but "routine maintenance" is going on at the mo.

I checked a few days ago and it wasn't sold out at the time.

*edit* - Yup still on sale! :D

whirlpool wrote: »

Ticketmaster normally do routine maintenance after 12am for a few hours or less, so you cant buy tickets at that time. Just checked there, you can still get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Bit out there with this question but I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea about what time the Killers gig would end?

It says that it starts @ 5pm, and 4 acts will play. What would be a normal finishing time roughly? around 10pm?

Trying to work out some sort of travel arrangements.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Santi101 wrote: »
    Bit out there with this question but I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea about what time the Killers gig would end?

It says that it starts @ 5pm, and 4 acts will play. What would be a normal finishing time roughly? around 10pm?

Trying to work out some sort of travel arrangements.

Cheers.

will be over approx half 10. That tends to be standard time in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Thanks for that.....................:)

Anyone know will there be a Golden circle pit at the front for Justin Timberlake?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

ciaramc wrote: »
    Anyone know will there be a Golden circle pit at the front for Justin Timberlake?
    Thanks.

Check out my previous post here: Link

That's how the pit was handled last year for the Phoenix Park, I'd imagine it's gonna be the same this year unless they sold a "golden circle" type ticket through Ticketmaster/Justin fan club website..

Advertisement