Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any word if any more acts will be added to the Killers line-up??

Kinda hoping for at least one more addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

lc180 wrote: »
    Any word if any more acts will be added to the Killers line-up??

Kinda hoping for at least one more addition.

Not expecting any more additions. Gates are currently advertised as being 5pm.

So you can expect something like: (just a guess remember)

5.15 HAIM (probably get a 30-35 minute set)
    6.00 Frank Ocean (probably get a 45-50 minute set)
    7.15 Two Door Cinema Club (Should get 60-70 minute set)
    9.00 The Killers

Last year both The Stone Roses & Snow Patrol came on stage at 9.15pm while SHM came on just after 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

How do I find out what gates to the park are open for access to these concerts. I'm coming from west dublin and the Chapelizod or Knockmaroon gates are nearest to me. But I don't want to get there and find them closed - I'll walking to the park from home.
    Can't find any info on MCD website.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Not expecting any more additions. Gates are currently advertised as being 5pm.

So you can expect something like: (just a guess remember)

5.15 HAIM (probably get a 30-35 minute set)
    6.00 Frank Ocean (probably get a 45-50 minute set)
    7.15 Two Door Cinema Club (Should get 60-70 minute set)
    9.00 The Killers

Last year both The Stone Roses & Snow Patrol came on stage at 9.15pm while SHM came on just after 8pm.

I think Frank Ocean is being billed above TDCC, so that order might be switched around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

omicron wrote: »
    I think Frank Ocean is being billed above TDCC, so that order might be switched around.

yup Frank Ocean is main support somehow..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yup Frank Ocean is main support somehow..

Yea would have thought TDCC would be main support

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

I'm very happy that Frank is getting more time, I much prefer his stuff over the others.

I'm very happy that Frank is getting more time, I much prefer his stuff over the others.

At a killers gig though..
    Frank Ocean just doesn't.. well fit.

At a killers gig though..
    Frank Ocean just doesn't.. well fit.

Agreed. Most of the crowd won't be very familiar with Frank Ocean's material whereas the majority would have a decent knowledge of TDCC. It might kill the atmosphere a little bit.

I was at the Stone Roses in London a few weeks ago. Miles Kane and Johnny Marr were the first two acts and had the park really going. Then PIL came on and killed it stone dead.

Crowd had to work themselves back up for the Stone Roses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Garob

Hi just wondering if anyone knows whether ticketmaster as re-releasing any tickets for the Mumford and Sons gig? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

Agreed. Most of the crowd won't be very familiar with Frank Ocean's material whereas the majority would have a decent knowledge of TDCC. It might kill the atmosphere a little bit.

I was at the Stone Roses in London a few weeks ago. Miles Kane and Johnny Marr were the first two acts and had the park really going. Then PIL came on and killed it stone dead.

Crowd had to work themselves back up for the Stone Roses!!

I'm only going only mainly for Frank and I doubt I'm the only one

FrankLamar wrote: »
    I'm only going only mainly for Frank and I doubt I'm the only one

You paid €60 for a half hour set?..

You paid €60 for a half hour set?..

Yes it's Frank Ocean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yes it's Frank Ocean

This, right here, the most ridiculous post on boards this week.

Yes it's Frank Ocean

Please be joking.. please god let you be a troll..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

I'm not going to lie, I had no idea who Frank Ocean was when I bought my ticket, as I've been a huge fan of the Killers for years, but since I started listening to his music, it's not clear which I'm looking forward to more, him or the Killers. He's not playing any other Irish dates, so I'd say quite a few fans have bought tickets with him in mind. I'm certainly looking forward to his set and I really hope it's longer than 30 minutes.

I do like The Killers and Haim but mainly for Frank Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Each to our own, Just because I buy a Oxygen ticket doesn't mean I'm there for any of the headline acts, I remeber being at Example this year in the O2 and there was this guy going crazy when Benga came on the stage, he kept screaming "This is all I'm here for!! Benga! Benga!".. It totally confused me since I had never heard of him prior to the Example gig. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maria199221

Hi, everyone. I'm going to Justin Timberlake on July 10 and just had some questions if it's ok. I don't know where I'm supposed to go to queue because I've never been to Phoenix Park and I think there are multiple gates? Also does anyone know if disabled people have a different queue like at the 02? I'm staying at the Regency hotel so would leaving at 5pm give us enough time to be there at 6pm? I was thinking that there could be loads of traffic. Sorry to bother you all with stupid questions. I'm just a bit anxious. Oh and is the wheelchair area any good? I can't seem to find out anything online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

SV wrote: »
    This, right here, the most ridiculous post on boards this week.

Explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Hey guys.

Heading to see Mumford (well, Ben Howard really) on the 14th, Sunday. Will be coming from Galway and we need to head back down afterwards as OH has to go to work Monday morning.

So we're not sure what way to go about it, should we drive or take a bus? We have absolutely no clue how to get around Dublin, let alone know where to go in Phoenix Park, so I would assume bus? Are there parking arrangements set up? What time roughly would it be finished at?

Any other obvious tips or info would be great too thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Cocolola wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Heading to see Mumford (well, Ben Howard really) on the 14th, Sunday. Will be coming from Galway and we need to head back down afterwards as OH has to go to work Monday morning.

So we're not sure what way to go about it, should we drive or take a bus? We have absolutely no clue how to get around Dublin, let alone know where to go in Phoenix Park, so I would assume bus? Are there parking arrangements set up?

Any other obvious tips or info would be great too thanks.

If you can get your mits on a sat-nav then you can negotiate Dublin no problem with the car. Get it to point you a multistory carpark within walking distance of Phoenix Park and you are sorted. Sorry that's all I got! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Anyone know the stage times for Justin Timberlake? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Might be a weird question, but is it normally muddy, will people be wearing wellies :P (for mumford and sons)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Flunch wrote: »
    Anyone know the stage times for Justin Timberlake? :)

half 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

whirlpool wrote: »
    Explain?

The belief that because 'it's Frank Ocean' that it'd be worth €60 for a half hour set.
    Ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I can't go to the Killers gig anymore because of an event clashing with it but was really looking forward to it, should be a great gig. Only trouble now is trying to sell a ticket for a gig that isn't sold out. Ugh.

Two-Door are brilliant live.

I quite like Frank Ocean too but I was surprised to see him on this lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

SV wrote: »
    The belief that because 'it's Frank Ocean' that it'd be worth €60 for a half hour set.
    Ridiculous statement.

You're not explaining it very well, value is a very subjective thing.

€60 could be a drop in the ocean for the poster, the poster could be Frank Ocean's Forrest Gump taking his chance on Frank's one visit to Ireland to declare his requited love for Frank etc. etc.

I considered paying for a ticket for mainly for Haim and Frank Ocean but it just wasn't good 'value' in my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I can't go to the Killers gig anymore because of an event clashing with it but was really looking forward to it, should be a great gig. Only trouble now is trying to sell a ticket for a gig that isn't sold out. Ugh.

You could still try and sell them at less than face value.

Advertisement