Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I can't go to the Killers gig anymore because of an event clashing with it but was really looking forward to it, should be a great gig. Only trouble now is trying to sell a ticket for a gig that isn't sold out. Ugh.

Two-Door are brilliant live.

I quite like Frank Ocean too but I was surprised to see him on this lineup.

Try here. Although the tickets don't seem to be selling, even at €45 each.
    http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17368&sid=29d35c44cb47042ecf587f7dbecb26e7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Try here. Although the tickets don't seem to be selling, even at €45 each.
    http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17368&sid=29d35c44cb47042ecf587f7dbecb26e7
    Thanks, I always seem to forget about toutless for some reason.

Seems to be all pairs, hopefully someone just needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

A V A wrote: »
    half 10

Any idea what time Jessie J, James Aurthur will start??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

mutley18 wrote: »
    If you can get your mits on a sat-nav then you can negotiate Dublin no problem with the car. Get it to point you a multistory carpark within walking distance of Phoenix Park and you are sorted. Sorry that's all I got! :P

I don't think there are any multi-stories within walking distance? I live near the park and I can't think of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Caliden wrote: »
    I don't think there are any multi-stories within walking distance? I live near the park and I can't think of any.

I parked here when I went last year, It's a multistory secure parking facility (gates close after you enter) located just behind the Top petrol station, It was about an hours walk then into the Phoenix Park itself, if you plan on doing this and the weather is good I'd advise on bringing a bottle of water for the walk.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Flunch wrote: »
    Any idea what time Jessie J, James Aurthur will start??

half 11

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maria199221

half 10
    half 11

I'm a bit confused. I thought this was Justin's concert so surely he would be on stage for about 2 hours, not just one. And wouldn't his support acts be on before him and also why would the gates open at 6pm if we have to wait 4 and a half hours for him to be on stage.
    Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'm a bit confused. I thought this was Justin's concert so surely he would be on stage for about 2 hours, not just one. And wouldn't his support acts be on before him and also why would the gates open at 6pm if we have to wait 4 and a half hours for him to be on stage.
    Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

Think you were being trolled.
    Gates are 6, james arthur on about half 6, jessie j at half 7, JT at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maria199221

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Think you were being trolled.
    Gates are 6, james arthur on about half 6, jessie j at half 7, JT at 9

Thanks. I feel so stupid now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Looks like the weather could be good for these, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Has anyone else STILL not received their Justin Timberlake tickets?

whirlpool wrote: »
    Has anyone else STILL not received their Justin Timberlake tickets?

The last gig I attended the tickets didn't arrive until the day before, You can phone ticketmaster if they've not been received within 48 hours of the event and I believe they organize it so you can collect them from the box office at that point (I could be wrong though)..

On another note you can check to see if your tickets have been dispatched yet by:
    • Loging onto Ticketmaster using the account you made your ticket purchase on.
    • Then click "My Ticketmaster" which is on the top right of the page.
    • You should see your JT tickets listed there somewhere, click on "Order Details"
      You should be able to view the Order status here, For example my MGMT ticket status is "Your tickets have not yet been dispatched."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

DC10555 wrote: »
    The last gig I attended the tickets didn't arrive until the day before, You can phone ticketmaster if they've not been received within 48 hours of the event and I believe they organize it so you can collect them from the box office at that point (I could be wrong though)..

On another note you can check to see if your tickets have been dispatched yet by:
    • Loging onto Ticketmaster using the account you made your ticket purchase on.
    • Then click "My Ticketmaster" which is on the top right of the page.
    • You should see your JT tickets listed there somewhere, click on "Order Details"
      You should be able to view the Order status here, For example my MGMT ticket status is "Your tickets have not yet been dispatched."

Cool. Thanks! It says not yet processed or something like that. Also, my billing address (and therefore my shipping address with Ticketmaster) is the other side of the country, so hopefully I can just collect them from the box office.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Cool. Thanks! It says not yet processed or something like that. Also, my billing address (and therefore my shipping address with Ticketmaster) is the other side of the country, so hopefully I can just collect them from the box office.

Woops some slight mix up with my information, I just noticed this on their site:

"If your tickets have not arrived five days before the show or, if you are travelling, five days before you leave, please contact us. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is under."

It's 5 days not 48 hours.. Although I could have sworn she told me 48 hours when I phoned up about my previous tickets. You might want to phone just in case..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Plenty work being done on the Phoenix Park site today. Site seems to have moved slightly from last year. Was at all the gigs last year and don't remember that tree being an issue!!

Also, there is an extra ring of chain link security fencing running around the site, roughly 150-200 feet outside of the main 10 foot green perimeter fencing. Obviously to prevent "perimeter breaches" this year.

Also looks like the two check points have been pushed futher apart than last year. The first checkpoint (tickets) and 200 feet further on, tenting for what I'm guessing will be a security check. Looks very similar to the set up at the David Guetta Marlay Park gig to me.

Also got talking to a few site security guards, they pointed out the event security centre which they said would be a "whole new ball game" this year and had staff already on site along with the Licence Compliance officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Lads im on crutches so will they let me into the moshpit area with them and will they take them off me for the gig or what? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Does anyone know which entrance is best to get to the stage area is? I'm coming from Lucan so was going to meet friends at Heuston Station & then go in the gate nearest there.

I've checked mcd.ie but there's no map with the information so any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

if anyone was at kasabian last year after the shm gigs, id say thats a good indication what the security / anti drinking is gonna be like. my mates working two of the gigs and he said its "over the top"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

df1985 wrote: »
    he said its "over the top"

Ah sure what ever it takes I suppose.

id rather it be over the top than no sh*ts given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Alright, so I have literally no idea how to get to the site, or where to get from. I'm going to be queueing for a really long time on Friday for the Killers, where would be best to go? I'll be getting the bus to Dublin, so I'd appreciate any help!

Alright, so I have literally no idea how to get to the site, or where to get from. I'm going to be queueing for a really long time on Friday for the Killers, where would be best to go? I'll be getting the bus to Dublin, so I'd appreciate any help!
    Why que on friday?
    Only 20k approx sold. Show up 10/11 saturday & youll be grand to get to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Why que on friday?
    Only 20k approx sold. Show up 10/11 saturday & youll be grand to get to the front.

Source on 20k figure?

Source on 20k figure?

Read it during the week, will get link when on laptop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Will the guards mind people having a few cans in the park before heading in would ye say?

Will the guards mind people having a few cans in the park before heading in would ye say?

course they will , some people are muppets when it comes to things like that, some people cant pick up after them selfs, probably one of the main reasons why they would have a problem with it!!if people kept to them selfs and picked up after them selfs i think they wouldnt give 2 sh*ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

How long does it take to walk from Heuston Station to the gig?

Dont know Dublin too well and need to manage my time!

Santi101 wrote: »
    How long does it take to walk from Heuston Station to the gig?

Dont know Dublin too well and need to manage my time!

It took me about 45 - 60 mins last year if I recall correctly, but I believe they moved the site this year based on previous posts. Depends on your pace of walk obviously.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

DC10555 wrote: »
    It took me about 45 - 60 mins last year if I recall correctly, but I believe they moved the site this year based on previous posts. Depends on your pace of walk obviously.. :D

Is this confirmed that it has slightly moved?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Is this confirmed that it has slightly moved?

Drove past this evening. The stage is closer to the visitor's center than last year but the entrance on Chesterfield Avenue seems to be fairly near to where it was last year.

Advertisement