Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login Issue - Login Failed - Too many failed logins

Options
  • 12-11-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey Folks,

I was trying to login under my normal username - DaveNoCheese, when I was told my password was incorrect. So I carefully re-entered my password but got the same error. I tried again and got the password failure error message (see below)

Login_Error.jpg

I then clicked on the 'forgotten password' link and entered a new password but upon returning to the site to try the new password, I got the same error.

I asked the OH to try her account (Sar_Bear) and the same thing happened to her.

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I got no idea on this one, any suggestion I'd have is either patronisingly simple or discounted by the new accounts ability to work. Time for the devs to see if they can see what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Spear wrote: »
    I got no idea on this one, any suggestion I'd have is either patronisingly simple or discounted by the new accounts ability to work. Time for the devs to see if they can see what's happening.

It's OK, it resolved itself... really don't know what happened there O_o

Thanks anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Too many failed login attempts will result in your IP address being sinbinned for 10 minutes. I'm guessing that you weren't alone on your IP address and were on a mobile/shared connection and somebody else triggered the block.

We're looking in to ways to improve the logic behind this security feature

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Too many failed login attempts will result in your IP address being sinbinned for 10 minutes. I'm guessing that you weren't alone on your IP address and were on a mobile/shared connection and somebody else triggered the block.

We're looking in to ways to improve the logic behind this security feature

Danny

Yea there's two of us using the one connection, as well as both our phones and my tablet (both of which are always logged into boards).

Thanks Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement