Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Way Point Tables and Stats

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Murderously tight in the AFC North!

Best division by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So is the NFC East.

They're all throwing their seasons because they're afraid of RG3.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lukebray wrote: »
    Can 3 teams from one division go into the play offs? I.e. Raoul and the me and Matthew the 2 wildcards?

Yep, definitly possible

Ravens, Steelers and Bengals made the playoffs last year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_NFL_playoffs

I'm fairly sure the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys did it a few years before that

Edit: I think you already know this and were asking a Madden question

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lukebray wrote: »
    Yeah raoul you have the advantage me and I have the advantage over Matthew because he lost to both of us. Can 3 teams from one division go into the play offs? I.e. Raoul and the me and Matthew the 2 wildcards?

Why doesn't the game realise that? Or will it change one the week is advanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ravens should be ahead of the Steelers due to divisional WLT%. We will hava a H2H result this week.

Steelers would then get a wildcard spot ahead of the Titans based on the H2H record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

This weeks games doesn't affect the standings until the league is advanced lads. It will show the change in stats but won't change your actual position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I checked the website after the update, it fixed my division but still has the Saints in 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Usually Madden doesn't sort out tie breakers until the play offs are actually here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What Ben says, if we advanced to the play offs now, the saints would jump ahead, maddens GSOH!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

What Ben says, if we advanced to the play offs now, the saints would jump ahead, maddens GSOH!

They better!! Didn't it happen one year that they tie breaker was simply decided by alphabetical order or something ridiculous?

Or maybe I just imagined that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul wrote: »

They better!! Didn't it happen one year that they tie breaker was simply decided by alphabetical order or something ridiculous?

Or maybe I just imagined that.

You imagined it ;) It was are first season of madden ad we were nth on 9-7 . Winner took it all ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

You imagined it ;) It was are first season of madden ad we were nth on 9-7 . Winner took it all ..

No. I remember that game well unfortunately.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd wait until the gameweek is advanced and see how it looks on the xbox.

Madden has in the past had issues with tie breaking scenarios often defaulting to alphabetical order.

These issues have (apparently) been sorted with madden 12 but I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Getting close to the squeaky bum time for the playoffs so I thought I'd throw up the divisions of who's pushing for them and some stats cause we all love stats.Maybe one division a day

First up the AFC South
    5gUj2J.jpg

6ZMXiY.jpg Currently holding a 9-0 record and the top seed in the AFC the Jacksonville Jaguars are hoping for the perfect 16-0 season.
    The O:
    With MJD(rushing for 1,158 yards,2nd best HB yards)in tow they currently boost the best rushing yards in the league and with Tim Tebow currently rocking the best QB rating in the league(133.4:eek:) and Hakeem Nicks(tied in the league for most receiving TD's) catching balls for fun it sees them sitting 3rd in the overall passing yards.
    The D:
    Not to be outdone by the offense the defense currently ranks 2nd in the defense charts in total yards allowed,they're currently the no.1 passing defense with a measly 1019 yards given up,they've also managed to haul in 37 interceptions(the most in the league:eek:) with CB Derek Cox bringing in 8 of them so throw the ball at this defense at your peril.Jeremy Mincey too continues his reign of terror with 15 sacks so far.
    The Run In(CPU=3):
    But despite all this the Jags will have a tough run in to keep their 16-0 alive,along with important divisional games versus the Titans and Colts,who'll both be pushing for playoff spots,they'll also be facing the Jets and the Lions who have only lost one game between them who I'm sure would love to break the streak.
    Those games may be the ones that show if the Jags are truly superbowl contenders or just pretenders to the throne...

8fyjd9.png With a 6-3 record the Tennessee Titans currently occupy one of the playoff spots in the AFC but its a slim lead with a whole host of teams nipping at their heels.
    The O:
    Offensively the Titans are ranked 6th in the league,as expected Chris Johnson has been a major part of their offense rushing for 841 yards(the 3rd best HB yards) also Darrius Heyward-Bay has fitted in seamlessly into their passing offense,he currently has a receiving avg per reception of 37.5 which is almost 10 yards more than the next best receiver.Although 1 concern for the Titans may be the inconsistency of QB Jake Locker who has currently throw more ints than TD's,something that will need to be addressed should they make the playoffs.
    The D:
    The Titans D has been good ranking 11th in the league,while their interception ranking is good(9th with 22) this is not the area they excel in,with a whooping 34 sacks they rank 4th in sack ranking so if you're thinking about standing in the pocket against these guys maybe think again.
    The standout player on D is Kamerion Wimbley with 11 sacks(5th highest in the league).
    The Run In(CPU=2):
    Ain't no doubt about it,if the Titans want to make the playoffs then they'll have to do it the hard way.With games coming versus the Pack,Jets,Jags,Colts and Lions they're may not be harder run in the league.

5KNQUy.pngOne of the busiest teams in free agency this season the Indianapolis Colts are currently 4-5 and sit 2 games off the playoff spots but will have every chance of making it in the coming weeks.
    The O:
    As expected when Andrew Luck is your QB its all about the passing game with the Colts having racked up 2289 yards through the air which is the 8th highest in the league and with Coby Fleener recieving you can see why.Fleeners has broke 1000 yards this season and has the best receiving avg per reception of any TE in the league with 24.2(yes better than the Gronk and Gresham).
    With the acquisition of Steven Jackson many pundits thought the Colts might revert to more a run based offenese,this has not been the case.Although they rank 22nd in run offense this is more down to the style of play from the Colts as Jackson ranks 15th in carries attempts,he has still chipped in with 6TD's though.
    The D:
    The Colts currently rank 18th in defense in the league,the loss of Dwight Freeney has definately affected the Colts here.Also a concern to the Colts GM maybe the lack of pressure they seem to getting on the opposing QB.With only 13 sacks in the league its one of the lower sack counts in the league.A shing light within the Colts D though is Robert Mathis with 5 sacks,10 tackles for a loss and a fumble recovery so if you see this guy coming you best to run the other way.
    The Run In(CPU=3):
    Many pundits will look at the Colts schedule and reckon they have a chance,coming off a win versus the high flying Bengals they'll face stern tests versus the Dolphins and the Patriots followed by a tough trip to Jacksonville,if they're still in with a shout at that stage it may all come down to a winner takes all clash in week 16 versus the Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Terrific Post Perrin, actually had me believing that i could make the playoffs........until i stopped reading it :D

P.S Ive tried to run more with Jackson, but my O Line cant make a gap for him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ill be very annoyed if I don't make the play offs, however it's going to be pretty tough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Currently holding a 9-0 record and the top seed in the AFC the Jacksonville Jaguars are hoping for the perfect 16-0 season.
    The O:
    With MJD(rushing for 1,158 yards,2nd best HB yards)in tow they currently boost the best rushing yards in the league and with Tim Tebow currently rocking the best QB rating in the league(133.4:eek:) and Hakeem Nicks(tied in the league for most receiving TD's) catching balls for fun it sees them sitting 3rd in the overall passing yards.
    The D:
    Not to be outdone by the offense the defense currently ranks 2nd in the defense charts in total yards allowed,they're currently the no.1 passing defense with a measly 1019 yards given up,they've also managed to haul in 37 interceptions(the most in the league:eek:) with CB Derek Cox bringing in 8 of them so throw the ball at this defense at your peril.Jeremy Mincey too continues his reign of terror with 15 sacks so far.

tumblr_m9lwxxgQfU1rcciplo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

5q3ehe.jpg

6k3Vi7.jpg Many pundits wondered with the returning GM could he emulate the feats of the season 1 New Yorks Jets and sitting at 9-0 he certainly seems they're on course to do so.
    The O:
    Offensively the Jets are ranked 3rd overall.Rushing they rank 3rd with snaps being shared pretty evenly between all 3 HB's.With Mark Sanchez at QB he currently holds the second best QB rating in the league at 132.7 which has helped the Jets to 6th in the passing charts.
    The D:
    The Jets are currently the 4th meanest D in the league and with Darrelle Revis in the backfield they rank 3rd in pass defence.Coming as no surprise Revis is also their top ballhawker picking off QB's 5 times.Also a mention for ROLB Calvin Pace who has picked up 7 sacks along the way.
    The Run In(CPU=1):
    The Jets will have one of the busiest's run-ins in the coming weeks having to face the Seahawks,Titans,Jaguars,Patriots,Rams and Dolphins all with their own playoff aspirations themselves.

7sDKbE.jpgThe New England Patriots have found it tough without Tom Brady but at 5-4 they're 1 game off the playoff spots with everything to play for.
    The O:
    Its no doubt the loss of Tom Brady has hit the Patriots hard this season but in Rob Gronkowski they quite possibly have the most dangerous TE in the league.The Gronk has already racked well over 1000 yards and an amazing 16 TD's,thats the 2nd highest TD total in the league and the highest amount of TD's among TE's.Matt Cassell replaced Brady in the off season,whilst not of the same calibre as Brady he has passed for 22 TD's which is the 7th highest among QB's.
    With the Patriots attack going so well the run offense has suffered as a consequence,Steven Ridley has only rushed 103 times which has 22nd among HB's for rush attemphs.
    The D:
    The Patriots currently rank 13th on D,two big components of the that defense has been the play of RE Mike Devito and CB Devin McCourty.
    Devito has managed to get to the QB a total of 8 times while McCourty has 6 picks to his name(5th highest in the league).
    The Run In(CPU=1):
    The Patriots will a tough run in to make the playoffs,along with divisional games versus the Dolphins and the Jets they'll also have tough assignments versus the Colts,49ers and Cardinals all of whom will have their own playoff hopes.

7YFdjC.jpgAt 2-7 the Miami Dolphins appear to be out of the playoff race this season but they'll want a good end to the season and could have a big say on who makes the playoffs from the AFC.
    The O:
    Although the Dolphins have a losing record they rank 7th overall in yards gained.The mainstay of this offense has been Reggie Bush picking up 1 TD rushing and 5 TD's through the air(the 2nd highest among HB's)
    The D:
    While the defense may have let the Dolphins down this season 2 players have stood out in RE Cameron Wake and FS Chris Clemons.Wake has 7 sakes to his name while Clemons has 5 intercepts and has amassed 51 tackles.
    The Run In(CPU=1):
    Things don't get any easier for the Dolphins in their remaining games,they'll have to face off against the Seahawks,Jets and Rams and twice against the Patriots.Most eyes will be focused on the 2 matchups versus the Patriots as playoff hopefuls will be hoping the Dolphins will play party poopers there.

Advertisement