Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get fed up of wearing a uniform and having to wear it properly?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

stetyrrell wrote: »
    How are other schools on facial hair? Boys schools of course ;) I've a beard for the month of November and a few others have a bit of dodgy growth and it's allowed, but I know some schools send lads home to shave if they have any.
    My school doesn't really mind unless you have a proper beard hanging off your face. Not much people are doing Movember in my school, I was gonna do it but I forgot and shaved like 10 days into November :rolleyes:. It's a boy's school too
    Student's Council members in my school get to wear hoodies with the school crest on them instead of jumpers, which also means you get away with wearing a tie because they can't tell if you wear one or not. I've a pair of those all black vans too which I find mad comfy, I can't stand leather shoes and hate wearing them to work.

That's an outrage! They shouldn't be allowed to wear hoodies just cos they're in the student council!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    My school doesn't really mind unless you have a proper beard hanging off your face. Not much people are doing Movember in my school, I was gonna do it but I forgot and shaved like 10 days into November :rolleyes:. It's a boy's school too

That's an outrage! They shouldn't be allowed to wear hoodies just cos they're in the student council!

Ah but we're special. In all fairness, we give up almost all of our lunch breaks running activities for students, we also do a lot of stuff after school too, and it's all voluntary. It's really the only priviledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Look at the bright side, you never have to worry about what to wear!
    Good thing private schools don't have uniforms, gosh I hated it back when I was in regular school
    Where did you get the impression private schools don't have uniforms?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah but we're special. In all fairness, we give up almost all of our lunch breaks running activities for students, we also do a lot of stuff after school too, and it's all voluntary. It's really the only priviledge.

Oh in my school they just skip boring classes for 'meetings' and tell you to sell Christmas cards for them or else they'll "bate ya" :p I'd shoot the bastards if they said they deserve to wear hoodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Well, to be honest in 6th year the uniform is not my main concern :d . There's only one teacher who is obsessed with taking peoples hoodies or telling them to take off their earings or change shoes. To be honest most of the sixth years wear normal shoes(even though they're supposed to be black/brown) and just wear some normal hoodies/jackets over their uniform. Not even first years wear ties ^^ .

• Advertisement
Advertisement