Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Clearance & Foundations

Options
  • 12-11-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all

I am wondering about general costs for site clearance and foundation costs for a 2800 sq ft 1 1/2 story house in Burt, Donegal.

Any info into general costs would be much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wclarke20

Approx 20-25k from a quote i got last year.
    this included the sewage treatment tanks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fealeranger

I got mine done for €3500.
    Moving ditch back 3m from main road.
    Clear site and put topsoil and yellow mud in different pile
    Level 2inch down around the foundation area and drive way
    Dig out foundations
    Pour foundations
    mark and Dig out and refill septic tank and percolation area.
    Level lawn
    Level Blinding for the Radon barrier
    Pour the floors.
    The digger driver was very good and no messing or breakdowns. This also include a dumper for 2 days.
    I was also quoted €10,000 for all this ground works.
    This was in South West Ireland area. Maybe things are more expensive in your area. The Prices I have quoted are labour only, no material. The house is 3500sqft and site is 0.75 acre.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wclarke20

Mine included breaking an entrance, Stripping site, digging foundations, pouring foundations, all the dead building and filling and the biocycle unit. The biocycle unit alone was about 7000euro as far as i remember.
    Obviously this included materials and labour.

Advertisement