Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please

Options
  • 12-11-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Unfortunaly i have (through no fault of my own) a broken stock on my Anshutz 1515-1516 .22 wmr. Does anyone know where one could find a new stock or at least a custom stock for the above gun.. Im kind of stuck so any info appreciated...

Cheers

Bummer
    54598_4911095703642_1023210426_o.jpg]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Ahem, you might like to exercise a little censorship on your image storage site.

Just sayin'.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

tac foley wrote: »
    Ahem, you might like to exercise a little censorship on your image storage site.

Just sayin'.

tac

Done eek whilst uploading i picked the adult section thanks for the pointer...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Try Boyd's gunstocks. I'm lookin at one myself. A few lads here have Boyd's stocks and from what I remember ther seem happy with them.
    Regards BE

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

There are three people that I know of who make stocks in Ireland. In no particular order:

In all three cases I've seen their work in the flesh and was impressed. If you can't find an off-the-shelf replacement then you should definitely speak to one or all of them.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads the stock is down with Pat Sludds to work his magic.. Getting it fixed for the time being as I don't have to Money for a new stock at the moment said its was a clean break so will be as good as new. Thanks for the replies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Maybe worthwhile keeping an eye out for scrappers. A lot of guns are getting destroyed these days and stocks are not required to be destroyed, it could be worth your while doing a ringaround.

Hi lads,
    Just to let those that posted I got the stock back from Pat Sludds this evening. Found it hard to see where it was broken! He couldn't have done a better job. Thanks for all the suggestions...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Any chance of a picture?

Must be good to get her back in one piece.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    Any chance of a picture?

Must be good to get her back in one piece.

No problem,
    P1030987.jpg

P1030992.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Very nice job looks very well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Jaysus, if you didn't know the man's reputation you'd swear he secretly swapped it...

Advertisement