Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You`re the bastard in the black....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I thought it was "the wanker" who wore the black.

I got 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

It doesn't tell you what ones you got wrong. That's useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I got a 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with 9!!!! guessed a few but not sure if I got them right or wrong..... they really should tell you your wrong ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Got 5 from 12, League One ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pity you cannot see which ones you got wrong though at end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Any that you are certain you are right.

With phases of play and all that crap,i thought the forward was onside - going by the law. ( Though in my mind he should actually be offside )

If you know what i mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Jaysis, only 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I got 3! League 2 ref. I actually thought I got most of them right! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The end has been chosen, but the away team has ended with just nine players on the pitch following two players being dismissed during extra time. With regards to the penalty shootout, should you:

Offer your two assistant referees to the team with nine players to make them back up to 11

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i got 3, i thought i'd got 9 or 10!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I got 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

5. I have no idea what I got right and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Pity you cannot see which ones you got wrong though at end.

Could well be to stop people from seeing the answers and taking the test again for a perfect score!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

6/12, not very useful without an explanation though

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

6, your man was offside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Luap wrote: »
    6, your man was offside?

Yeh I thought so too.

I got 4. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can't believe I got 1! My jimmies are rustled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got 9

Admittedly I only got the "How many sendings off until the game is abandoned?" question right because I often test that theory in FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Got 8. Would like to know what I got wrong though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I got 9

Admittedly I only got the "How many sendings off until the game is abandoned?" question right because I often test that theory in FIFA.

Got 9, and knew that question for the same reason too

No idea which ones were wrong but pretty sure I got the flag signal ones right. Most were educated guesses though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Reported op for awful language.

Only messing, wahey. 4/12, league 2 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I got Howard Webb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

4/12

I should apply to be in charge of the next match between Chelsea and Manchester United :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Feeling better now after seeing the scores in this topic

I got 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

4 I got as well,League Two here I come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

4 here too...pretty poor.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

6 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

got 8 but unsure which ones i didnt get right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

markie29 wrote: »
    got 8 but unsure which ones i didnt get right.

I'd say it was the other four :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

6 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Got 7 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I got six. I'd like to find out what I got wrong.

Also, which team do you support. It only had English teams. Didn't know what to do. Went with Tranmere Rovers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I got Howard Webb

For the "one player spits on another player question" you answered "Penalty for Manchester United"?

Got 11.

My answers:
    1. Offside as the attacker has gained an advantage by standing in an offside position
    2. A coin toss takes place on the centre circle to determine the end
    3. Ask the team with 11 players to nominate two players who will not take part in the penalty shootout
    4. The referee, assistant referees and players
    5. Dismiss the player, allowing him to be replaced by a substitute in the starting line-up
    6. None of the above
    7. Substitution
    8. Dismiss the offending player and award a penalty kick as the incident took place in the penalty area
    9. Award a corner kick
    10. Offside in the centre of the pitch
    11. Head the ball
    12. 6 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ANSWERS BELOW

1. A shot is taken by an attacker. The ball is saved by the goalkeeper and rebounds to another attacking player who was standing in an offside position at the time the ball was struck. Is the attacking player:

a. Offside as the attacker has gained an advantage by standing in an offside position
    b. Onside as the goalkeeper was the last player to touch the ball
    c. Offside at the moment the initial shot was taken as there were not two defending players between the attacker and the goal
    d. None of the above

2. A cup match has ended 2-2 after extra time and the tie has gone to penalties. Which of the following criteria is first used to determine which end of the pitch is used for the penalty shootout?

a. A coin toss takes place on the center circle to determine the end
    b. The referee chooses the end
    c. A coin toss takes place before extra time to determine the end
    d. The home team chooses the end

3. The end has been chosen, but the away team has ended with just nine players on the pitch following two players being dismissed during extra time. With regards to the penalty shootout, should you:

a. Ask the team with 11 players to nominate two players who will not take part in the penalty shootout
    b. Ask the team with 9 players to nominate two players to take penalties twice, should they need to
    c. Ask the team with 9 players to nominate two substitutes to take penalties
    d. Offer your two assistant referees to the team with 9 players to make them back up to 11

4. During a penalty shootout, which of the following are allowed on the field of play?

a. The referee and assistant referees
    b. The referee, assistant referees and players
    c. The referee, assistant referees, players and one club official from each team
    d. The referee, assistant referees, players, one club official from each team and the club mascot

5. Prior to the big local derby kicking off, one of the home team's players is caught using foul and abusive language to an opponent in the tunnel. Should you:

a. Dismiss the player, with the home team lining up with ten men
    b. Dismiss the player, allowing him to be replaced by a substitute in the starting lineup
    c. Dismiss the player, allowing him to be replaced by a substitute and a new substitute being named on the bench

6. From which of the following breaks in play can a player be ruled offside?

a. Directly from a throw-in
    b. Directly from a corner kick
    c. Directly from a goal kick
    d. None of the above

7. What does this assistant referee signal mean? (picture of the signal shown on the website test)

a. Throw-in
    b. Offside
    c. Substitution
    d. Off the ball incident

8. The away team has a corner kick; the ball is delivered and cleared up field. As a defending player and attacking player run away from the goal line, the defending player spits at the attacking player. The incident is noticed by your assistant referee. Do you:

a. Dismiss the offending player and award a penalty kick as the incident took place in the penalty area
    b. Dismiss the offending player and award a drop ball where the play was stopped
    c. Award a yellow card to both players and award a drop ball where the play was stopped
    d. Award a yellow card to the offending player and award a drop ball where the play was stopped

9. It's an extremely windy day. A direct free kick is awarded to the defending team on the edge of their own six yard box following a foul by the attacker. The goalkeeper takes the direct free kick and the ball is blown back into his own goal, do you:

a. Award the goal
    b. Award a corner kick
    c. Retake the free kick
    d. Reverse the decision, giving the opposition team an attacking indirect free kick from the same place

10. What does this assistant referee signal mean? (picture of signal shown on webpage of test)

a. Offside on the near side of the pitch
    b. Offside in the center of the pitch
    c. Offside on the far side of the pitch
    d. Offside anywhere on the pitch

11. You award a penalty in the second half of a match. The attacking player funs up to take the penalty kick - which of the following can the taker not do?

a. Pass the ball to a team mate
    b. Head the ball
    c. Shoot directly into the goal
    d. Play the ball off the post or crossbar for a team mate to score

12. During a mass brawl on the pitch, you show several players from the same team red cards. At what point is the game abandoned? When one team has:

a. 9 players
    b. 8 players
    c. 7 players
    d. 6 players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Got question 2 wrong so.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Why is it a corner if the ball blows back in? Surely the ball is in play after the free is taken?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got 1,3,4,5,7,12 right. Started off so well:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liam O wrote: »
    Why is it a corner if the ball blows back in? Surely the ball is in play after the free is taken?

This is one of the ones that got me as well. I know that if you score from a throw in then a goal kick is awarded but surely a direct free kick sees the ball go back in normal play :confused:

Other one I missed was number 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

8/12

Made a balls up of a couple that now seem perfectly reasonable that I know the answer.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This is one of the ones that got me as well. I know that if you score from a throw in then a goal kick is awarded but surely a direct free kick sees the ball go back in normal play :confused:.

It's a specific stipulation of Law 13 that if you kick the ball into your own goal from a free kick of either kind without the ball touching anyone else, then a corner kick is awarded. In the event of a pass back that misses or something. If the goalie scuffs it, it counts as an OG on the keeper.

I think Peter Shilton very nearly got his finger tips to an indirect free kick once. Interesting to see if you can catch the keeper out in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I got a poor 6/12, but dont feel so bad now as it seems as though most people got a similar score. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy enough with it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

GavRedKing wrote: »

Happy enough with it TBH.

Same score I got. 7 out of 12 calls is probably higher than your average EPL ref gets right anyway :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement