Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foals - The Academy, 28th February

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

http://nialler9.com/foals-playing-dublin-february/
    While the new Foals song above was too reminscent of Jane’s Addiction/Rage Against The Machine for me on initial listens to get behind, I played it while DJing last week and there’s an undeniable funkiness to that rhythm which is top bloody notch. ANYHOW.

The band have announced a UK and Ireland tour for February in support of the new album that single comes from: Holy Fire. The relevant Irish date so far is Thursday February 28th in The Academy and the rest of the UK dates are below. Tickets on sale Friday at 9am. The band are on Later with Jools Holland Tuesday / Friday.

Tour dates
    Thurs 28th Feb – Dublin, The Academy
    Sat March 2nd – Manchester, HMV Ritz
    Mon March 4th – Liverpool, O2 Academy
    Tues March 5th – Glasgow, ABC
    Weds March 6th – Birmingham, HMV Institute
    Fri March 8th – Norwich, UEA
    Sat March 9th – Leeds, Leeds Met Uni
    Mon March 11th – Bristol, 02 Academy
    Tues March 12th – Nottingham, Rock City
    Weds March 13th – Portsmouth, Pyramid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I was literally just thinking yesterday that I should punch them into google cause they must have new stuff out soon :) It sounds pretty cool. Last time they were here in the Olympia was great so I'll definitely be trying to hit this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Brilliant! The one band I was hoping would play here, 'Inhaler' is gonna sound a monster live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

all gone :(

This is a gig that should br moved to the olympia.

yeah, the Olympia was pretty full last time from what i remember, they'll definitely sell out The Academy. maybe they'll do 2 nights, but it would surely make more sense to have it in the Olympia. presume it must be already booked for that night and a few before, or else they've just underestimated demand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Seems to be sold out already!

Can't believe I missed out on getting some! :(

I was stabbing refresh on my browser at 10:00 and got some, then a friend asked me to get her one at 10:08 and they were gone! The Academy is going to be heaving!

I was stabbing refresh on my browser at 10:00 and got some, then a friend asked me to get her one at 10:08 and they were gone! The Academy is going to be heaving!

They've added a 2nd date for the Friday, just got mine :D

Oh nice one! I'd actually prefer to go on a Friday but I don't think my credit card could cope with more ticket purchases!

• Advertisement

damnit, would have waited and got Friday tickets if i knew it was going to be added!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Corholio wrote: »
    They've added a 2nd date for the Friday, just got mine :D
    Thanks for the update. Just got mine, and Friday suits much better anyway.

looks like Friday sold out now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Just aswell I didn't get a ticket have an exam the next day and didn't want to have to miss it :p Enjoy everybody it's be awesome.

Foals Djing in Twisted Pepper after the gig on Thurs:
    http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3504/

The Invisible are the support on both nights in The Academy

Completely forgot I got tickets for the 2nd concert and not the first. Might not be able to go now as I planned something else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rivercool

Just got into Foals recently, should be a good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I thought tickets had sold out.. still on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 perfect_circle

Just wondering does anyone know stage times for Foals this Thurs/Fri? Or the opening band? Can't find it anywhere online..
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Just wondering does anyone know stage times for Foals this Thurs/Fri? Or the opening band? Can't find it anywhere online..
    Thanks!

Pretty sure The Invisible are supporting, not sure about stage times though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Corholio wrote: »
    Completely forgot I got tickets for the 2nd concert and not the first. Might not be able to go now as I planned something else :(
    a few folk over on toutless looking to swap Thursday tickets for Friday if you still cant make Friday gig.
    It looks like there is no club in the academy on Thursday so headliners on at 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Did anyone go to the gig tonight? I'm so excited for tomorrow:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Heading along tonight.
    Has anyone got last nights setlist? it's not up on setlist.fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Last night's gig was great. Really tempted to go again tonight, seems silly not to. I really like the new album, inhaler and my number sounded so good last night. What a band!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Naessens

Anyone know what time foa;s kicked off last night? Doors at seven seems quite early.....

Naessens wrote: »
    Anyone know what time foa;s kicked off last night? Doors at seven seems quite early.....

Around quarter past nine last night. Not sure if there is a club in academy tonight and gigs kick off earlier due to that though..

Enjoy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

iv seen foals a few times now and i have to say that last night was quite boring , even tho they did play a mix of all 3 albums still thought it could have been better,if it wasnt for the crowd i dont think i would have enjoyed myself,

A V A wrote: »
    iv seen foals a few times now and i have to say that last night was quite boring , even tho they did play a mix of all 3 albums still thought it could have been better,if it wasnt for the crowd i dont think i would have enjoyed myself,

Yeah? I've always been interested in what people mean when they say a gig was boring. Like if you are interested in the bands music and they play their music, how is it boring?

Were the supporting band any good?

• Advertisement

Cannot believe what just happened. Turned away at the door because I had no proper ID. They wouldnt take College ID. Didnt bring any proper onebecause I was planning on not drinking. Absolutely gutted.

Advertisement