Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foals - The Academy, 28th February

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

symbolic wrote: »
    Yeah? I've always been interested in what people mean when they say a gig was boring. Like if you are interested in the bands music and they play their music, how is it boring?

iv seen them a fair few times now and they've seemed to calm down alot both live and studio!! i think their live sound has changed aswell!!not saying they were terrible though!! if it wasnt for the crowd last night i wouldnt of said i had a good time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Chavways wrote: »
    Cannot believe what just happened. Turned away at the door because I had no proper ID. They wouldnt take College ID. Didnt bring any proper onebecause I was planning on not drinking. Absolutely gutted.

That sucks. But in fairness far from unbelievable, they make it clear what ID they require. The Academy are notoriously strict as well. I've heard so many stories of people being turned away, must suck to be a bouncer there... Unlucky mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A V A wrote: »
    iv seen them a fair few times now and they've seemed to calm down alot both live and studio!! i think their live sound has changed aswell!!not saying they were terrible though!! if it wasnt for the crowd last night i wouldnt of said i had a good time
    i believe they were out at the NME awards on Wednesday night, so very tender when they made it to Dublin on Thursday :pac:

tonight was good enough, preferred the Olympia gig, but they were fairly solid. good mix of the albums and Yannis seemed in good form.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i believe they were out at the NME awards on Wednesday night, so very tender when they made it to Dublin on Thursday :pac:

tonight was good enough, preferred the Olympia gig, but they were fairly solid. good mix of the albums and Yannis seemed in good form.

I preferred the Academy gig tbh. I think they've grown up alot as a band, much more tight sound and they really know how to play the songs so much better now. Much better as a group imo. The set list also shows you the quality of song they have when you see what they can afford to leave of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Chavways wrote: »
    Were the supporting band any good?

I only caught the last 3 songs but was impressed by them.
    Kinda funk based electronic if that makes sense.
    Their last tune was different tho, and reminded me of some earlier M83 stuff.

Foals were really good, and much sharper and tight than i had expected.
    I hadn't seen them since 2008. They're full of funky energy!

• Advertisement

i think for me nothing will live up to their ambassador gig or even their button factory gig, the raw energy they gave was nothing compared to what they give now, its too calm for me :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

A V A wrote: »
    i think for me nothing will live up to their ambassador gig or even their button factory gig, the raw energy they gave was nothing compared to what they give now, its too calm for me :P

I think they've improved everytime i've seen them. They were kids with instruments in their earlier gigs. Give me this grown up version where they can play the songs to the best of their abilities any day.

ah its just personal preference with me , just what i preferred

Advertisement