Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 week 10 results

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Denver Broncos travelled to face the Carolina Panthers, and here's how it went:

Quarter 1:
    Carolina receives and punts. Denver punts and watches Joe Adams run it back 65 yards for a TD. Denver 0-7 Carolina.

Quarter 2:
    After Cam Newton fumbled at the Denver 5 the Panthers got the ball back, but Cam threw an interception and Jacob Tamme caught a 14 yard TD pass. Denver 7-7 Carolina.

This angered Cam, who raged down the field and threw a 15 yard TD pass to Steve Smith. Denver 7-14 Carolina.

Quarter 3:
    After some more fooling around, Cam Newton threw a pick 6 to Carter. Denver 14-14 Carolina.

Within 40 seconds Cam Newton hit back with a 41 yard TD pass to Greg Olsen. Denver 14-21 Carolina.

Quarter 4:
    Peyton Manning seemed to get the Broncos first real drive going, getting to the 11, but he threw an interception to Chris Gamble.

Jonathan Stewart spent around 5 minutes running it down to the Denver 26, and DeAngelo Williams sealed the deal with a TD run. Denver 14-28 Carolina.

The Broncos punted, and Jonathan Stewart took it down to the 6, and the clock ran out soon after.

Final score Denver 14-28 Carolina.

Stats:
    Peyton Manning 11 of 27 for 105 yards a TD and an interception. Cam Newton 14 of 24 for 235 yards, 2 TDs and 3 interceptions.

Jonathan Stewart had 19 rushes for 140 yards, while DeAngelo Williams had one rush for 26 yards and a TD. Willis McGahee had 16 rushes for 58 yards.

On defense Jon Beason had the Panthers only sack, Chris Gamble their only INT, Jon Beason their only FF, and James Anderson with a fumble recovery.

For the Broncos Justin Bannan and Von Miller had a sack each, Harris, Carter and Bailey had a pick each, Carter returning his for a TD, while Justin Bannan and DJ Williams had a forced fumble each, and Joe Mays had a recovery.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

GG Matt,when you returned that 1st punt for the TD I started thinking maybe it wasn't gonna be my day and I was pretty much ****ting myself for every punt thereafter.Then when I forced 2 fumbles,1 went out of play,the other you recovered I definately knew it wasn't gonna be my day.
    I only coverted 1 third down for the game,your defence sewn me up on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Saints beat the Falcons 31-21. Too tired to do a proper review about it. Plus don't want to give too many details away to the scouts.

Big win for the Saints. Sees them go top of the division and have already beaten their two main divisional rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    Plus don't want to give too many details away to the scouts.

My O-Line is sh*t, your run D is about the same. There you go scouts

Lukebray wrote: »
    My O-Line is sh*t, your run D is about the same. There you go scouts

Your o-line was only crap in the last two drives for some reason.

See my run D wasn't great today because you have such good WR threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cracking NFC East contest as the Dallas travels to Philadelphia

First drive and Cowboys forced to punt
    **Glitch Alert**
    Eagles returner calls for a fair catch as two Cowboys race towards him (arm waived, commentator called it and everything), so the would-be tacklers leave him alone.
    He then proceeds to run the ball, and gain 15/20 yards (Not notyalc666's fault, he was apologetic afterwards, nothing that could be done really, f**king Madden)

Anyway back to the game, couple of plays later Celek catches a 30yd TD pass from Vick.
    Cowboys get the ball back and drive up the field, couple of passes but mostly Murray running until he wears himself out. In step Felix Jones to spell him and he scores a 19yd TD run.
    7-7

Philly fins it easy passing on the 'Boys and Vick finds D-Jax free and clear for a 58yd TD pass.
    Cowboys come right back, and on 2nd & long after a sack, Romo thorws a bomb to streaking Bryant, DB mis-times jumps and Dez runs free for a 70yd TD.
    14-14
    Eagles come right back, mixing run and pass well, Dallas D helpless as they march to the 3yd line. Stuffed on first two runs, Dallas D sells out for another run and Vick finds Celek easily for 3yd TD pass.
    Cowboys desperately try to comeback up the field, and as they approach field goal range get into a 3rd & very long. Romo dumps off short pass to get a manageable FG, Bailey converts as time expires.
    PHI 21-17 DAL

Couple of plays into second half and Shady McCoy breaks off a 76yd TD run as safeties take terrible angle on him he runs free, seconds after Brandon Carr drops an easy pick.
    Cowboys have to settle for FG on next drive after picking up a 4th & 1 along the way, and it's looking like it could be Philly's day as the offense is in full flow.
    28-20
    Cowboys coming back up the field, and Murray catches a screen pass, evades a couple of defenders and sprints away to the corner for a 44yd TD.
    Murray converts the 2-pointer to level it.
    28-28
    Eagles coming back, until MLB Sean Lee intercepts a Vick pass. Cowboys mix run and pass into the red zone forcing Eagles to use their timeouts. Gets down to a 3rd & 1 at the 3yd line with the clock stopped at 1:19 and Murray converts it by an inch. Eagles out of timeouts, Cowboys kneel it out to leave Bailey with chipshot FG to win it as time expires.
    DAL 31-28 PHI

Cracking game with very little defense, good chatting during it.

Romo's first zero INT game of the season!
    Jackson is a nightmare to cover, no-one can keep up with him, and McCoy is ridiculously elusive.

Looking forward to the re-match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Bills 13 - Patriots 14

I am (almost) speechless :(

Still flippin speechless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What happened?

First time I've had a lead in a game. 10-0 after 3 quarters. Time is wittling away. 10-7. Manage to get 13-7 ahead with a field goal.

Stopping pass after pass and then I went in too early and got called for pass interference. late TD then followed :( Defended SO well. Just gutted. WP dave... btw :D

Game was so almost over with a 4th and 29 or something a few plays before and Patriots gain 30 on the play to stay alive. Aghhhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Unlucky man! You did well to shut down the passing game as long as that.

• Advertisement

sigh. Did I mention the speechless part ? The gutted feeling? The emptiness ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

I actually feel bad for winning that one :o:(

Award for the most undeserved victory of the season goes to the Pats against the Bills

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|0|0|0|14|14
    Bills|7|3|0|3|13

Pats with 5 turnovers, 2 for 8 on 3rd downs.
    Brady had a rating of 29.3, 8/26 for 177 yards; 1 TD and 5 interceptions.
    Pats recievers were dropping balls left right and centre. Slater with two drops, one of which could have been a TD. Brady also got sacked 5 times. Nothing was working on the offence.
    Then we got to 6 minutes left in the fourth. Things are starting to happen, Gronk got a dump off 5 yards behind the LOS on 3rd down, breaks a tackle, breaks another, jukes another and gets tackled over the 1st down marker. Brady to A.Reciever downfield, D.Efender with the huge truck stick tackle, shame the ball was about 20 yards away. Pass interference sets the pats up on the 18 yard line. Some running and bumping and bashing and the FB takes it in from the 1. 13-7 Bills.
    Buffalo drive down the field but are held to a 43 yard FG with 1:51 left on the clock. Kickoff is squibbed to who else but Mr Gronk who gets a handful of yards. Patriots drive down the field and it takes just 54 seconds for Brady to throw the ball on the run 18 yards to Edelman.
    Kick after is good.
    14-13 Pats
    I'm ecstatic, it's great I'm going to win. :):D
    56 seconds left on the clock. Bills receive the kick. Moving nicely down the field. It was when they got to their own ~45 yard line it suddenly dawned on me, they were only down by 1, they only need to get into FG range. My face went from :D to :eek: Then they throw a pick. The defender dives on the ground lest he fumble the ball and my face goes back to :)
    Pats kneel out the clock.

Really unlucky Brian. Manually covered Gronk and just about shut him out of the game making me look at other receivers and forcing passes.

WP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs overcame the Steelers 33-7. Nothing and I mean nothing went right for etloveslsd in this one. The Chiefs defence were awesome until near the end when a Pitt put together an excellent TD drive.

Hard luck Darren. Enjoy your holidays !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jaxton Narrow Appliance

texans 21 - 0 bears

carbon copy of last week got 21 points in the first quarter then it was run the clock out and knee it out once i got inside there 20 hope to got i dont have a cpu game again next week bores the crap outa me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Colts 14-30 Jaguars.

Jesus. This was a close one.

I had an awful game, mainly because Big Daddy Cool's tenacious run D forced me into making some diabolical decisions.

Colts receive and on 3rd down throw a pick at the 20 yard line, I'm thinking, lovely start. Forced to kick a FG but still, 3 free points. The Colts then hit back with their TE Fleener on a streak, this one really P'd me off as I knew the ball was going to him, I usered by linebacker across him, went for the pick... Right through him, and fleener was in for the TD.

Fleener killed me. Had over 130 yards receiving.

I get the ball back and can't get a yard with MJD. On 3rd down I throw one of those passes you know is a pick before you throw it, but you throw it anyway. I am punished for it and trailing 14-3.

I finally get a decent drive going, and connect with MJD on a 41 yard pass, which sets up a passing TD to Mike Thomas with about 2 mins left. 14-10 Colts.

Big Daddy Cool decides to try and get a score in before half as I am getting the ball from kick off, and throws a pick, which I run down a bit of clock and am forced to settle for a FG. 14-13 Colts.

Then with about 20 seconds left, again the Colts throw a pick, this was the turning point in the game imo, as I grabbed the INT and went out of bounds with 6 seconds left, I kicked a FG to take the lead. 14-16 Jags at half time.

The 3rd quarter was scoreless I think, I can't recall exactly but I think Luck and Tebow had an INT battle.

Coming into the 4th, I finally managed to get MJD rumbling. He took a big chunk of time off the clock and went over for a TD to take a 14-23 lead. Big Daddy Cool was moving the ball well, and found himself in my red zone. But he tried to get it to Fleener one too many times and I jumped the route with Russell Allen to grab a vital pick on the 1 yard line. This relaxed me and I just had to run the game out. I eventually punted with I think 120 left, and on the final play Luck threw a freak pick 6, my sub CB Middleton grabbed the pick, and I tried to stay alive to run the clock out, and in doing so, opened a huge gap to run it in for a TD.

MJD had 107 yards, and he was lucky to get them.
    7 turnovers for the Colts was what cost them the game.
    Both of us lost our MLB's for the season through injury.

Mental game, delighted to get away with a scrappy win and not have to play Big Daddy Cool again, he's a good player. If he had been in from the start the AFC South would be even more of an absolute war zone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Mental game, delighted to get away with a scrappy win and not have to play Big Daddy Cool again, he's a good player. If he had been in from the start the AFC South would be even more of an absolute war zone.

Big time, next year is the AFC South is going to be a real battle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Really enjoyed tonights game, Lost me head at times during the game, going for stupid plays especially the 2 passes to wayne before half time, they were just crazy, although have to get the wide players more involved, relying a bit much on Fleener.

On 3rd down I throw one of those passes you know is a pick before you throw it, but you throw it anyway.

Story of my season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners beat the Rams in a tight battle. Gore dropped to the bench after two runs he was minus 4yrds and two fumbles. Cost me 14 points. Moss got two tds the second being a speechless catch which looked like he swung his right hand behind his back to catch it whilst not breaking stride. A fourth qtr comeback won it but the niners D was outstanding the offence conceded almost all the points. Looking forward to what will be three seasons of big battles with the ex Goldenboys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

texans 21 - 0 bears

carbon copy of last week got 21 points in the first quarter then it was run the clock out and knee it out once i got inside there 20 hope to got i dont have a cpu game again next week bores the crap outa me

question on this lads, does conceding points negatively affect player ratings? I mean if you drive 99 yards and don't score does it make much diff to a players ratings?

On 3rd down I throw one of those passes you know is a pick before you throw it, but you throw it anyway.

I hate these throws. Just as soon as you press the button you are like :eek::confused::eek: and then :o when that pick you knew you were throwing is made.

Madden!! :mad:

gufc21 wrote: »
    question on this lads, does conceding points negatively affect player ratings? I mean if you drive 99 yards and don't score does it make much diff to a players ratings?

Madden doesn't make sense with the players streaks and ratings half the time. I had an almost perfect game with Drew Brees (144.5 passer rating), look at the stats and he is on a cold streak. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Madden doesn't make sense with the players streaks and ratings half the time. I had an almost perfect game with Drew Brees (144.5 passer rating), look at the stats and he is on a cold streak. :confused:

I meant if you were to run up score against CPU. Don't see the point of driving to the red zone and taking a knee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hot/cold streaks baffle me tbh, awful players on hot streaks great players getting TDs or ints having a cold streak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yeah Moss scored two touchdowns, ended on a cold streak. Others with no catches just blank. Entire defence on a hot streak though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hot streak/cold streak is a massive joke. All it takes is one bad game for a player to go from hot streak to cold streak. And the difference is huge. Cam Newton went from threading the needle perfectly against Chicago to throwing a pick 6 to a receiver that looked open against Denver, all because Josh Wilson made 2 nice plays in the 4th quarter at Washington.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Hot streak/cold streak is a massive joke. All it takes is one bad game for a player to go from hot streak to cold streak. And the difference is huge. Cam Newton went from threading the needle perfectly against Chicago to throwing a pick 6 to a receiver that looked open against Denver, all because Josh Wilson made 2 nice plays in the 4th quarter at Washington.

Is the difference actually huge or is that all in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Is the difference actually huge or is that all in your head?

I think the difference is huge. He was making ridiculous throws in Chicago, and even some in Washington, but was useless against Denver unless they were wide open. I've noticed defenders work in similar ways.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    I think the difference is huge. He was making ridiculous throws in Chicago, and even some in Washington, but was useless against Denver unless they were wide open. I've noticed defenders work in similar ways.

Ah no it was just amazing Denver defense :D

Advertisement