Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Skating Dun Laoghaire?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Does anyone know where the ice rink will be in Dun Laoghaire this Christmas? There is some sort of building work going on were it was last year

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Possibly on the East Pier or Sandycove green.....if it happens at all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No ice rink in DL this year due to the building of the county library and cultural centre but apparently there will be a mini ski slope down in the harbour surrounded by all the hot chocolate and crepe stands

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Syman

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No ice rink in DL this year due to the building of the county library and cultural centre but apparently there will be a mini ski slope down in the harbour surrounded by all the hot chocolate and crepe stands

A library?? There was me thinking the council had no money. Thats a pity, the ice rink was great craic they should of having it somewhere else, I would personaly prefer to see a permanent rink going in there instead of a library and im sure im not the only one thinking the same, I doubt ill be visiting the library.

Ski slope? sounds interesting have to have a look at that

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Syman wrote: »
    A library?? There was me thinking the council had no money. Thats a pity, the ice rink was great craic they should of having it somewhere else, I would personaly prefer to see a permanent rink going in there instead of a library and im sure im not the only one thinking the same, I doubt ill be visiting the library.

Libraries are hugely important services for many people. Check out this article about Library Week to get an idea of the essential services they provide. DLR are a crap council in many ways, but they do provide decent libraries, and they also provide excellent physical outdoor events, to get folks up off the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RainyDay wrote: »
    Libraries are hugely important services for many people. Check out this article about Library Week to get an idea of the essential services they provide. DLR are a crap council in many ways, but they do provide decent libraries, and they also provide excellent physical outdoor events, to get folks up off the couch.

Lol, indeed, however Chambers Ireland just awarded them County Council of the Year 2012! makes you wonder how crap other Council's are!

I know a lad working on that new Library and Culture Centre, its bringing a few other sites they have all under one roof so they can sell off the other locations. Pity for the taxpayer they didn't do it in 2006.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Syman wrote: »

Ski slope? sounds interesting have to have a look at that

Thanks

To be fair I'd say you'd be in a minority there. Libraries are muh mroe popular than ice rinks with most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Syman

Has anyone been to the festival yet? I assume their is defo no ice rink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

RainyDay wrote: »

+1.

Having lived in DLR all my life I think generally they make an effort, especially during the summer months. There is always something going on and its invariably free.
    Sure they dont get a lot of things right but credit where credit is due..

Advertisement