Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for the IEC from Auz?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this, would it be straightforward?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Are you planning on coming straight from Oz?

If so make sure you get your police clearance from Oz before you leave the country as they require fingerprints as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Are you planning on coming straight from Oz?

If so make sure you get your police clearance from Oz before you leave the country as they require fingerprints as far as I know.

No I'm going to go home for a bit first. I think it's just a standard police cert from Auz that I will need! Can anyone that applied last year confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

You will need a standard police cert from Aus, they are fairly straight forward to get. Depending on what state you were staying in you will also need a traffic history report. (It is just required for Queensland and Victoria)

My OH needed one last year, to state that he did not have a driving licence while in Melbourne. It was tricky to organise and took about a month to come through so definitely get that sorted before you come home.

Here is the link
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

They have not announced the requirements for 2013 yet and you might not need this. But it is less hassle to get it while you are there just in case. I can't see them changing that requirement.

We are in the process of getting another one for this 2013 application as you need to submit originals each time. Better safe than sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

emec wrote: »
    You will need a standard police cert from Aus, they are fairly straight forward to get. Depending on what state you were staying in you will also need a traffic history report. (It is just required for Queensland and Victoria)

My OH needed one last year, to state that he did not have a driving licence while in Melbourne. It was tricky to organise and took about a month to come through so definitely get that sorted before you come home.

Here is the link
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

They have not announced the requirements for 2013 yet and you might not need this. But it is less hassle to get it while you are there just in case. I can't see them changing that requirement.

We are in the process of getting another one for this 2013 application as you need to submit originals each time. Better safe than sorry!

Never heard of anyone else needing the traffic history report. I lived in vic,qld and nsw while here. Going home Wednesday so won't have time to do this anyway. Cheers

Yeah it was the first we had heard of it as well. Totally threw us submitting our application because we had to wait a month to get it. It says it is required in the link I posted
    IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
    Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
    Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state.

You can do it from home, we did it from Ireland last year, was just more awkward contacting Vic Roads with the time difference. Think phoning worked, never got a reply to emails/faxes.

You might get away without it but we didn't want to take the risk of the application being sent back to us last year because we applied very late and got some of the last few visas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Im looking to apply from Oz too! Do we need to do a medical or is that not applicable? Is there much else required other than filling out the form, gathering police certs & a traffic history report? Guess I could look into getting police certs and traffic history record to get the ball rolling.

Been in Oz 2 years now and could do with a change for a bit. Chuffed that they've ditched the habitual residency rule! :)

You only need a medical if you are doing certain jobs, like teaching. There is more details on the website! You still have to fill out the medical form they have on the website and send it to them.

Advertisement