Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC capable of gaming for a reasonable price??

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

there are games for the mac? :eek:
    Sure is; you just go install Windows on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

After reading this thread, i seriously have to save €800 to become a member of the Glorious PC Master race again.

PC gaming?! Bah, didn't you heard - it's dead and on its last legs. Don't bother!

*puts down the phone. Turns on PC. Turns on ventrilo and says hello to all his friends. Puts Netflix on left monitor with breaking bad season 5 episode 8, starts EVE online and drags it to right monitor, sets his ship on usual asteroid belt, sets drones off and starts his mining operation. Then finally turns Diablo 3 and puts it on the middle screen.
    Fixes his Monacle and tops up glass with Brendy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

+1 for HWVS, got my pc there over 2 years ago

My 460 and i5 is still going strong, money well spent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

PC gaming?! Bah, didn't you heard - it's dead and on its last legs. Don't bother!

*puts down the phone. Turns on PC. Turns on ventrilo and says hello to all his friends. Puts Netflix on left monitor with breaking bad season 5 episode 8, starts EVE online and drags it to right monitor, sets his ship on usual asteroid belt, sets drones off and starts his mining operation. Then finally turns Diablo 3 and puts it on the middle screen.
    Fixes his Monacle and tops up glass with Brendy.

Carebear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Surely it was completely dead for so many years. No one even knew you could use computers for more then just pron.

I hear the revival is due to people needing something to do between the fapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Calhoun wrote: »
    I hear the revival is due to people needing something to do between the fapping.

fapping is one of the bonuses with pc gaming! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

mac :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

If you want a real cheap PC that can game i did for next to nothing :D

Ive got a great gaming PC at home, but in work i figured id spice things up a bit, took an ageing Dell Optiplex in the office, that has a Core2duo and 2gb ram. I got some extra ram and bumped it up to 6gb ram, i got a free 9600GT from a friend, bought a PSU off ebay, and a 500GB HDD i had in an old PC and stuck it all together. This PC can run Rage, Skyrim, L4D2, CS:GO etc flawlessly. Great for lunchtime gaming!

I got most of the components free from working in IT, but i priced everything on ebay and it came to less than 200 euro :D But thats only if youre really broke, if you can afford it go get yourself a good spec machine.

Advertisement