Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 sponsorship query

Options
  • 13-11-2012 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all, first time to post on boards.

I have been searching through loads of threads but I cant find one that I can get a answer from.

I'm currently working as a cleaner on a mine site in western Australia, the recruitment company that I work for want to sponser me to keep working on the site long term. I am aware a cleaner is not a skill but im wondering is there any chance of it happening.

The recruitment firm are very eager to make me stay here and have said they will do whatever it takes to allow me to stay. Also the recruitment firm are responseable for the management of the camp site (admin, catering etc) could they for instance hire me in a admin role but actually work as a cleaner?

I've done the visa wizard on the immi website and it said I could get a 186 or a 187 visa, but i think the 187 RSMS visa would suit me better.

Also if I got a visa agent would they be in a position to maybe guide me and my employer to come to some "agreement" as to what im employed as?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for reading:D

P.S I'm 25 and on my 2nd WHV with 9 months remaining, and have a fetac level 6 in childcare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Hi there

I know a few people who have been able to get sponsorship in unusual circumstances- they wouldnt have had the proper qualifications for their job and their title applied for through sponsorship would be different to what they are actually doing on the ground. I suppose it depends on how good your migration agent is and how willing your recruitment agency is to bend the rules!

Not very familiar with the RSMS but I think you need to have proven qualifications for the job that you are working in. So I am not sure if you will be able to do this if your qualifications lie in childcare? But again, Im not very familiar with the RSMS so I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MissFlowerPot

Hey statina

Yeah I know a few people on 457 visa doing a job they never had experience or qualifications in. I think I ruled out the 186 visa at this stage, but a 457 visa would be fantastic also. I just love Australia so much and really enjoy my job.

From the immi site I fould these on schedule list 2 that are available for sponsorship.

141991 Accommodation & Hospitality Manager
    149913 Facilities Manager

Would anyone know what proof would VETASSESS require for from my former employer in Ireland (I have over 3 years Bar/Cafe Manager expierence)

Advertisement