Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power off HKC for renovations

Options
  • 13-11-2012 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

We're doing renovations and the power will be off for a day or two.

I'd like to make sure the alarm doesn't sound when power is off - not sure what it's default reaction to batteries going down would be.

Can I set the system to be ready for this? I know the engineers code if required.

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Not really, once the external bell looses power it will sound for 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Damn. Do you know if the code will silence it during those 20 minutes?

Wish there was a way to keep it quiet.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It won't. Unless you get up and disconnect at the bell.
    Power it down during the day and it won't really bother anyone.

Thanks for the help & advice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome , what did you do in the end?

• Advertisement

Not done yet, was just planning it today. Will just power off at isolator and let it ring out. Wish I didn't have to annoy the neighbours, don't want them to think there is a break in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

They'll probably won't even realise its ringing .. Most people just ignore them. :-)
    Is the system monitored ?

edanto wrote: »
    Not done yet, was just planning it today. Will just power off at isolator and let it ring out. Wish I didn't have to annoy the neighbours, don't want them to think there is a break in.

You will also need to disconnect the battery in the panel. After you turn the power off , open the main control panel. The battery will be sitting on the base of the panel with red & black (or blue) leads connected . Disconnect these also.

Advertisement