Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection only seems to be able to do one thing at once.

Options
  • 13-11-2012 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Every time I use my connection, I can only load one page at a time (so if a youtube video is playing, no other sites work until it has buffered the entire thing). Is there anything that can be done about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Flibbles wrote: »
    Every time I use my connection, I can only load one page at a time (so if a youtube video is playing, no other sites work until it has buffered the entire thing). Is there anything that can be done about it?
    Sounds odd. What is your connection (check http://192.168.1.254 for the speed), and how old is your pc/laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Fibbles

If you PM me your tel number I can check to see what speeds you have there..unless low speed capacity you should be able to load more than one page at a time...
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I was told in a PM that my line might be capable of a higher throughput, could we test this to find out? The Sky website is also estimating about 11.7mbps, though I'd say that's a bit exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

I was told in a PM that my line might be capable of a higher throughput, could we test this to find out? The Sky website is also estimating about 11.7mbps, though I'd say that's a bit exaggerated.
    Hi Flibbles

I have tested your line and the maximum capability speed your line can hold is 'up to' 12mbs. However based on tests that broadband technical support have conducted we feel that your line will not hold more than 'up to'8mbs.

Regards

Linda

Could I be out on the up to 8mbs profile then? I'm currently on the up to 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Fibbles,

I ran a few checks and there is no indication for your excchange to be Next Generation broadband enabled.
    However the Letterhenny exchange is part of fibre roll out plan (Phase 2) Fibre seems to be connected to your local cabinet.
    We hope to have some more news in May.

Thanks, Mark

So my line has been able to go to 8 since I signed up, but I'm limited to 3 because of a technicality?

Hi Fibbles,

Next Generation Broadband is classed as a different product to the standard bitstream broadband packages.
    NGB is subject to availability. I just wanted to assure you thre is going to be a new product available in your area soon which will offer sugnificantly higher speeds.

Thanks, Mark

I'll wait till may then, I just find it aggravating that my line is capable of more but won't be utilised because of a business model.

Hi Fibbles,

I will let you know as soon as we have more news on when the fobre product and packages go live.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Could you give me an estimate of what my throughput will be once the whole fibre system is enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Could you give me an estimate of what my throughput will be once the whole fibre system is enabled?
    Hi Flibbles

Unfortunately I won't be able to give any estimations until closer to launch date however please follow this link for further information:

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Best wishes

Al

Advertisement