Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car broken into in Lusk Village last night...

Options
  • 13-11-2012 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey guys... Just a heads up... My car was broken into in lusk village estate last night... Keep and eye on your cars!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Hope the damage was minimal, sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roadside

Last Friday Night, The Roving Lusk gang broke into our neighbours car, smashed up several others, then tried to kick in our front door at 2 am in the morning. WTF is going on?
    Heads up all of you... a whole street of cars vandalised last week in Lusk Village, there's a ticking time bomb here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Hey Roadside... That's shocking! Did you speak to the Guards? I'm v disappointed. I'm originally from lusk, and never thought it'd go to the dogs like this!

Well Caveman, there is a big tracksuit culture here.
    Whitethorn walk cars done on sat night. And yes, we did call the guards. Some parental control would help, but thats wishful thinkin...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Hi,

Did you have the car locked and was anything valuable taken?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your concern BB, however, my car was not touched, and its not the cars I am concerned about. Being woken at 2Am by a gang of scum trying to kick in my door with a wife and two children to protect is my problem. I have no idea about what their intentions were either. That said, No Limits, applies from my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I would suggest all your neighbours write individually to Garda Supt in Balbriggan and also to each local rep, T.D and Councillor. Do you have a residents Association. When this starts people need to come together and take action. Do you think they are local? Irish or non national? The reason I ask this is there have been some serious assaults over the last few weeks in Rush / Lusk area. One of the people assaulted was very lucky to survive. He got an awful doing. He can identify where his attackers are from but could not recognize them.

There appears to be a growing amount of vandalism going on all over from what I hear. I fully agree there needs to be a lot more parental control or parents need to be held accountable for any damage their kids do.

Between assaults and vandalism there is a timebomb going to go off unless something is done about these incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Peckham

LeoB wrote: »
    The reason I ask this is there have been some serious assaults over the last few weeks in Rush / Lusk area. One of the people assaulted was very lucky to survive. He got an awful doing. He can identify where his attackers are from but could not recognize them.

That's very worrying. Are these random attacks, muggings or what's the story? Coming in to the Christmas season we'll all have extra nights out, so definitely will have second thoughts walking home alone from the nightlink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Peckham wrote: »
    That's very worrying. Are these random attacks, muggings or what's the story? Coming in to the Christmas season we'll all have extra nights out, so definitely will have second thoughts walking home alone from the nightlink.

I think it may have been random, wrong place wrong time but you are right it is very worrying. I have heard of a few but there is no pattern to them and maybe some have been exaggerated I dont know. But it is cause for concern. Just tell anyone who is going home alone from a party to be extra careful or get a Taxi.

Advertisement