Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas stuff questions - mini white tree, decorations, etc

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey, does anyone know where you could get a mini white Christmas tree, in Cork city, preferably, or even in Blackpool or Wilton? Like, not a tiny one for a desk, but a normal mini one? Or, any chain shops that are country-wide, that'd probably have the same stuff in all branches? Shall probably be needing silver tinsel - a Euro shop, probably? Anybody know where to get mini decorations for the mini tree, or would normal ones look okay? I'd be looking for girly ones, I suppose, I'm not mad on traditional red and green colour schemes - like, I'd love pink/purples/icy blues/silvers :) In case I sound dumb :rolleyes: , this is my first time really buying Christmas decorations :)

Also, is Heaton's any good for Chrimbo stuff? I've never actually been in a Heaton's, there's one out the road from me though, like, what sort of a shop is Heaton's is it sort of end-of-line/slight-seconds/discounted sort of stuff (mainly) or how is it categorised, as a shop?

Oh, does anyone know anywhere to get plain white and red candy canes - they've big ones in Tesco, and small green and red ones, but no normal sized white and red ones? :eek:

Last question - are most places still doing the E6 for a tin or Celebrations/Heroes/Quality Street/Roses, as I noticed that Tesco had put 'em up to full price again, grr :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Silas45

Tesco, Wilton had small white christmas trees last friday night for 7 euro. They also do a good range of decorations as do penneys in wilton. I think Penneys had the candy canes aswell.

Heatons and Next in Blackpool also have some nice stuff and not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

ash777 wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know where you could get a mini white Christmas tree, in Cork city, preferably, or even in Blackpool or Wilton? Like, not a tiny one for a desk, but a normal mini one? Or, any chain shops that are country-wide, that'd probably have the same stuff in all branches? Shall probably be needing silver tinsel - a Euro shop, probably? Anybody know where to get mini decorations for the mini tree, or would normal ones look okay? I'd be looking for girly ones, I suppose, I'm not mad on traditional red and green colour schemes - like, I'd love pink/purples/icy blues/silvers :) In case I sound dumb :rolleyes: , this is my first time really buying Christmas decorations :)

Also, is Heaton's any good for Chrimbo stuff? I've never actually been in a Heaton's, there's one out the road from me though, like, what sort of a shop is Heaton's is it sort of end-of-line/slight-seconds/discounted sort of stuff (mainly) or how is it categorised, as a shop?

Oh, does anyone know anywhere to get plain white and red candy canes - they've big ones in Tesco, and small green and red ones, but no normal sized white and red ones? :eek:

Last question - are most places still doing the E6 for a tin or Celebrations/Heroes/Quality Street/Roses, as I noticed that Tesco had put 'em up to full price again, grr :eek:

I would try Argos for the mini white tree (something like 3 ft tall?)
    I would put heatons in the same line (amybe a bit better) then penneys.
    You can normally get a bag of small candie canes in any €uro shop.
    I think Tescos have there tinned sweets (roses etc) on sale for €5 since yesterday. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Heatons have boxes of candy canes, they also have packets of character candy canes for kids, moshi monsters, mickey mouse.. We get the boxes every year to hang off the tree, but they never seem to make it to Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Argos and Tesco have 3ft white trees.
    Dunnes have a tube of mixed purple/pink/silver/blue mini baubles.
    Dealz have tinsel, boxes of mini candy canes ideal for a mini tree. They also have christmas lights and so many other things for only 1.49 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Your nearest Dealz is 1 Queen's old castle, Grand Parade, Cork City.

Argos have a 3ft white pop up tree including 25 white lights and 35 baubles of the colours you want for e20.24 no is:269/9653.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Today is the last day of Argos' 3 for 2 on Christmas decorations folks, just in case anyone is getting a few festive bits and bobs there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

they have mini babubles in b n q also and they come in pink

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Thanks for all the ideas, great stuff. Anybody with any more, fire away!

Advertisement