Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any safe way to dry XCountry Shoes without destroying them??

• 13-11-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've just started XCrountry training and naturally enough, my runners get soaked. I've left them on top of the radiator but I've been told that this destroys the shoes and makes them useless after a while. Is there another way!? Kinda assume there's not, but said I'd ask
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Some stuff paper into them and leave them to dry in a utility room or somewhere that is indirectly heated. I hang my runners over the door handles after taking the sockliner out and let them air dry.

Force drying around radiators will break down the glue and possibly shrink the upper while hardening the midsole foam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

yeah, just shove them full of crumpled up newspaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

i remove insole and stuff kitchen paper in the shoes to get as much as possible of the dampness out.. then remove paper and put shoes in the hot press to dry..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ratucdm

After finding this dryer thing... http://maxxdry.ie/ anyone ever buy one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

10 seconds in and they suggesting you wash your shoes.

Don't.

And don't force dry your running shoes either. They will probably shrink, and its likely the glue will separate causing you to go looking for new shoes.

All the advice above is correct , remove insoles, pack with paper and / or leave in a well vented area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement