Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's something about our Brendan...

• 13-11-2012 11:01am

...it's great to see an Irish player slugging it out regularly on big stages in front of thousands. He has done so well. And clearly it's not some once off, one doesn't reached the final and semi final of the Grand Prix on luck. Before, I would always expect an Irish player to freeze in front of the cameras, but you expect Brendan to play his own game. And he seems like a gentleman, and a great ambassador for this island in his sport.

But is his game good enough to take him further? He seems maddeningly inconsistent, last night being the latest when he did not bring his best game. Does anyone think we'll see him in the running for the PL in years to come, or regularly getting to World Championship quarters and semis? Now he has done us so proud and got to an elite level, can he kick on to become a top 8 player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Conor74 wrote: »
    ...it's great to see an Irish player slugging it out regularly on big stages in front of thousands. He has done so well. And clearly it's not some once off, one doesn't reached the final and semi final of the Grand Prix on luck. Before, I would always expect an Irish player to freeze in front of the cameras, but you expect Brendan to play his own game. And he seems like a gentleman, and a great ambassador for this island in his sport.

But is his game good enough to take him further? He seems maddeningly inconsistent, last night being the latest when he did not bring his best game. Does anyone think we'll see him in the running for the PL in years to come, or regularly getting to World Championship quarters and semis? Now he has done us so proud and got to an elite level, can he kick on to become a top 8 player?

It is great to see him doing well,he is a very nice guy but......
    premier league chances.....not a hope im afraid:(
    top 8 player.......just as unlikely:(
    I think(and this wont make me any friends)he is far surpassing all expectations with his talents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

He is a top 20 player, might break into top 16 this year but never a top 8. Saying that though a lot of the top 8 are going to start slipping down the rankings if they dont get there act together so Dolan with consistent performances could make it close to the top 10.

As for him being nice, twice I have seen him act the pr!ck with people, but then again I have spoken to him and he was sound so make of that what you will.
    He wins a lot of games with low averages, 85-92 that can only get you so far. Needs to be able to find another gear and rattle off 4-5 legs with 105 averages to chase guys down and provide breathing space when leading matches.

Advertisement