Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavachons

• 13-11-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks :D so how do those who have Cavachons find them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No such breed as a Cavachon....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nettekee

I have a 2.5yr old cavachon, and she is a total princess! She has a great temperament and is super friendly to kids and adults. She was a bit of a picky eater / puker until I finally found a food that she could eat that is high in meat content low in "other" ingredients. tbh I dont think she is a first generation cavachon because of the markings that have developed on her. also the non shed feature that cavachons are supposed to be, well she does shed not as much as other dogs and it is hair more than fur that other breeds/cross breeds would have. She is highly intelligent, knows the names of her toys and a number of commands, obeying those commands is another story as she definitely has her own mind!
    hope that helps
    N.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

andreac wrote: »
    No such breed as a Cavachon....

Please read OP again :rolleyes: only reply if you have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

"Cavachons" are a mongral, mutt, mixed breed (whatever you want to call them) that are sold as designer dogs for hefty prices. A breeder who is willing to sell these dogs for such high prices are most likely not breeding ethically and are only in it for the money. You tend to find these dogs, and their bad breeders, on buy & sell ads and websites. I must warn you, by buying these designer breeds you will only be lining the pockets of dodgy breeders. There are always exceptions to the rule but these are very, very rare.

If you want some sound advice - steer clear and go to a rescue if you want a nice mixed breed dog. Or find a good, ethical breeder of a pure breed dog that has all health issues in mind when producing litters of pups. I have experience with Cavaliers mainly, and some Cavalier mixes, and you are better off supporting a decent breeder that has the health of their dogs at heart.

Nettekee wrote: »
    I have a 2.5yr old cavachon, and she is a total princess! She has a great temperament and is super friendly to kids and adults. She was a bit of a picky eater / puker until I finally found a food that she could eat that is high in meat content low in "other" ingredients. tbh I dont think she is a first generation cavachon because of the markings that have developed on her. also the non shed feature that cavachons are supposed to be, well she does shed not as much as other dogs and it is hair more than fur that other breeds/cross breeds would have. She is highly intelligent, knows the names of her toys and a number of commands, obeying those commands is another story as she definitely has her own mind!
    hope that helps
    N.

Great cheers Nettekee

• Advertisement

"Cavachons" are a mongral, mutt, mixed breed (whatever you want to call them) that are sold as designer dogs for hefty prices. A breeder who is willing to sell these dogs for such high prices are most likely not breeding ethically and are only in it for the money. You tend to find these dogs, and their bad breeders, on buy & sell ads and websites. I must warn you, by buying these designer breeds you will only be lining the pockets of dodgy breeders. There are always exceptions to the rule but these are very, very rare.

If you want some sound advice - steer clear and go to a rescue if you want a nice mixed breed dog. Or find a good, ethical breeder of a pure breed dog that has all health issues in mind when producing litters of pups.

So you don't have one then no :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Please read OP again :rolleyes: only reply if you have one.

This is a public forum and you cant choose who replies to you :rolleyes:

TillyGirl wrote: »
    This is a public forum and you cant choose who replies to you :rolleyes:

Spot on, but I did ask those who have one to comment ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

So you don't have one then no :D

No. But as I said, and you seemed to miss out on in your quote, I do have experience with Cavaliers. From working with rescues, I have had limited experience with Cavalier mixes and to be frank, they generally end up with serious health issues and came from very dodgy places. Simply because I do not own one myself does not mean I cannot offer you some advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Well you will get far more useful information from the other posters than the ones who claim to have these particular type of mongrels.

Off with you to Donedeal or Buy & Sell to the puppy farmers, have fun. Enjoy the vet bills :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

It seems like you only want to hear/read certain things. Why not actually take notice of what experienced dog owners are telling you instead of brushing it off with a sarcastic comment.
    If you've already made you're mind up and dont want to hear anything to the contrary, why are you posting here?

No. But as I said, and you seemed to miss out on in your quote, I do have experience with Cavaliers. From working with rescues, I have had limited experience with Cavalier mixes and to be frank, they generally end up with serious health issues and came from very dodgy places. Simply because I do not own one myself does not mean I cannot offer you some advice.

All sensible advice is welcome, I has spoken with 3 people who have cavachons now and they can only speak very highly of them and have not experienced any health issues as of yet thankfully. Your advice is much appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ok.
    Hatch99, enough is enough. You have made it clear that your posting style here is,as argumentative as it was in your offensive PMs to me after I closed your last thread, in which you asked about getting your kids a Cavachon for Christmas as a surprise. That thread was closed because you breached the forum charter.
    This thread is a thinly veiled circumvention of the closed thread. Because you're continually causing arguments, I'm closing this thread too, and I will delete any further threads you open on the subject. If you attempt to open more argumentative threads, further warnings or bans will be issued.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement