Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC modem

Options
  • 13-11-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have HKC system and recently acquired dialler/modem which plugged into my system via ribbon cable. It rings my mobile OK but there is no voice/message. How do I put a message on it?. I think it is a HKC product, has PCB 2028, 8 channel with secure watch, 4 channel stand alone inscribed on board. I also have a bord with aerial attached, 7512 PCB which sat with the other board in it's previous life, not sure what it does. Any info from the fountain of knowledge to newbie would be appreciated. Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Airman2 wrote: »
    I have HKC system and recently acquired dialler/modem which plugged into my system via ribbon cable. It rings my mobile OK but there is no voice/message. How do I put a message on it?. I think it is a HKC product, has PCB 2028, 8 channel with secure watch, 4 channel stand alone inscribed on board. I also have a bord with aerial attached, 7512 PCB which sat with the other board in it's previous life, not sure what it does. Any info from the fountain of knowledge to newbie would be appreciated. Thanks a million

This dialer is used to ring a monitoring station rather than your own phone. From the sounds of it you also have a GSM connected to the system. Is the control panel a 6 or 8 zone system?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Airman2

It is a secure watch 10/10. I have not connected the GSM board but it was part of the setup where it lived previously. As the dialler fitted so easy I am pretty sure it is also HKC product. I have programmed a few numbers which work from my land line, but some message rather than silence would be nice. Thanks Altor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Airman2 wrote: »
    It is a secure watch 10/10. I have not connected the GSM board but it was part of the setup where it lived previously. As the dialler fitted so easy I am pretty sure it is also HKC product. I have programmed a few numbers which work from my land line, but some message rather than silence would be nice. Thanks Altor.

The best option is to add a standalone dialer to the system in conjunction with either a land line or the GSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Airman2

Thanks altar. You reckon that it is not possible to put any messages on my unit.

Advertisement