If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Soundbar

Options
  • 13-11-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Any suggestion for a 5.1 soundbar?

I'm on a budget so be gentle ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

The cheapest one that we stock is the Yamaha YSP2200 which happens to get a brilliant review and is one over the very few surround systems available. This is currently £749.95 including delivery and we are presently out of stock due to the demand for this.

We can get these in approx 1 week.

I hope this helps and I've been as gentle as I can but if you can find anyone who's more gentle then let us know and we'll beat their gentleness !

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Hi there.

The cheapest one that we stock is the Yamaha YSP2200 which happens to get a brilliant review and is one over the very few surround systems available. This is currently £749.95 including delivery and we are presently out of stock due to the demand for this.

We can get these in approx 1 week.

I hope this helps and I've been as gentle as I can but if you can find anyone who's more gentle then let us know and we'll beat their gentleness !

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave

Thats far too expensive for what I need, I'm afraid :eek:

I've been looking around (in a virtual sense ;)) and was thinking more of this:https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=156&ProductID=1284

Best price I can see is here: http://www.amazon.de/Yamaha-YAS-101-Surround-schwarz/dp/B005KIVI8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352980137&sr=8-1 for about €197 euro inclusive of delivery.

Any chance you could be as gentle as Amazon? :D

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

podge3 wrote: »
    Hi Dave

I've been looking around (in a virtual sense ;)) and was thinking more of this:https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=156&ProductID=1284

Best price I can see is here: http://www.amazon.de/Yamaha-YAS-101-Surround-schwarz/dp/B005KIVI8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352980137&sr=8-1 for about €197 euro inclusive of delivery.

Hi Podge,

Unfortunately we can only price match with UK websites/stores :(

Chris

Hi Podge,

Unfortunately we can only price match with UK websites/stores :(

Chris
    Thanks anyway.

Hi there.

Just to elaborate on this.

The reason that we do not match non UK and Ireland is that products that come from outside the UK and Ireland and not covered by the respective manufacturers in terms of warranty so if this were to go wrong, it would have to be returned to the seller.

There are issues as well with the plugs used with some products as they may not have the correct plug.

I hope this explains.

Regards

Dave

podge3 wrote: »
    Hi Dave

• Advertisement

The reason that we do not match non UK and Ireland is that products that come from outside the UK and Ireland and not covered by the respective manufacturers in terms of warranty so if this were to go wrong, it would have to be returned to the seller.

There are issues as well with the plugs used with some products as they may not have the correct plug.
    I have to disagree with you, Dave.

Most "big name" brands that sell in the EU have a pan-european warranty. For example, I purchased an LG TV from Amazon in the UK and it developed a fault. I had no trouble at all in having it fixed here - its was a collect and return service.

In the case of the Yahama soundbar, this is also covered by a European warranty: http://europe.yamaha.com/warranty/yamaha_eea_ch_guarantee.pdf?warranty=English

The nominal European voltage is now 230V 50 Hz so any electrical device sold in Europe will work in any country. While the plugs may be different, I'm sure most people can change it over to one of ours ;)

In short, there is absolutely no problem in buying most electrical items in Europe. I don't know why you can't match prices outside Ireland/UK but the warranty excuse does not stand up, I'm afraid.

BTW, I think Richersounds give a great service and I have bought quite a few TVs and other bits from you over the years. I would like to purchase all of my AV stuff from you but sometimes its much cheaper elsewhere.

Hi Podge.

Thanks for the reply and I can appreciate why you replied.

I will just let you know our stance and why we don't beat prices from Europe.

Firstly, the products are not always the same specification. A prime example of this is a thread that is running on a Samsung TV which has turned into queries about LG TV's. These are from Pixmania and the models do not have the same TV tuner on board as our UK and Ireland model and they also require a modification to the plug.

The second reason is that there are several of our manufacturers that will not repair items which are purchased from outside the UK and Ireland. Onkyo who is one of our biggest A/V brands are one of these companies. Yamaha may well have a European wide guarantee but we have had customers coming to us who have items purchased from places like Germany and when they have gone to have them repaired (even with a guarantee) the repair agent says that it has to be returned to the seller as the unit will be repaired under warranty but it has to be returned to the originating country. This is obviously expensive for the end user to have to try to return it to the seller.

The third reason is that the supply chains into Europe cannot be guaranteed. What I mean by this is that we cannot verify that the goods that are being supplied are genuine. If a website (like simply electronics) are selling items at knock down prices, it's very difficult to verify if this particular company is a registered and genuine dealer of that brand . In the case of this website, they are shipping these from outside the EU and there are customs and other charges that apply that they do not tell you about. If a dealer in the UK or Ireland is selling an item, we can verify quite easily that they have support from the manufacturer and that the product comes with a full guarantee and has come from a reputable source.

We feel that the offer of a pricebeat within the UK or Ireland is a fair one and I don't know of any company in the UK or Ireland who would price beat anyone outside of their own country. Some don't even beat prices locally :-(

I hope this explains as to why we stick to the market that we operate in.

ATB

Dave

Hi Podge.

Thanks for the reply and I can appreciate why you replied.

I will just let you know our stance and why we don't beat prices from Europe.

Firstly, the products are not always the same specification. A prime example of this is a thread that is running on a Samsung TV which has turned into queries about LG TV's. These are from Pixmania and the models do not have the same TV tuner on board as our UK and Ireland model and they also require a modification to the plug.

The second reason is that there are several of our manufacturers that will not repair items which are purchased from outside the UK and Ireland. Onkyo who is one of our biggest A/V brands are one of these companies. Yamaha may well have a European wide guarantee but we have had customers coming to us who have items purchased from places like Germany and when they have gone to have them repaired (even with a guarantee) the repair agent says that it has to be returned to the seller as the unit will be repaired under warranty but it has to be returned to the originating country. This is obviously expensive for the end user to have to try to return it to the seller.

The third reason is that the supply chains into Europe cannot be guaranteed. What I mean by this is that we cannot verify that the goods that are being supplied are genuine. If a website (like simply electronics) are selling items at knock down prices, it's very difficult to verify if this particular company is a registered and genuine dealer of that brand . In the case of this website, they are shipping these from outside the EU and there are customs and other charges that apply that they do not tell you about. If a dealer in the UK or Ireland is selling an item, we can verify quite easily that they have support from the manufacturer and that the product comes with a full guarantee and has come from a reputable source.

We feel that the offer of a pricebeat within the UK or Ireland is a fair one and I don't know of any company in the UK or Ireland who would price beat anyone outside of their own country. Some don't even beat prices locally :-(

I hope this explains as to why we stick to the market that we operate in.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave

I agree with most of what you say, actually. There are indeed companies like Simply Electronics who are selling some items so cheaply that there must be a reason for this cheap price.

While Pixmania is a very reputable company (despite their sometimes poor customer service :D), much of their electrical equipment is tailored for the continent and the customer needs to be very careful especially with TVs.

However, I would also say that if you do plenty of research, both on the item and company that you are buying from, that there should be no problem. Obviously with TVs, you need to absolutely sure what model you are purchasing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.