Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment query

Options
  • 13-11-2012 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

On 10/11 I attempted to make a booking online for a hotel but the booking was unsuccessful - however the funds were taken from my account. I contacted the website involved and they advised

"The status of the booking is not complete due to the communication failure between our booking system and the hotels system. When the hotel is unable to verify their ability, we suspend the request and eventually it does expire.

Even though the payment is approved with the bank, Hotwire will not be collecting the payment since the booking request is no longer active. The pending hold you may see is placed by the bank and will be released back onto your account based on your banks time frame. "

What is my banks timeframe? I need to make another booking but the funds are tied up in limbo.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi ash23,

If a company requests funds from your account and the transaction is not completed but we have authorised it, the company will have to issue a refund which can take 3 - 5 working days. If this does not occur automatically, the quickest way to request a refund is to contact the company directly.

Otherwise you can contact your branch to fill out a transaction dispute form if there is no refund after 5 working days. The branch will then start an investigation into the transaction on your behalf.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll get back on to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Here is the response I got from them
    Thank you for responding to my email in regards to your recent booking attempt.

I understand that your bank has provided conflicting information then I have. I regret the confusion.

They were correct about typical purchase procedure when authorization is requested and the authorization amount is collected. In this instance however, we have chosen not to collect the pending hold therefore we will not have funds tor return. The pending holds naturally drop off when not collected. There has been no debit action placed on your Visa ending in 6604

So, what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi ash23,

From the above response you received, we would expect that the transaction will automatically credit back to your account within 5 working days. As Linda suggested, if after that time the funds have not been returned to you, please contact your branch to dispute the transaction.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

How do I pay my credit card through 365online (using visa debit card.)

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi stanley1.

Thanks for your post.

In order to make a payment to your credit card account using 365Online, you will firstly need to register the credit card number for the service.
    This can be done when logged into your account, under the Manage Account section. An activation code will issue to you by post or by text, if your mobile is registered. Once you receive this code and activate it, you will then be able to make payment to your credit card account using 365Online.

It is also possible to view your credit card transactions on Banking365 Online. Please call Banking365 directly on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be happy to register the details for you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Advertisement