Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millennium Park - New Slide

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my kids had a great time on the new slide the day it opened a few weeks ago but when driving past I noticed fencing around it. I heard a rumour that yobs had set fire to the steps, would this be correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

Yeah it wasn't even officially opened yet they just let kids on it that Saturday and the same night it was burned out :confused:.
    I was talking to the warden and he says its going have to be torn down rebuilt costing thousands of euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

jmcturk wrote: »
    Yeah it wasn't even officially opened yet they just let kids on it that Saturday and the same night it was burned out :confused:.
    I was talking to the warden and he says its going have to be torn down rebuilt costing thousands of euro

Jesus, that is terrible. The fecking scumbags, they must be really proud of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

10th of last month there were kids playing on it, mine were over the moon with it, something new and something for older kids as they have out grown most of what is in there. Took a few pictures as well.

IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

I did think that it was odd that it wasn't fenced off on the other side.
    What a shower of scumbags to do such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

lets build a playground across the road from montview,fortlawn and whitechapel..sure what could go wrong???? pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

inevitable springs to mind!!!!!

if they had any sense they would have put it on glenville, roselawn delwood etc..this wouldnt have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Heaven forbid the build it where disadvantaged kids can use it.
    For years there were no playgrounds in D15 and this one has been a wonderful addition to the area for years and this is the first time it's has serious damage done to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

jmcturk wrote: »

Ah for feck sakes, i thought it was a cool addition to the playground. I havent any kids that play there but im annoyed and angry to hear about it being destroyed. Scum of the highest order and if caught need to be shamed . I think Fingal co co have done a great job with the whole park and this is a shame. Anyone know what the fenced off areas in the park at the junction of mountview road.?

lets build a playground across the road from montview,fortlawn and whitechapel..sure what could go wrong???? pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

inevitable springs to mind!!!!!

if they had any sense they would have put it on glenville, roselawn delwood etc..this wouldnt have happened.

Thats a bit of a general swipe at those areas as if anyone if Glenville ,roselawn and delwood dont leave their areas and are Angels.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Less of the snide comments, and try to stay on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Anyone know what the fenced off areas in the park at the junction of mountview road.?
    A dog run.

The Castleknock Gazette reported that the slide cost 70k euro :eek:

daymobrew wrote: »
    A dog run.

The Castleknock Gazette reported that the slide cost 70k euro :eek:

Thats what i thought it was. Brilliant idea. thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement