Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S3 / HTC One X

• 13-11-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Am planning on upgrading phone within the next month and am deciding between the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X. Just wondering what are the pros/cons from folks who have the respective phones?

At the moment I'm leaning slightly towards the S3, but only slightly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

conf101 wrote: »
    Hey all.

Am planning on upgrading phone within the next month and am deciding between the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X. Just wondering what are the pros/cons from folks who have the respective phones?

At the moment I'm leaning slightly towards the S3, but only slightly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    This is an unanswerable question because it all comes down to preference and taste. For me the S3 wins because of expandable memory. It really just comes down to prioritizing what you want from a phone and working down through the list to see which phone fairs better.

Here is a good comparison
    http://smartphones.techcrunch.com/compare/245-249/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-vs-HTC-One-X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Thanks for the reply and the link Quazzie.

Yeah I guess I should have provided a bit more info.

In general I use my phone (aside from calls and texts of course) for a decent amount of web browsing, listening to a lot of radio, storing a moderate amount of music. I want a decent camera, but they've both got that covered off.

Basically they both pretty much tick all the boxes for what I need, it's all down to which phone just has nicer all round usability and features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I have a One X and I would recommend you go with the S3. In addition to the expandable memory (as mentioned above) the battery in the S3 is removable.

Six months in, there has been a significant deterioration in the battery performance of my One X. I would like the option to put a new one into it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Yeah I hadn't realised that the One X didn't have expandable memory. Definitely an advantage for the S3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I've had both and the S3 was the better one to use daily. I preferred the screen on the One X but the battery life and charging time was better on the S3 and the expandable memory as mentioned swung it.

The S3 is more flimsy than the One X, but this is negated once you have a case on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement