Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planned Disruption to Water Supply

Options
  • 13-11-2012 1:11pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Planned Disruption to Water Supply to enable Major Works in Blanchardstown/Castleknock Area

Tuesday/Wednesday 13/14 November 2012

It is intended to install a Pressure Release Valve on the trunk main serving the Blanchardstown/Castleknock area. This is a major piece of work and it will require that the trunk main be shutdown completely for a period of time. It is intended to shut the main down from 7.00pm tonight Tuesday 13 November, with work commencing at 8.00pm. It is anticipated that work will be completed by 2.00am and water should be fully restored by 7.00am at the latest. Some consumers may experience low water pressure for a short period of time after completion of the work while the network is recharging.

Residential areas affected stretch from Corduff to Ashtown on the north of the M3 and from Blakestown and Coolmine to the Phoenix Park on the south side of the M3.

Please see attached link with a full list of areas that may be affected by this disruption DMA List Dublin 15

Other areas affected include James Connolly Memorial Hospital, Blanchardstown Town Centre and Coolmine Industrial Estate.

Fingal County Council apologises for any inconvenience that may be caused while these very important major works are being undertaken.

Got a notice in the door about this last week, the list of areas affected is linked to in the piece on FingalCoCo.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

miamee wrote: »
    Got a notice in the door about this last week, the list of areas affected is linked to in the piece on FingalCoCo.ie

The valve is being replaced in Corduff Avenue. Large work site there and should be finished by tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Do they normally send out letters? I only found out about it now when I tried to get some water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

kevc2 wrote: »
    Do they normally send out letters? I only found out about it now when I tried to get some water.

Me too!

Advertisement