Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin - Luas nearby?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Need to be in OLCH for 10am. Was thinking of parking at the Red Cow Inn and getting the Luas from there as parking is supposed to be a nightmare at the hospital. Which Luas stop is closest to OLCH? From the maps it seems that either Bluebell, Blackhorse or Drimnagh are relatively close, would they be 15min walk or thereabouts?

Cheers,
    sombaht

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

It would be a brisk 15 minute walk from bluebell to the hospital. The 18 goes on the same route, not overly frequent, but you could time it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Would any of the stops have a taxi rank nearby? Wouldn't mind the walk myself, but with 2 kids in bad weather its not ideal.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sombaht wrote: »
    Would any of the stops have a taxi rank nearby? Wouldn't mind the walk myself, but with 2 kids in bad weather its not ideal.

Cheers,
    sombaht

They tend not to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

novarock wrote: »
    It would be a brisk 15 minute walk from bluebell to the hospital. The 18 goes on the same route, not overly frequent, but you could time it right.

The 18 would be nearer the Kylemore Luas stop. Would the Blackhorse stop not be better? -> Davitt Rd -> Kilworth Rd -> Cooley Rd

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

You may find it easier to pre book a taxi from the Red Cow car park. It will cost you approx 12.00e for the taxi, but with this weather and the rain.... Good luck with the appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Many thanks meg, don't suppose you have the number of a local taxi company?

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Try 8202020 on (surprise surpise) (01)8202020, you get 20% off the metred fare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you could save a few quid by getting the luas to james's hospital and then a taxi from there

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Many thanks meg, don't suppose you have the number of a local taxi company?

Cheers,
    sombaht

Gala Taxis 01 626 6266.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Parking at the hospital may be bad, but there are housing estates all around it - i'm sure you'd find somewhere to park easy enough. It's a fair walk from any luas stop, especially with 2 kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Park at Red Cow

Luas to Bluebell

It's a very busy road, you'll flag a taxi within a few minutes. No need to go looking for a rank

Short trip then to the hospital

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Or you could just drive to the hospital. I've only been once but I didn't have any issues parking, and if I did I would have just parked on one of the many roads nearby.

Luas/taxis just seem like a needless waste of time and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Or you could just drive to the hospital. I've only been once but I didn't have any issues parking, and if I did I would have just parked on one of the many roads nearby.

Luas/taxis just seem like a needless waste of time and money.

All the residents love when you do this by the way :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

KTRIC wrote: »

Of course they do, how could you not love it if you buy a house next to a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

KTRIC wrote: »

Just don't park in front of anyone's driveway and you'll be fine. I know I don't mind anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Need to be in OLCH for 10am. Was thinking of parking at the Red Cow Inn and getting the Luas from there as parking is supposed to be a nightmare at the hospital.
    Just to be clear, parking at the Red Cow Hotel is very expensive. Parking at the Luas Red Cow Park & Ride car park is reasonable. Just call a local taxi firm when you're on the Luas, and they'll meet you at your stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You could also get a LUAS to Drimnagh, Suir Road or James & get a 123 bus to Crumlin children's hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

You could also get a LUAS to Drimnagh, Suir Road or James & get a 123 bus to Crumlin children's hospital.

+1 get off at drimnagh. Ten min walk or 2 mins on 123 which is every ten mins

Advertisement