Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Steak ? How to cook ?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 1:33pm
    Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭

I bought a nice pork steak 10'' long by 4'' dia. I was going to slice it lengthways about 3/4 way through, stuff it and wrap tightly in foil but wrapping tightly seems wrong ? I was only doing that to hold the stuffing in. Any ideas, Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

cut into bite size pieces and fry with onions and mushrooms. When pork is brown add(carefully!) a small tub of cream, season and simmer for 5minutes. Serve with mashed potatoe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I like it flattened out, stuffed, rolled and roasted. With apple sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you cut a 4" section off so you have a 4" cylinder you can cut it lengthways like it was a swissroll you were unravelling. Sort of similar to butterflying, but you are not just doing one simple cut into it. Then you have a large flat steaklike piece which has lots of surface area for marinate or breadcrumbs. As it is so thin you can fry it on a pan in butter fairly quickly so it does not dry out. It is similar to what you can do with chicken breasts.

Pork steak like this marinated in teriyaki sauce is great on a BBQ

Found pics of a guy doing the unravelling and stuffing it.
    http://www.bonappetit.com/blogsandforums/blogs/badaily/2011/09/how-to-roll-stuff-pork-loin.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I had pork fillet tonight. Shoved the handle of a wooden spoon down the length of it, piped pesto into the cavity, rubbed more pesto around it, then wrapped in parma ham, fried off to crisp and then roasted for 15 minutes at 200C. It was amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement