Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get to college

Options
  • 13-11-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I would really appreciate any help that i can be given. I cant find any easy ways to get down to UL from Mullingar, Westmeath.
    Any suggestions? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I would really appreciate any help that i can be given. I cant find any easy ways to get down to UL from Mullingar, Westmeath.
    Any suggestions? :)

take a bus to athlone, there is a direct service to limerick from there.

timetable
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1281351916-72.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Popiscle.ie

is this a once off or for like entire college?
    Every single week! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Can you not stay weekends?

Not in first year i cant! There must be a handier way to get down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Like another poster suggested I'd go home less often if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not in first year i cant! There must be a handier way to get down there!
    If it's definitely not an option look at getting some sort of commuter ticket. Perhaps someone can drive you to a nearby town where there is a service going to and from Limerick.

Here are some possible travel arrangements, assuming you are going directly to Mullingar from Limerick looks like you'll have to leave early on Saturday because Friday trains/buses leave early, which could be an issue if you have to be there for Saturday.

To Mullingar (Sat)
    To Limerick

Alternatively you could make your way to Dublin from Mullingar and take the M7 express which is a €20 return, or take the train which I believe costs the same for a student (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Not sure why you can't stay some weekends (that's your business by the way, not probing you here) but it can be done, although at the expense of hours of travel and weekly expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

One of my friends travels from Mullingar every week and gets a private bus. The bus service is Donnellys and the number is 0436686540

Thanks very much for that but as it turns out that service has stopped!

Advertisement