If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung MX-D870

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately this is not a model that we would stock.

I don't want to put it down but it looks like the type of product that we steer clear of as these things tend to be more about sound modes, flashing lights and style than substance. Samsung wouldn't have aa good a reputation for good quality hifi systems compared to some of the other brands that we would do.

I can't see anyone selling it but I would nearly guarantee that whatever the price, you could probably get a much better system in terms of sound for the same or less money.

Sorry I can't help with this one but if you have a budget and an idea of what you would like from a system, we can certainly quote you for a nice system.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Hi there.

Unfortunately this is not a model that we would stock.

I don't want to put it down but it looks like the type of product that we steer clear of as these things tend to be more about sound modes, flashing lights and style than substance. Samsung wouldn't have aa good a reputation for good quality hifi systems compared to some of the other brands that we would do.

I can't see anyone selling it but I would nearly guarantee that whatever the price, you could probably get a much better system in terms of sound for the same or less money.

Sorry I can't help with this one but if you have a budget and an idea of what you would like from a system, we can certainly quote you for a nice system.

ATB

Dave

Thanks for that dude. That pretty much sums up what i thought of the system aswell, lol

Its a mate looking for this, i post on his behalf.
    Having a chat to him there his budget is about 400 at most.

He is looking for something with an ipod dock and he is dead set on it being stupidly fooking loud, lol. I think thats why he was looking at that 1600watt samsung system.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

goodlad wrote: »
    Thanks for that dude. That pretty much sums up what i thought of the system aswell, lol

Its a mate looking for this, i post on his behalf.
    Having a chat to him there his budget is about 400 at most.

He is looking for something with an ipod dock and he is dead set on it being stupidly fooking loud, lol. I think thats why he was looking at that 1600watt samsung system.

Hi there,

I wouldn't have anything like that Samsung system. Isn't really an area we cover.

Would he mind going seperates? Seperate amp, cd and speakers etc.

Let me know.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Hi there,

I wouldn't have anything like that Samsung system. Isn't really an area we cover.

Would he mind going seperates? Seperate amp, cd and speakers etc.

Let me know.

Chris

Sorry for the late reply man.
    Yup going seperates is no bother at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

The best option for him would be :

Cambridge AM5
    Cambridge CD5
    Mission MX1

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hifi-separate-systems/pah01857

Currently priced at £299.95.

This would work out at €400 including delivery.

This doesn't have the supposed power of the Samsung or have the looks, but it will certainly sound a lot better.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.