If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a bargain

Options
  • 13-11-2012 4:51pm

I have around €800 to spend on a new TV and am looking to make the most of it.
    I am looking for something around 40"/42" and 3D.
    It has to be full HD. Will be using it to watch movies and a small bit of TV (no gaming).
    Sound quality is not much of an issue as it will be plugged into a surround sound system.
    Tuner not important either as I have a digital box with a hard-drive that I will be using.
    Smart features are not a must either, basically all I care about is picture quality (both 2D and 3D).
    Anything considered including old models, display models or even something that is slightly damaged eg small scratch etc.
    Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

It has to be full HD. Will be using it to watch movies and a small bit of TV (no gaming).
    Sound quality is not much of an issue as it will be plugged into a surround sound system.
    Tuner not important either as I have a digital box with a hard-drive that I will be using.
    Smart features are not a must either, basically all I care about is picture quality (both 2D and 3D).
    Anything considered including old models, display models or even something that is slightly damaged eg small scratch etc.
    Thanks for any info.

Wex,
    thx for the post - possibly the best deal and quality around at the moment is the LG 42LM620 which is now reduced to £569.95 / €719.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

Not too many gizmos - just excellent picture quality and as an aside it sounds great

If you wanted to go for an alternative and one that trades purely on Picture Quality then the new Philips 40PFL5537T is a real option, it is more expensive at £699.95 / €869.99 but the PQ is really outstanding it has built in wifi and looks fantastic but really it's the Hd 2D picture that sets it apart at the moment - It does bust the budget but have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/40pfl5537t/phil-40pfl5537t

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Thanks for any info.

I got the Techwood 40" from <snip>. HD and really is great! Great bargain too it costs less than €400!! Excellent quality, great telly am very happy with it! :D

Please re-read the forum charter here bb86, thanks.

Wex,
    thx for the post - possibly the best deal and quality around at the moment is the LG 42LM620 which is now reduced to £569.95 / €719.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

Not too many gizmos - just excellent picture quality and as an aside it sounds great

If you wanted to go for an alternative and one that trades purely on Picture Quality then the new Philips 40PFL5537T is a real option, it is more expensive at £699.95 / €869.99 but the PQ is really outstanding it has built in wifi and looks fantastic but really it's the Hd 2D picture that sets it apart at the moment - It does bust the budget but have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/40pfl5537t/phil-40pfl5537t

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks very much.
    I'm on my phone at work at the moment, so I will have a look at them in detail later, and get back to you.

I had a look at the TVs and really liked them both especially the Philips, But I would have needed 3 sets of glasses, which including delivery, would be well over budget, I probably could have went to €900.
    Thanks a lot for you help and I will seriously consider the LG. I will let you know in the next few days if I decide to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orangegoblin

Quick opinion.
    I have this very TV the"LG 42LM620T".
    It is an excellent piece of kit. I recently watched that Avatar thingy in 3D and was astonished at how good it is. The HD thru sky in brill. Normal sound is good enough. put it thru an amp and its great. You wont be dissapointed.

• Advertisement

Can you please give me a quote for the LG 42LM620 including delivery to North County Wexford.
    Is the 5 year Richersounds extended guarantee available? If so how much?
    Lastly, what is the process in ordering the tv.
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Can you please give me a quote for the LG 42LM620 including delivery to North County Wexford.
    Is the 5 year Richersounds extended guarantee available? If so how much?
    Lastly, what is the process in ordering the tv.
    Thanks

Hi Wextext.

For the 42LM620 and delivery would be £599.90

The 5 year warranty always costs only 10% the screen price so for the 42LM620 you would be looking at £56.99

To place an order you can call us on the usual number 0044 333 900 0071 or if you PM me a contact number I can give you a bell :)

Have just rang up and ordered the LG, from your very helpful and friendly staff member.
    He said that I should receive it on Monday. :) Can't wait!
    Will post back here on Monday/Tuesday to let others know how I get on.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Have just rang up and ordered the LG, from your very helpful and friendly staff member.
    He said that I should receive it on Monday. :) Can't wait!
    Will post back here on Monday/Tuesday to let others know how I get on.

Good speaking to ya.

Hope you enjoy the TV. If there is anything else we can do for you just let me know.

Cheers.
    Chris

Just posting, to let others know of my experience of Buying the LG 42LM620t.
    I ordered it on Friday afternoon, and received it yesterday afternoon (Monday). Couldn't ask for better delivery times.
    Very happy with it. Picture is great and the TV itself is gorgeous. Tried some 3D yesterday, worked well. No problems at all.
    Would definitely recommend this TV to anyone with a similar budget.
    Now all I need is more free time, to watch some of the stack of films I have piling up.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.