Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colours for Christmas 2012

Options
  • 13-11-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

What are this years "colours" for Christmas. There doesn't seem to be any one color prevailing this year. Other years there was a definite color theme. I am glad that those purples, greens, and sky blues are gone tho - they were the most un-christmassy colours I ever saw.

I'm veering towards white/silver for this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The shops are full of multi-coloured decorations. I love them. They're so bright and lovely. When I was a kid I spent years trying to persuade my parents to put away the multi-coloured decorations and get red and gold ones but now I want them back!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have a tree in the hall decorated in silver and blue, with blue LED lights.
    My main tree will probably be gold and ivory. I was thinking purple, but I've gone off that idea now! I think gold and ivory sounds nice and classy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I always go traditional in the living room, red and silver, and also I have been collecting new bridge for a few years.

I go red and gold in the halls. landing bathrooms.

And the kitchen my daughter has her own tree with green, pink, purple and blue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

I don't like really bright colours at all, I just find them totally not Christmassy. On the tree I just like the plain, ivory kind of lights. I have a string of multi coloured lights for my bedroom, but that's about as far as it goes. I hate those bright blue icicle lights for outdoors. Look like something from a night club. I just use the plain ones. I mostly like to keep it traditional. For other decorations, lots of gold and red :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 M.Saggot

Black and yellow here in the U.S.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Warm white LED lights on the Christmass tree in the garden and also on the tree indoors.

Red and gold baubles on the indoor tree.

Nice and simple for me....not into multi coloured lights all over the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I love the classic red and gold. :) It just looks so warm and cosy. I don't really follow any trends when it comes to Christmas decorations, I just use the same ones every year. I think it's a nice tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

M.Saggot wrote: »
    Black and yellow here in the U.S.

that sounds vile. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I must say, i'm red and gold all the way. not a bit of tinsel in sight. The garlands I got for up over the kitchen cupboards from penneys are only gold, no red in them but WOw, they are gorgeous! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i got red and silver color for this christmas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Burgundy and gold for my tree. I got decorations years and years ago that I love. Every so often I do consider a different colour scheme but I always end up deciding to go ahead with these ones. It is a bit difficult finding other decs to carry the theme as a lot of them are red and few are burgundy. I put warm white lights with them and Santa sits atop it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

red gold and green in lounge room.Hall is multi-coloured. Kitchen is silver and blue .Each tree carries that theme colour too.all window lights are multi-coloured and flashing with one large lit feature static.or vise versa. lights on celings match the theme for that room.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I like to have all the colours of anything I like. Screw the schemes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Hi OP, I work with Trends and a lot of what was supposed to be 'in' didn't really catch on, for example there was a really lovely traditional, alpine 'Heidi' theme. Kind of like the Scandi theme, but with more reindeer and Alpine references.
    I was looking forward to this but I haven't really seen it in shops.

There's a theme of cupcakes and dollhouse references - very cutesy. I have seen this allright.

There's still trends from a few years ago like the very bright and sparkly jewel colours. Also the handmade (knit/crochet) one is still big. All things homely is likely to stay with us awhile.

Some things don't change though - you will always see red, green, silver and gold at Christmas though.

You probably see that some shops will have some trends and others will have different trends. It's up to the shops individual buyers - they will buy the trends they think people will buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I'm going to go for silver this year I think. Last year I had all the traditional colours so just for a change I will keep it "whiter and silvery" this year. With a big roaring fire of course. :D

thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Hi OP, I work with Trends and a lot of what was supposed to be 'in' didn't really catch on, for example there was a really lovely traditional, alpine 'Heidi' theme. Kind of like the Scandi theme, but with more reindeer and Alpine references.
    I was looking forward to this but I haven't really seen it in shops.

There's a theme of cupcakes and dollhouse references - very cutesy. I have seen this allright.

There's still trends from a few years ago like the very bright and sparkly jewel colours. Also the handmade (knit/crochet) one is still big. All things homely is likely to stay with us awhile.

Some things don't change though - you will always see red, green, silver and gold at Christmas though.

You probably see that some shops will have some trends and others will have different trends. It's up to the shops individual buyers - they will buy the trends they think people will buy.

I've seen lots of those cupcake decorations recently! Lots of pastel colours and stuff like ice cream cones, pink handbags etc. I don't think they're very Christmassy at all so I was wondering why they're suddenly selling them in shops but it makes sense if it's a trendy thing this year! Lot's of white and feathers too, I think.

Advertisement