Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargains I won't be buying...

• 13-11-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the bargains thread on the Classic Cars forum.

Seen a bargain on DoneDeal, ebay or elsewhere, give us a look at it, shur!

I'll start. This looks pretty cool for small money...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'll raise you this baby.. FZR 1000 EXUP for just €1500

I'd love this bike, why ain't I buying ~ I've no bloody money atm :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cantdecide wrote: »
    Inspired by the bargains thread on the Classic Cars forum.

Seen a bargain on DoneDeal, ebay or elsewhere, give us a look at it, shur!

I'll start. This looks pretty cool for small money...

I wouldn't buy it as the owner thinks it's a modified car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Del2005 wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy it as the owner thinks it's a modified car

True. He's probably wondering why no one's calling. I'm going to ring him up, call the bike a sh*tter and offer him a grand. He'd be a fool not to take it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Littleirishman

Done deal seems to be the go to place for bikes. No where else really is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Done deal seems to be the go to place for bikes. No where else really is there?

Outside of the biker forums no, not really.

That isn't the only RSV with a cheap price tag. They seem to depreciate like a stone.

• Advertisement

Okay. What about this?

€950
    Full-15198580.jpeg

He has a couple of Ad's up right now. Typical boy racer cars, Celicas and TDI's that look completely ragged out of it and selling for a pittance. I don't trust the seller and I don't trust the bike. Even if its only a grand.

If I was looking at budget bikes, I'd go for something like this

Full-13244454.jpeg

This one makes me cry though. A 2007 from a Dealer for 2.3k and in good nick. Makes me wonder what the hell mine is worth.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4145418

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Okay. What about this?

€950

:eek: seems crazy cheap to me. They're a great bike and it looks very clean.

When I looked at this thread first, I thought it was for 'bargains' that were really overpriced heaps of sh!te the seller had no hope of shifting! Would be a good idea for a thread :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Okay. What about this?

€950
    Full-15198580.jpeg

Even took the time to paint 'Dunlop' in white on the tyres.....

This thread is destined to make us all realise that bikes are way over priced for what you get when compared to what you are seeing the bangernomics thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

[QUOTE
    This thread is destined to make us all realise that bikes are way over priced for what you get when compared to what you are seeing the bangernomics thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but, some of these yoke probably have expensive items needing fixing, electrics can be a PITA. Anyway the only Triumph dealer I know is up North unless Megabikes are a Triumph dealer as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Fiskar wrote: »
    Yeah but, some of these yoke probably have expensive items needing fixing, electrics can be a PITA. Anyway the only Triumph dealer I know is up North unless Megabikes are a Triumph dealer as well?

Pretty sure there's a Triumph dealer at the new M50 bike retail spot, where Honda, KTM and HD are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I posted this in another thread but:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4071278
    For a 2009 bike with only 12k km on the clock, it's very good value.

View2-15094527.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Fiskar wrote: »
    [QUOTE
    This thread is destined to make us all realise that bikes are way over priced for what you get when compared to what you are seeing the bangernomics thread.

Yeah but, some of these yoke probably have expensive items needing fixing, electrics can be a PITA. Anyway the only Triumph dealer I know is up North unless Megabikes are a Triumph dealer as well?[/QUOTE]

Yup Dublin Triumph, part of the Harley place and now Ducati too. Bikeworld reckon they are Triumph dealer too......

Cienciano wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread but:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4071278
    For a 2009 bike with only 12k km on the clock, it's very good value.

I'm done with this thread. I just had a quick look at my bank account after seeing that, I can't buy another bike.

I'm done with this thread. I just had a quick look at my bank account after seeing that, I can't buy another bike.

Going somewhere?

€1250
    Full-15614130.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You should be banned from the internet :mad:

You should be banned from the internet :mad:

Banned from the what now?

Set of akrapovic's and it looks even better.

LOL,
    90 reg zxr 750 goes like the clappers 750e
    Cheap motoring in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Not bad but you'd need to budget for a rear shock at least.
    Looks very stock apart from that hideous screen which is a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

If i had the cash, i'd be all over the TL :(

Then all over the road 5 mins later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Gah, this thread is just pure evil...
    <Subscribe>

Never mind the TL, I'm killing myself in style :cool:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C267510

OK, not cheap, but one really nice looking machine. I reckon I'd be dead about 5 seconds after the turbo kicks in

2437697.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Certainly dont make them like that anymore.....

Cienciano wrote: »
    OK, not cheap, but one really nice looking machine. I reckon I'd be dead about 5 seconds after the turbo kicks in

Given that turbo bikes had low compression (to avoid detonation) and really crap throttle response when off the turbo, it'd give a great impression of speed when you did hit the power band :)
    Wasn't long until they discovered turbos on bikes were far more trouble than they're worth.
    Far easier and cheaper to just put a bigger motor in.
    It only puts out a claimed 112bhp according to Wiki. It claims to be an 87 (they weren't produced that long, maybe was in storage) and only a few years later the likes of an early Fireblade would have blown it into the weeds.
    Great looking bike though :)

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Given that turbo bikes had low compression (to avoid detonation) and really crap throttle response when off the turbo, it'd give a great impression of speed when you did hit the power band :)
    Wasn't long until they discovered turbos on bikes were far more trouble than they're worth.
    Far easier and cheaper to just put a bigger motor in.
    It only puts out a claimed 112bhp according to Wiki. It claims to be an 87 (they weren't produced that long, maybe was in storage) and only a few years later the likes of an early Fireblade would have blown it into the weeds.
    Great looking bike though :)

The GPZ900 (as you probably know with your username) is the one to get. Was supposed to pretty much the same performance as the 750turbo even better than the 1000.
    But the 750 turbo is the nicest looking imho.

Top-Gun.png

Yeah it was the Top Gun bike :) I bought a 1990 (first year with no anti-dive and 17" front wheel) ten years ago which was a great bike, I still own it but it's been off the road for the last few years and I've never got around to sorting it out :(

Bit of a crap photo but it's the only one I have of the actual bike :(

228796.jpg

The turbo is good looking but I think partly because we know it's so rare/exotic.
    The GPz900R had less of an "80s" look about it so (imho) hasn't dated as much.

There were some pretty wacky guys in the German GPz owners club. ZZR1100 motors shoehorned in (actually not that hard, and some engine casings were the same!), turbos, nitrous... The UK owners club used to go over there every year and meet them for a mega booze-up, I was going to go one year but my back tyre had 3 plugged punctures and wasn't holding air, and 18" rears in that size were just unobtainable all over Europe that summer. People were ringing up Michelin and Pirelli begging them to run off another batch of 18" rears... :(

Scrap the cap!

Nice bike.
    The 900's seem to go for a few quid. If it's taking up room in your garage and you want to offload it to someone, give us a pm :D

Thanks :) but I'm hanging on to it for the moment anyway. Would have to change my user name if I sold it :pac:

Scrap the cap!

Don't have anywhere to store a classic at the moment. And with kids, I doubt I'll be able to afford one for about 18 years, when I can legally kick the last one out.

• Advertisement

Quality vintage Ducati for sale here.
    Must be great handling with those thin light wheels and the low down engine. And as with all Ducati's, amazing note out of it.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C347201

Advertisement