Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargains I won't be buying...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

cantdecide wrote: »
    Christ another one

€3k '05 Viffer
    Jasus, great time to be buying a vfr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4303037

not a major bargain, but good deal I think. Looks very clean. 07 sv650, lowish miles .

The reason this caught my eye is the full fairing on it..wasn't a fan of the sv650 but the full fairing transforms its looks I think.

The guy says 'aftermarket' fairings- would this point to the bike having fell/crashed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

cojomo2 wrote: »

not a major bargain, but good deal I think. Looks very clean. 07 sv650, lowish miles .

The reason this caught my eye is the full fairing on it..wasn't a fan of the sv650 but the full fairing transforms its looks I think.

The guy says 'aftermarket' fairings- would this point to the bike having fell/crashed?

I had a half faired sv1000 and put aftermarket fairings on mine.
    Here is how mine currently looks. I wouldnt be suspicious about the chap adding fairings tbh.

picture.php?albumid=1900&pictureid=14123

ow.. i would consider that a major bargain.
    Savage price tbh.

goodlad wrote: »
    I had a half faired sv1000 and put aftermarket fairings on mine.
    Here is how mine currently looks. I wouldnt be suspicious about the chap adding fairings tbh.

picture.php?albumid=1900&pictureid=14123
    yeah very nice, the extra fairings really adds to the bike. How much did those fairings cost you, did you have to pay to get em sprayed too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

in the market for a new shape 650 over xmas myself, 2003 onwards.

the s model (fully faired) also has different sprockets and different riding position afaik.

looks great faired, looks ****e naked (imo of course)

whats the 1000 like on juice? heavy? what kinda mpg..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

SV650s asking 3k?? But that's VFR territory these days..!! ;)

If you are in market for SV, don't forget to check out sv650.org, for instance there's an very low miles 09 there, which might work out around €3.5k approximately.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=187704

yeah very nice, the extra fairings really adds to the bike. How much did those fairings cost you, did you have to pay to get em sprayed too?

They came color matched to my bike. I don't really wanna say exactly what i paid caus i got a discount and then a further discount because there was 2 small chips out of the fairings when they arrived. Retail they are around 400 where as suzuki originals are about 600.
    copeyhagen wrote: »

the s model (fully faired) also has different sprockets and different riding position afaik.

Dont get a 2003 model. From what i know the 2003 had a lot of year specific stuff on it thats hard to come by. I couldnt tell ya what exactly i just know from reading on sv forums people generally say go for 2004 and up.

I have no idea what its like i juice tbh. Ive never even tried to keep an eye on it.

cheers, wouldnt be looking to spend anymore than 2k.

just the new model i want, doesnt have to be 2003, doesnt have to be black frame either so 04 would do!!

i have it narrowed down to a 650s or else another inline 4, like a cbr600 or gsxr600.

having never ridden a twin i kinda like the idea of low down torque for commuting :)

• Advertisement

When I looked into SV650s some two years ago, I read some very good reviews, but the general vibe I got was that 03 and 04 bikes are every so slightly different to rest of them, and 05 version is the best with all new-bike issues corned out etc. Again, 08-09 onwards there were a lot of complaints about drop in build quality, rust etc. This is all based on reading up on sv650.org I linked above. I would think 05 - 06, black frame models are the best of the pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

copeyhagen wrote: »

The S model is geared differently but only means it has the small fairing at the front with the screen, the fairing lowers are an extra. e.g. I have an 650S with a belly pan and no fairing lowers:
    54540210150811888122283.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Simona1986 wrote: »
    The S model is geared differently but only means it has the small fairing at the front with the screen, the fairing lowers are an extra. e.g. I have an 650S with a belly pan and no fairing lowers:
    54540210150811888122283.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats exactly what mine looked like until i bought the pyramid lowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

All this talk of SV's, here's a cheap firestorm.
    Old, but very low milage:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4157380

looks gorgeous in white alright, is that an aftermarket sprayjob yeh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Cienciano wrote: »

I've been watching that on DD.

For the record, I am looking for a bargain sport bike like this or an old blade or gixxer. I'm assuming I have to shift my project bike to part fund it but if a stonker comes up for around the grand mark, I could strike. Something scruffy but PMO would be the order of the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Always wanted a firestorm...cant seem to part from my zx7 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4136352

If im not mistaken that looks very like a zxr 750 sp???

Just goin off the single seat and odd ball casting on the clutch casing??

They would be a rare enough auld girl these days.. Think OWO1 yamaha kinda country....

Always wanted a firestorm...cant seem to part from my zx7 :o

Dont do it!!!! they bend in the middle, eat tyres, and have no brakes.. the zx is one of the best handling bikes ive ever ridden if it wasnt for the weight.. Its like an over grown 400..

• Advertisement

hrcbob wrote: »
    Dont do it!!!! they bend in the middle, eat tyres, and have no brakes.. the zx is one of the best handling bikes ive ever ridden if it wasnt for the weight.. Its like an over grown 400..

I'll take your word so....R1 or 954 next ;) ZX10 if I get money lol

I'll take your word so....R1 or 954 next ;) ZX10 if I get money lol

Have never ridden a zx10 but the r1 would be my choice of the other two,, The honda is just too,,,, well,,, honda.. it works well but is nothing exciting,.. the yam has that raw edge that makes it more fun... always felt like the blade was too sedated engine wise and too giddy on the handlebars,, They realy need a good steering damper..

Have never ridden a zx10 but the r1 would be my choice of the other two,, The honda is just too,,,, well,,, honda.. it works well but is nothing exciting,.. the yam has that raw edge that makes it more fun... always felt like the blade was too sedated engine wise and too giddy on the handlebars,, They realy need a good steering damper..

Heard the R1 was very twitchy but all blades need dampers lol......

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4289963

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

:rolleyes:

Bend in the middle? If you say so.
    Eat tyres? It's a 1000cc Vtwin, there'd be something wrong if it didn't.
    Have no brakes? Brakes are fine on them, I doubt brakes off a Blade of that year would be any better.

Maybe you bought a sh1t one?

I miss my one, created a huge grin every time you opened her up and crackled & spat flames out the exhausts when you roll off the throttle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Cienciano wrote: »

She still looks fantastic! :)

KamiKazi wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Bend in the middle? If you say so.
    Eat tyres? It's a 1000cc Vtwin, there'd be something wrong if it didn't.
    Have no brakes? Brakes are fine on them, I doubt brakes off a Blade of that year would be any better.

Maybe you bought a sh1t one?

I miss my one, created a huge grin every time you opened her up and crackled & spat flames out the exhausts when you roll off the throttle :D

I hadnt deep enough pockets for a set of pipes for mine,, :(
    I always felt that if you were realy pushing it on a good bendy road that when you got back on the throtle on the exit of a corner that you could feel the whole thing flex.. I checked over all the bearings on it just to be sure but it was all as should be,, Maybe it was just a dud,, that bein said wasnt it the first honda with the swing arm bolted to the back of the motor as opposed to the frame???
    It would only handle properly with a big flat rear like a michelin macadam 90 on the back and something pointy like a d208sp on the front,, Was wicked twitchey with anything more sporty on the rear or less so on the front..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4169579

Was up before as well.

Slight cosmetic my arse tho; the nose cone alone is prolly hard to come by.

*sighs*

I still would, a TL is on my list of sunny day bikes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

GPZ1000RX @ €600!.

I was searching for an ol' banger (I wanna put a rat bike on the road) and came across this.

A cheap as chips litre bike for someone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

kaimera wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4169579

Was up before as well.

Slight cosmetic my arse tho; the nose cone alone is prolly hard to come by.

*sighs*

I still would, a TL is on my list of sunny day bikes :P

...what, no photo of the only bit of the bike that IS damaged ? What's up with that ? FFS........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

GPZ1000RX @ €600!.

I was searching for an ol' banger (I wanna put a rat bike on the road) and came across this.

A cheap as chips litre bike for someone :)

....assuming it's sound, and half as good as the pics, it's a bargain.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement