Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible Speeds

Options
  • 13-11-2012 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Basically, about a year ago the broadband was perfect, getting good speeds etc. It then completely dropped, but you sent out a technician who quickly resolved the problem. But since then, the speed has been awful, can't even play games on XBL due to the lag. We've rang numerous times in which we've been told to do this and that... which increases the speed for maybe an hour only for it to drop again.
    2305251153.png

So, I was just wondering if you could simply provide us with a service something like what we are paying for, not this shambles :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Oscars well.

Can you please PM me your account number/phone number and i shall look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

PM sent, thanks Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Oscars well

I have been in contact with technical support and we have arranged to increase your download speeds to the max that the line can take (up to 3mb). To set these speeds in place please reboot your modem by pressing the button located in the pinhole located at the back of your modem.

If this does not solve the issue please connect your laptop/PC to your modem via yellow ethernet cable and the modem directly to the socket and run a test. If the test shows faster speeds through the ethernet cable then you will know that it is set up issue, wireless issue or modem issue instead of a broadband issue. If this issue persists after doing all this broadband technical support have asked me to advise you to call the on 1890260260.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Thanks a million Alan!

Advertisement