Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of a strange one - spots.

Options
  • 13-11-2012 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

This is probably a bit of a weird one, but it's something I've noticed over the past few weeks.

Got a tattoo done (white and black, lots of shading) towards the end of September. It healed beautifully and everything was grand.

A few weeks ago, I noticed what felt like goosebumps when I brushed off of it. I put it down to being actual goosebumps because I was freezing, but they're there a few weeks now, so I don't think they're goosebumps anymore. :pac:

I couldn't get a pic that actually shows them, because they're tiny, but you can feel them. They're spots that are pinprick sized and feel like goosebumps. When I stretch the skin taut, they are white, even through the black ink.

Any idea what this is? It's not itching or bothering me, I'm just a little weirded out because I've never had that happen before and I never get spots anywhere, let alone on tattoos! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

it seems fairly common a few weeks/months after. I get it, as have various customers and friends. I amn't sure what it is exactly, but I would theorize that the pores are clearing dead skin cells or protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

it seems fairly common a few weeks/months after. I get it, as have various customers and friends. I amn't sure what it is exactly, but I would theorize that the pores are clearing dead skin cells or protein.

Ah, grand. :) I was just worried because it never happened with my others and I'd never seen or heard of it before. I was mainly making sure it wasn't something like an infection or keloid scarring. Thank you! :)

Advertisement