Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned

Options
  • 13-11-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Was banned 2009 for 3yrs DD,Used car again 10 months later and was stopped by the Garda and banned for 5yrs...

So I am banned for 60 months from october 2010 until october 2015. Just want to know can I appeal to the Irish courts after 40 months 2/thirds served so that I mite get my licence back..I know how people think of DD and I am the first to admit how foolish I was back in 2009 for driving the car after a wedding I like most DD I honest to god thought I was ok to drive ,, I have learned my lesson big time .And when I drove it again , it was nothing to do with drink it was early morning and I took the crazy chance and drove to the local shops and was stopped by the Garda and charged for driving whilst banned ..A lot of people will think that I have no respect for the law ..trust me I do I was just foolish I should have sold the car or indeed locked it up far away from my house but I took a chance ..just wondering if there is anyone else in my position ? We all do crazy things and live to regret it .....just need a honest answer ..and not a nasty answer as so many people do on Boards .ie............Am not a bad man just foolish and I am not in the habit of drinking and driving I am 40yrs old and have never been in trouble before or indeed after this situation.......Can I appeal after 2/thirds or have I no chance??? not sure how these things go in court I know the Judge will think I have a total disregard of the Law ,,but as I mentioned before I do not..surely everyone deserves a chance and to show remorse .The five yr ban is very hard going and it will result in the loss of my home ...can anyone give me proper advice ..I do not yet have a Lawyer ..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Then get a solicitor. Legal advice is banned sitewide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joe1967

Spear wrote: »
    Then get a solicitor. Legal advice is banned sitewide.

aye well cheers for help not
    :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement