Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal Extreme AVOID!!!!!

Options
  • 13-11-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Recently adverts.ie had a deal extreme advert running so i popped in for a look.
    Found a nice watch and ordered it.
    Almost one month later it still has not arrive,countless calls emails,and live chats proved fruitless.
    First has adverts.ie even checked out this company?

I Would advise anyone to stay away from this shower of morons,and id like to know why adverts allow them advertise in the first place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They are legit, I have ordered from them loads of times, cheap tat that will not last long, an online €2 shop really.

They can take ages to deliver as it comes from China, and stuff is sometimes out of stock.

They will cancel orders if you ask, so its strange you had no replies, they were quick enough to get back to me.

Definitely not a scam though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, not a scam..

.. ordered hundreds of bits and pieces from them.

It'll arrive but it'll take 6 - 8 weeks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Deal extreme is great, very cheap stuff, free shipping but yes it can take a long time for stuff to be delivered,

Everything I've ordered I've got from them although sometimes it can take weeks, what do you expect for free delivery from China though???? :)

Op, as for your comment about adverts.ie......you clicked on a banner advert on adverts.ie which took you to a totally separate website....anything you order from this separate website has NOTHING to do with adverts.ie.

Anyway, been a awhile since i ordered anything from them so I'm now going to go have a look at the website and see what cool stuff they have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

How do find 2 weeks of no contact or reply from a company?
    Thats utter bull customer service,i was told 2 weeks tops.
    And my item was far from 2 euro btw.And in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

I've ordered from them loads of times. cheap and cheerful. a long wait for stuff but it always came.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jimmynokia wrote: »

Why don't you use the online chat they have on their website, instance response to your query

Just tried it now and they are certainly online and accepting chats,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If its value is over €22, or if customs might think it is, then it could be being held.

They usually send high cost stuff by registered post. Can you check your account to see if it is even sent yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Almost one month later it still has not arrive,countless calls emails,and live chats proved fruitless.

Asking them what? To cancel the order, or to query where it is? If it has been dispatched then it can take many weeks (5 was the longest I've had to wait); also they probably won't cancel a dispatched order until well after the possible time frame, as they'd have to claim from their post provider.

If it hasn't been dispatched, then I've never had a problem cancelling via live chat (or email).
    First has adverts.ie even checked out this company?
    No, that is not the norm for websites (who use ad networks like DoubleClick/Google AdSense). They may have the option to block certain ads, but they don't have the ability to vet all ads on the network. Again, this is standard practice for web/mobile app advertising.
    id like to know why adverts allow them advertise in the first place
    They didn't. They used an advertising agency that advertised them. With the great number of happy customers on Boards.ie, it's unlikely they would have blocked them even if they could. A similar comparison would be that of a land/property owner who have a billboard on their site. They don't advertise the companies directly.

Anyway, if your item has dispatched then it'll be months before DE's post providers will process a lost-item claim, and they'll be reluctant to refund you until then. Most posters here probably agree if you wait, it'll turn up. If they haven't dispatched, then I'm surprised you haven't been able to cancel the order (like many of us here have). Either way, it's nothing to do with Adverts.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thats utter bull customer service,i was told 2 weeks tops.

If it was expensive, you'll have to factor in the chances of Customs here getting their mitts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Have to agree with the others. Have used DX loads of times. Always try and stick below €25 to avoid customs.

It takes ages for items to arrive, usually so long I forget about it and get a nice surprise when the postman calls. They use surface post, I think it takes about a month for a ship to get from China to Europe and then it has to get through a few different postal companies.

I got a broken item off then and it was replaced no hassle. All done by email, replacement posted within a few days. Usual delay with postage.

• Advertisement

Well its my first time to use them and unaware as to the lousy shipping.
    They finally got back to me simply saying can you wait for another 1-7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Was your item actually sent? The tracking number should be under your order in your account if it was over €20 odd.
    I've used them for years now and the shipping has gotten longer and longer over time, the prices have also risen compared to what they used to be but bargains are there to be found once you dont mind waiting a month or two.

5500 wrote: »
    Was your item actually sent? The tracking number should be under your order in your account if it was over €20 odd.
    I've used them for years now and the shipping has gotten longer and longer over time, the prices have also risen compared to what they used to be but bargains are there to be found once you dont mind waiting a month or two.
    The tracking number tells me nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

OP, chill. It'll arrive.

I've ordered lots of stuff from DX and it's always arrived. Can take 6+ weeks though.

I'd only order low value stuff, nothing complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Just chiming in that I'm a happy deal extreme customer =)

I often go on a buying binge, buying up lots of stuff and getting it shipped over seperatly which is great due to their free postage. It's a great surprise months later when you receive stuff that you had forgotten you ordered.

Currently got a submarine and a 20m long waterproof endoscope on the way... can't wait to cable tie the endoscope onto the submarine and go exploring... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anything I've ordered from deal extreme was shoddy, cheaply made crap I would avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

The tracking number tells me nothing.

try checking on 17track.net and see if theres any result. Sometimes it can take a few days/to a week before the item shows up on chinaposts tracking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Over 100 orders with DX, only a few with issues that all got resolved, current waiting time based on my last shipment was 5-6 weeks.

Advertisement