Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Reds and Manchester Reds combined

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

1. Breen
    2. Breen
    3. Breen
    4. Breen
    5. Breen
    6. Breen
    7. Breen
    8. Breen
    9. Breen
    10. Breen
    11. Breen

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

De Gea

Rafael - Vidic - Agger - Johnson

Lucas
    Kagawa - Carrick

Rooney
    Suarez
    RVP

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tbh, if you're getting any more than 4 Liverpool players. You're doing it wrong. My Gerrard inclusion was me being fairly generous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Bebe
    Johnson--Carrick--Coates--Buttner
    Reina
    Rooney--Powell
    ---Doni
    Suarez
    Carragher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Needs more Doni.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgXQmCn_EJpgnNhKw61-eWuRC3mVZoTnfPzpIgb3DCNUvy_k3z

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Bebe
    Johnson--Carrick--Coates--Buttner
    Reina
    Rooney--Powell
    ---Doni
    Suarez
    Carragher
    There is so much wrong with this team I don't even know where to begin.

Bebe is nowhere near tall enough to be a keeper, Carrick has never looked comfortable at centre back,

Reina has nowhere near the discipline to play a holding position, he has been far too error prone of late. Doni and Carragher just don't have the pace to play attacking football in the modern game.

Seriously like, are you on drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

CSF wrote: »

Bebe is nowhere near tall enough to be a keeper, Carrick has never looked comfortable at centre back,

Reina has nowhere near the discipline to play a holding position, he has been far too error prone of late. Doni and Carragher just don't have the pace to play attacking football in the modern game.

Bebe should be in goal as........ nobody puts Bebe in the corner.

Being in goal would lesson his chances of being there.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

De Gea

Lucas
    Kagawa - Carrick

Rooney
    Suarez
    RVP

This probably is what I'd plum for as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that we have less United defenders? It's United that are considered to be having the shocking year defensively relative to normally. A lot of that though is because of the injuries to three class defenders, including one of the best in the world. Liverpool's defenders are having a normal year after a strange good year last year. Not shocking at all

A strange good year last year? Yea, don't think I'll waste my time with someone so clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

CSF wrote: »

If Bebe wants to be taller he'll make himself taller.

We'll get Carrick a few cushions so he's more comfortable.

We'll glue Reina to the ground so he can't go wandering.

If Doni wants to run faster he'll run faster.

Carragher doesn't need pace because he won't be leaving the six yard box.

Q.E.D

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    If Bebe wants to be taller he'll make himself taller.

We'll get Carrick a few cushions so he's more comfortable.

We'll glue Reina to the ground so he can't go wandering.

If Doni wants to run faster he'll run faster.

Carragher doesn't need pace because he won't be leaving the six yard box.

Q.E.D
    I really don't think its going to work. There are better options for those positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

wow, so many United defenders. Considering they have conceded the same amount of goals as Liverpool, and Liverpool are considered to be having a pretty shocking year in that department it's pretty comical.
    A strange good year last year? Yea, don't think I'll waste my time with someone so clueless.

It's laughable you actually think Liverpool's defense is better than United. You regularly make a tit of yourself in these types of threads. Going on what you've said today and before, Liverpool have a better GK, Defense and Midfield. A team that has finished 7th, 6th and 8th in the past 3 season, and is in the bottom half this year, yet is better in most positions than a side that finishes in the top 2 every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

de gea
    Rafael--vidic--agger--Johnson
    Lucas---Anderson
    wazza
    Suarez--rvp--Chico

De gea is class at the moment, jones is playing better then reina FFs. I'm putting Jonson at lb as he's been brilliant there this season and looks in the form of his career. I've put Anderson in to appease united fans as he seems a fan favourite, slot in Allen if he's out of position there. Wazza as an attacking midfielder supplying rvp. Suarez on the right as he'd wiggle his way through just about anything because he somehow can and Chico put left cause even as as a pool fan ya havta love him :D dunno if he can play law or not but whatever...

4 Liverpool
    7 united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Liverpool must be the only team in the league that have some fans that think their club, who is in the bottom half of the table, has 5 players who would improve the league leaders. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's laughable you actually think Liverpool's defense is better than United. You regularly make a tit of yourself in these types of threads. Going on what you've said today and before, Liverpool have a better GK, Defense and Midfield. A team that has finished 7th, 6th and 8th in the past 3 season, and is in the bottom half this year, yet is better in most positions than a side that finishes in the top 2 every year

I never said Liverpools defence is better. Along with football it seems reading is something else you struggle at. Where did I say Liverpool had a better keeper this season? As for your originally claim about last year being a "strange year"

2011/2012 - 40 goals conceded
    2010/2011 - 44
    2009/2010 - 35
    2008/2009 - 27
    2007/2008 - 28
    2006/2007 - 26

Yea, last year was definitely a strange year in which we did a lot better defensively than we normally do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This thread sucks ass and is gonna end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

De Gea
    Rafael
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Carrick
    Kagawa
    Valencia
    Nani
    Rooney
    Van Persie

Bench: Doni, Smalling, Anderson, Scholes, Young, Hernandez.

Manchester United - 16
    Liverpool - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dya know what wouldn't be a retarded thread?

Liverpool/Utd best 11 ever.

The forwards get all the plaudits so there's a big hole in my knowledge of defenders 1900-1995.
    The front 6 would be something to behold however.

---Souness--Charlton
    Dalglish--Best--Barnes
    Ronaldo

Gbear wrote: »

The forwards get all the plaudits so there's a big hole in my knowledge of defenders 1900-1995.

---Souness--Charlton
    Dalglish--Best--Barnes
    Ronaldo

No Ian Rush = fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mad thread and im neutral so heres my 11
    Reina
    Johnson Vidic Jones Evra
    Valencia Gerrard Kagawa Young
    RVP Rooney

Subs
    De Gea Skrtel Smalling Anderson Sterling Suarez Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

5starpool wrote: »
    Ferguson rarely picks Hernandez up front recently. Do you know better than him?

Ferguson knows his talent well, we're just blessed with 2 great strikers in Rooney and Van Persie ahead of him.
    Chicharito is on six goals. He is getting back to where he was a couple of years back and I'm certain he will get 20 goals plus. I think he is enjoying himself. This summer's rest has helped him immensely.

Doesn't sound like a man who has no faith in Hernandez to me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No Ian Rush = fail

Who was better at their very best, Rush or van Persie? Never saw Rush in his prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Mad thread and im neutral so heres my 11
    Reina
    Johnson Vidic Jones Evra
    Valencia Gerrard Kagawa Young
    RVP Rooney

Subs
    De Gea Skrtel Smalling Anderson Sterling Suarez Hernandez

Phil Jones isn't even Uniteds first choice he's 5th choice at best . No way he deserves a place in that team .

No Ian Rush = fail

Rushy was great but there's nowhere to put him.
    If Messi wasn't the greatest player ever then Ronaldo would at least be talked about as era-defining.

Of course, I hadn't considered going 3 at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Blatter wrote: »
    Who was better at their very best, Rush or van Persie? Never saw Rush in his prime.
    Ian Rush on his failure at Juventus, "It was like living in a foreign country.":D

Blatter wrote: »

Rush hit over 30 goals in 5 seasons and over 20 four more times.

346 goals in 660 apps for Liverpool ( 229 league goals in 469 apps)

Van Persie isn't even halfway there yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

De Gea

Johnson---Vidic---Agger---Evra

Gerrard---Lucas

Suarez
    Rooney----Nani

RVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Rush hit over 30 goals in 5 seasons and over 20 four more times.

346 goals in 660 apps for Liverpool ( 229 league goals in 469 apps)

Van Persie isn't even halfway there yet

Ah, that's not quite what I asked though. I know from the statistics that Rush played a lot more games, and scored more goals as a result. Just asking those that saw both at their best, who they think was better.

For example van Nistelrooy scored 347 in 589 apps for cub and country throughout his career, but I would still take van Persie at his best over him because I think he's a more complete player than Ruud ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Awesome thread, keep her lit lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Awesome thread, keep her lit lads :D
    Nothing like an international friendly break to fuel intelligent debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

De Gea
    Valencia - Lucas - Kagawa
    Rooney - Suarez
    RvP

7 United, 4 Liverpool... only in that formation. Suarez would have to miss out if it was 2 up top.
    Sahin would stroll into it in his Dortmund form.

I think anyone putting more than 4 Liverpool players in is pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

---Souness--Charlton
    Dalglish--Best--Barnes
    Ronaldo
    No Law; no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Reina

Rafael
    Vidic
    Agger
    Johnson

Scholes
    Lucas

Kagawa

Rooney
    Suarez

Van Persie

Agger and Vidic would be a pretty brilliant partnership at the back and the front 3 supported by Kagawa would be class.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

I stand by my initial team, maybe put Kagawa there instead of Young.

Rooney hasn't been great this season and as far as I'm concerned you have to play the two form strikers in the league.

As for those suggesting Hernandez, puhlease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Can't understand how any sane person would put Scholes in a team before Gerrard based on current ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Someone should set up a Merseyside Blue & Manchester Blue thread. Say there would be a crazy reaction to it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

djPSB wrote: »
    Can't understand how any sane person would put Scholes in a team before Gerrard based on current ability.

Huh?What does Gerrard do now that is or was any better than Scholes ever did?
    Gerrard would not get near Scholes at his pomp or now,He has adapted to getting older and slower with changing his game totally.
    Gerrard is still the same old not a winger,not a CM not a in the hole player he ever was,a hollywood pass player

Nailz wrote: »
    No Law; no way.

OK.

Between Souness a great keeper and 2 defenders that would probably be enough to defend.
    Don't know enough about old UTD teams to represent them in defence.

Clemence
    ----Neal
    Hansen
    Souness---
    Best----Charlton--Barnes
    Dalglish
    ---Rush--Law--Ronaldo

OK.

Between Souness a great keeper and 2 defenders that would probably be enough to defend.

Clemence
    ----Neal
    Hansen
    Souness---
    Best----Charlton--Barnes
    Dalglish
    ---Rush--Law--Ronaldo

jumpers for goalposts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

OK.

Clemence
    ----Neal
    Hansen
    Souness---
    Best----Charlton--Barnes
    Dalglish
    ---Rush--Law--Ronaldo

No Schmeichel ......... The greatest Goal Keeper in the history of English football, the shouldnt even be up for debate, Clemence wasnt even the greatest in the league when he played, Shilton was..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I got as far as Clemence and laughed.:o

to compare the current teams is near impossible on current form, I'd only take Suarez but not ahead of rooney or rvp, dont really see why you suggest any others ahead of uniteds first 11, I'd have rafael ahead of johnson also evans, smalling are better than agger hes the most overated defender in the league but i'm biased.

a quick all time for me would be this off the top of my head

Schmechel
    Gary Neville Hansen Emlyn Hughes
    Souness Keane
    Best Charlton Giggs
    Dalglish Rush

Hard to leave Law out but Rush was better I'd say, next to only Jimmy Greaves
    Ronaldo was a great player for United but in a short period, he may have won european player of the year but so did Michael Owen. Best, Charlton, Dalglish are no brainers. Neville arguably greatest right back ever in England, Hansen at Center Half equally, Emlyn Hughes was a magnificent Attacking Defender. Keane is the greatest midfielder ever to play in England. The only 2 debatable were Giggs ahead of Barnes and Souness ahead of Robson.

Also Ray Kennedy, the most underated player ever, probably the greatest player in the 70s as a honorable mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rush was the best out and out finisher I ever watched, the traditional lethal striker, he was better than Lineker who was the best comparison at the time.

He was unstoppable in his first spell at Liverpool, in 145 matches that he scored Liverpool never lost. The record ended in the League Cup final in 86 and he was away to Juventus just after.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Its a Cliche but if Rush had been English, he'd be regarded on a even higher level, he had a **** record against United though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ares wrote: »
    I stand by my initial team, maybe put Kagawa there instead of Young.

Rooney hasn't been great this season and as far as I'm concerned you have to play the two form strikers in the league.

As for those suggesting Hernandez, puhlease!

It's slightly inconsistent that form is your criteria for selecting your strikers, allowing you to put Suarez in there, but you've no such worries about form when putting Reina and Lucas into your line-up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement